Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
I've got a tricky one here. I guess we all end up screwed by these things one day or another

LH flights, apparently both operated on wet-leased planes - that's not a codeshare:

LH396 operated by Air Nostrum on behalf of Lufthansa German Airlines
Miles posted as LH, as expected.
Fun fact: I used to board the same plane, with the same crew, under SAS colors.

LH5765 operated by Swiss International Airlines on behalf of Lufthansa German Airlines
Miles eventually posted as LX - that's half the miles.
The retroclaiming tool don't recognize that LH flight number.

Bottom line: "on behalf of" is no longer a reliable indicator
In the first case, "on behalf of" means wet-leased. In the second case, it means codeshare. If you're not sure which is which, the most obvious clue is the flight number. A three-digit flight number (396) is almost always a wet-lease, while a high four-digit number (5765) is frequently a code share.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:04 am

It's even more tricky than that. GVA-FRA was operated only by LH for years, eight flights a day.
But LH is trying to liberate planes, to avoid the collapse they had last summer.
This is a temporary takeover by Swiss, so both companies started flying 4 timeslots each.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Is the grass greener here?

I've had a gold card with Turkish Airlines for many years but am maybe starting to get fed up with their many mistakes (e.g. miles suddenly missing from your account) and lousy customer service (e.g. trying to fix the previous problem), on top of it being a political and corrupt airline. The reason for staying with them has been mainly that I fly them a lot and requalification is easy.

As an alternative I'm looking at A3 M&B. Are people here generally happy with the program? I'm not asking about the well-known things like easy gold but rather if you're happy with the award rules, being able to get things done, consistency, etc. So, is the grass geener here?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Gnopps

As an alternative I'm looking at A3 M&B. Are people here generally happy with the program? I'm not asking about the well-known things like easy gold but rather if you're happy with the award rules, being able to get things done, consistency, etc. So, is the grass geener here?
I'm happy having had SQ and LH golds before. I find A3 easier to deal with and I've always had the awards I want - but I am a very advance planner for them meaning 6+ months out.
Gnopps likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:57 pm

I recently started crediting to M&B and currently have about 12k status miles, no A3 segments though. Next week I will get another 9k, so the total will be around 21k. My plan was to add 2 A3 segments after that so I'll get silver tier.
Now my question is, for my gold qualification after that, will the 12k required for silver just be deducted from my 21k, or will I have to start at 0 again?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by makrom
I recently started crediting to M&B and currently have about 12k status miles, no A3 segments though. Next week I will get another 9k, so the total will be around 21k. My plan was to add 2 A3 segments after that so I'll get silver tier.
Now my question is, for my gold qualification after that, will the 12k required for silver just be deducted from my 21k, or will I have to start at 0 again?
No you'll be OK, the 9000 left over will already count towards your Gold qualification.
makrom likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:08 am

It's been a while, so please forgive me for this dumb question. If you retrocredit the segment to cross from Silver->Gold, is the tier date for Gold renewal:

1) Original Silver requalification tier date + 1 year
2) Date of retrocredit flight + 1 year and 1 day
3) Date of retrocredit claim + 1 year and day
4) Other?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:41 pm

I am unclear about how long miles last. I have 90,000 miles in Miles+Bonus and don't want to lose them! However, I seem too have stopped flying *A classes that can generate more miles into my account to keep it active. I did fly LH in J recently but it was in seat category P which generated no miles (albeit a very nice cash price) so I need to top up my account with a miles credit.

Do Booking.com miles prevent my account miles being terminated?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by makrom
These kind of questions crop up regularly but the simplest way is to remember the rule: whenever your level goes up a notch the miles roll over; when you requalify at the same level they don't.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:40 pm

Miles&Smiles

Any guesses on when Aegean will next sell discounted miles?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Best way from silver to gold

I am on the blue level with 0 status miles and am aiming for gold. Can I get 36k tier miles in one month and then after that fly 6 A3-segments? I'm thinking since tier miles apparently carry over.? Or will this trigger silver at 24k and then I'll be left with only 12k tier miles?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:19 am

No! But you could fly the 6 A3 segments and, after that, then retrocredit to get the necessary miles. That could perhaps work.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
No! But you could fly the 6 A3 segments and, after that, then retrocredit to get the necessary miles. That could perhaps work.
Thanks for your reply! Could I do it like this then? Fly 12k then fly 6 A3-segments then fly 24k? I.e. I become silver mid-trip when collecting the A3-segments and then directly start with the gold-segments during the same trip.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Thanks for your reply! Could I do it like this then? Fly 12k then fly 6 A3-segments then fly 24k? I.e. I become silver mid-trip when collecting the A3-segments and then directly start with the gold-segments during the same trip.
You should probably make sure that the 6 flights are not on the same day. You're upgraded to silver on a specific date, so all flights on that date would probably be included into that upgrade. But 2 segments on one date, which will bring you up to silver, and 4 segments on the next date, which will be the beginning of the gold qualification, should do the trick.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
You should probably make sure that the 6 flights are not on the same day. You're upgraded to silver on a specific date, so all flights on that date would probably be included into that upgrade. But 2 segments on one date, which will bring you up to silver, and 4 segments on the next date, which will be the beginning of the gold qualification, should do the trick.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.