Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by OttoMH
A3*G here approaching my first re-qualification despite being a member since 2015! My gold card year ends 10/10/19 and I only have 4900 miles or so remaining to re-qualify. I have a flight coming up where I have the option to upgrade a segment or two quite cheaply which would take me over the threshold though I am not sure how the 'rolling' 12 month status qualification would apply in this case? Does it:

1) Re-qualify to A3*G on 19/2/19 and then I will be gold through 19/2/20
2) Re-qualify to A3*G on 19/2/19 and then I am gold through 10/10 plus 1 year, so 10/10/20?

In the case of (1) I presume I am better off waiting for more flights later in the status year to maximize gold?
Case (2) is what will happen. Between February and October, and further flights you credit will be useless for status miles, i.e. you can't begin your next requalification until after 10/10

When you say "upgrade a segment or two quite cheaply" what do you mean exactly? If you mean you would do this through the A3 Upgrade Challenge. If so, just bear in mind that you will only get the miles from the original booking class. I'm not sure of the situation with other airlines paid upgrades so be sure to check.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Case (2) is what will happen. Between February and October, and further flights you credit will be useless for status miles, i.e. you can't begin your next requalification until after 10/10

When you say "upgrade a segment or two quite cheaply" what do you mean exactly? If you mean you would do this through the A3 Upgrade Challenge. If so, just bear in mind that you will only get the miles from the original booking class. I'm not sure of the situation with other airlines paid upgrades so be sure to check.
Fantastic, thank you for the quick reply - I was concerned about (1) as that would effectively mean only 5 months at gold before a new year starts - phew!

The upgrade is on SAS using the bid-to-upgrade function, it is usually possible to upgrade for €40 on short sectors for +600 status miles on A3. I can secure an early re-qualification for about €120 which means I have a bit more booking freedom for my personal travel later in the year (no need to look for StarAlliance flights specifically.)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:43 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Hi guys,

due to some changes on my schedule I will voluntarily miss the last flight of my A3 trip and I am wondering if A3 will reprice the ticket if I call them to cancel the last leg? Or should I just miss it and thats it?
As a3 flights are posted in M+B quite fast, I guess the past segments will be posted without any problems, or not?

thank you
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Just wondering, does A3 do original routing credit request? I had originally a flight with SAS : DUS-OSL-ARN, but due to the delay of the first segment and missing my connection to ARN, I was placed on the direct DUS-ARN flight. I removed my A3 number for the DUS-ARN flight, so I would like to claim now for the original routing.
I am not sure if I should write in to customer service (and be again provided a response that for M&B items to call the call center) or to just directly call them.

Cheers!
[this is one aspect I hate of the M&B program, there is no real email/department that handle these issue - I always get a generic response from email for M&B related items to look up the website or call in, etc]
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

Just wondering, does A3 do original routing credit request? I had originally a flight with SAS : DUS-OSL-ARN, but due to the delay of the first segment and missing my connection to ARN, I was placed on the direct DUS-ARN flight. I removed my A3 number for the DUS-ARN flight, so I would like to claim now for the original routing.
I am not sure if I should write in to customer service (and be again provided a response that for M&B items to call the call center) or to just directly call them.

Cheers!
[this is one aspect I hate of the M&B program, there is no real email/department that handle these issue - I always get a generic response from email for M&B related items to look up the website or call in, etc]
Wouldn't that be down to what SAS decides? If the ticket wasn't purchased on A3 stock, I doubt they'd give you miles for the original booking. I imagine you'll have to contact SAS and see what they say.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:45 am

haedingwest is coorect! There's no way that M+B will be aware that your flight DUS-ARN was the result of the proactive cancellation of a late first leg via OSL, unless SAS tells them so.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
i emailed [email protected] couple of times and they replied quite fast (mention gold customer in subject)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBobon
Hi guys,

due to some changes on my schedule I will voluntarily miss the last flight of my A3 trip and I am wondering if A3 will reprice the ticket if I call them to cancel the last leg? Or should I just miss it and thats it?
As a3 flights are posted in M+B quite fast, I guess the past segments will be posted without any problems, or not?

thank you
Personally I would just 'miss' the last leg (I did it once with a BA booking, and points posted as expected). If you don't do this kind of thing often I doubt there would be any consequences.
GBobon likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by KLouis
haedingwest is coorect! There's no way that M+B will be aware that your flight DUS-ARN was the result of the proactive cancellation of a late first leg via OSL, unless SAS tells them so.
What I will do is include a flight delay statement (which I noticed can be downloaded from the SAS website) including my original checked-in boarding pass.

i emailed [email protected] couple of times and they replied quite fast (mention gold customer in subject)
Thanks.. did not really notice this email address before.

Cheers!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: A3 *G
Don't get too excited about that email address! I used to use it a lot but I literally just got off the phone with A3 (retroclaiming a coupon flight that didn't credit) - I emailed them 8 days ago and they hadn't done anything. The agent said that this email address has been deactivated and they will no longer respond on it. He said that whenever you email them you will get a confirmation with a unique incident number within a few minutes. If you don't, which I hadn't, then it means they haven't officially received the email. So [email protected] is officially dead. A shame, it was very useful.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

I emailed with them using the above-mentioned email address in august last year, so things might change since then
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:59 am

Does anyone know if they serve a full hot meal in Business on ATH-LCA, or is it a light snack like the domestic flights?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:34 am

I see the flight time is similar to the OTP-ATH route so I think it will be full hot meal
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yes they do:

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

Thanks for the replies ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.