Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old May 24, 2019, 12:50 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by ecgz88
For search award availability do I still need have enough miles in my account to search?
Thanks!
yes

Originally Posted by ecgz88
for NA to Europe reward ticket can I route through Asia(TPE)?
Thanks!
you might find. I've seen options to fly to NA via ICN with OZ or via NRT with NH. Didnt check other options but you might find something
ecgz88 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:22 am

Not exactly an A3 question but here I can find the highest concentration of ATH flyers: is there anywhere airside I can buy kataifi from?

Flying RHO-ATH-AMS with a 2h layover so leaving the airport is out of the question.

Thank you
Old May 30, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Not exactly an A3 question but here I can find the highest concentration of ATH flyers: is there anywhere airside I can buy kataifi from?

Flying RHO-ATH-AMS with a 2h layover so leaving the airport is out of the question.

Thank you
The Hellenic Duty Free Shops have kataifi in their stores at the airport. You won't need to leave the security area. You may have to go to a larger one, e.g. near the A3/LH lounge or the main one behind the security (talking Schengen area).
Old May 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Arrivals
The Hellenic Duty Free Shops have kataifi in their stores at the airport. You won't need to leave the security area. You may have to go to a larger one, e.g. near the A3/LH lounge or the main one behind the security (talking Schengen area).
Thank you for the quick reply! I'm planning on going to the lounge so I'll check out the shop there. Thank you again!
Old May 31, 2019, 1:47 pm

Does Aegean no longer publish comprehensive timetables, like they did once upon a time (see for example here: https://en.aegeanair.com/files/1/Con...5Timetable.pdf)? Do I have to use the search engine, https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/flight-schedules/?
Old May 31, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I should probably know this but a search produced nothing. Do TAP flights (domestic and/or short international) operated by Portugalia have full *A benefits for an A3*G? I'm not too concerned about earning as I'll probably be in a non-earning class anyway, but lounge access and a free checked bag is a must. I'm talking about domestic (LIS-OPO) and maybe also MAD-OPO/LIS. The flight numbers are "main sequence" so I'm guessing yes. On LIS-OPO, for example, TP 1926 and TP1966 are operated by mainline A319 whereas TP1956 and TP1970 are on a Portugalia E190. Any first-hand experience?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I should probably know this but a search produced nothing. Do TAP flights (domestic and/or short international) operated by Portugalia have full *A benefits for an A3*G? I'm not too concerned about earning as I'll probably be in a non-earning class anyway, but lounge access and a free checked bag is a must. I'm talking about domestic (LIS-OPO) and maybe also MAD-OPO/LIS. The flight numbers are "main sequence" so I'm guessing yes. On LIS-OPO, for example, TP 1926 and TP1966 are operated by mainline A319 whereas TP1956 and TP1970 are on a Portugalia E190. Any first-hand experience?
Not first hand, but there are threads in >Other European Airlines< forum regarding TAP axed Star Gold access to certain contract lounges.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Flew recently on their shuttle to/from OPO operated by White and had all *G benefits.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:44 am

I flew BCN-LIS a few years back (4?) on an non-earning flight and I had priority CI, free bag and lounge at BCN.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:42 am

I have a question which might be not directly A3, but my search did not give me anything. If i fly from geneva with aegean on economy class do I have access to the swiss senator lounge or only to the business one?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Anubis13
I have a question which might be not directly A3, but my search did not give me anything. If i fly from geneva with aegean on economy class do I have access to the swiss senator lounge or only to the business one?
If you are *G you can access the SEN lounge.
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:04 am

Thank you, i forgot the most important but I am A3 Gold just wanted to make sure since my boarding pass was saying access to the business one.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:08 am

Unless they've had some major changes during the last three years (haven't visited either lounge since then), you're in for a disappontment: usually overcrowded and, at best, mediocre F&B.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:06 am

Hi KLouis,
I think I visited the swiss business one 1.5 year ago, to be honest I find it better than the SAS lounge in CPH and United one in SFO(not the polaris), which I visited 2 months ago. Maybe the food offerings are of my taste. For sure the swiss lounge had a bigger variety of alcohol(but i am not very fun of it besides some good wine that I usually drink). I will let you know though.

I am more eager to see the LH lounge in ATH.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:45 am

You can use LX SEN without any problems, the lounge dragons will even direct you to SEN lounge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.