Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Regarding buying tier miles to keep your status, do you have to do this before Nov 23?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Regarding buying tier miles to keep your status, do you have to do this before Nov 23?
Yes and No: Actually before the date indicated in your account, which is usually Nov. 23 for those who were already Gold before M+B changed the rules a few years ago.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Chr04
The seats with extre leg room is up to row 4.
Are you sure about that? There must definitely be at least some additional legroom in row 5 compared to, say, row 29. My experience is that I can seat at a natural position in the former, while in the very back rows at least my legs need to be slightly angled in order for my knees not to push against the front seat...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by East_and_West

Are you sure about that? There must definitely be at least some additional legroom in row 5 compared to, say, row 29. My experience is that I can seat at a natural position in the former, while in the very back rows at least my legs need to be slightly angled in order for my knees not to push against the front seat...
In my experience, there is additional legroom to at least row 5, maybe even 6 on most A320 and all the way to the exit doors (row 8) on the A321. Not all aircraft are identical though - I guess some A320 may just be to row 4. On the seat selection page, Aegean advertises ALL rows up to row 10 (A320) as having extra legroom, so maybe they are bigger than the others but only slightly. The difference between the front few rows and the ones behind the exits is visibly different (at least 4 or 5 cm).

With the new rules, I've been selecting the back row (30) and have had no problem with the legroom. The very rear rows seem to be the same as all the others behind the emergency exits.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
So as not to confuse people, in case the single day makes a difference, this is not correct.

The year (for most people - those who've qualified for Gold under the new scheme rather than being migrated on to it will have a different year) runs from 00.00 on 24th November to 23.59 on 23rd November. That is the local (not Greek) time your flight must depart within.
Anyone ever got burnt (no miles credited) due to this deadline? My M&B dashboard says, I need XX miles to maintain Gold, until 23rd November 2018. I am taking a MR to get the last 4000 miles needed, and flight departs and lands on the 23rd (last minute crazyness, I know). Just a little cautious about any issues anyone else has experienced, if any. thanks
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Anyone ever got burnt (no miles credited) due to this deadline? My M&B dashboard says, I need XX miles to maintain Gold, until 23rd November 2018. I am taking a MR to get the last 4000 miles needed, and flight departs and lands on the 23rd (last minute crazyness, I know). Just a little cautious about any issues anyone else has experienced, if any. thanks
I think that I hold the FT A3 record for 'nearest the line', with my final flight to requalify departing at 23:35 local on Nov 23 - I dropped to silver for a couple of weeks, and expected that I'd need to call in once the final flights posted, but my status ticked back to Gold the day after the miles posted. So no issues at all.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I think that I hold the FT A3 record for 'nearest the line', with my final flight to requalify departing at 23:35 local on Nov 23 - I dropped to silver for a couple of weeks, and expected that I'd need to call in once the final flights posted, but my status ticked back to Gold the day after the miles posted. So no issues at all.
thats the kind of news I was looking for. thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
On the seat selection page, Aegean advertises ALL rows up to row 10 (A320) as having extra legroom, so maybe they are bigger than the others but only slightly.
Are you sure? They call these 'upfron't seats, not extra legroom...

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
With the new rules, I've been selecting the back row (30) and have had no problem with the legroom. The very rear rows seem to be the same as all the others behind the emergency exits.
Woah, did not know this. Useful info, thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by blackball
Are you sure? They call these 'upfron't seats, not extra legroom...
Yes, not called 'extra legroom' but in the panel above it states "more legroom" for those and "maximum legroom" for the actual extra legroom ones.

blackball likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Im new to this program and im going to obtain a lot of miles soon.
Im thinking of using these star alliance points to upgrade on TK but noticed that only Y and B classes are eligible for upgrading.
Miles and smiles points allows to upgrade any class of TK flight. Is it possible to convert my points to this program?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:19 am

Unfortunately not.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you still have to earn the miles, why don't you just credit them to Miles&Smiles instead?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by MixalisK.
Im new to this program and im going to obtain a lot of miles soon.
Im thinking of using these star alliance points to upgrade on TK but noticed that only Y and B classes are eligible for upgrading.
Miles and smiles points allows to upgrade any class of TK flight. Is it possible to convert my points to this program?
Upgrading a (Y/B) ticket is only slightly cheaper in miles than buying a BC award ticket outright, so is generally not worth it.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
If you still have to earn the miles, why don't you just credit them to Miles&Smiles instead?
Hi
I will transfer and convert bonus from my alpha credit card to miles when i obtain my aegean visa next week. I can convert up to 700.000 miles.
Both singapore and turkish offer upgrades wirh star alliance miles at Y, B ticket classes only.
I suppose bonus points are converted to miles and bonus program only
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:59 am

What booking classes are eligble for Star Alliance upgrade awards? I am booked on SQ ARN-MEL via FRA and SIN in booking class Y. Trying to make an upgrade through the website but get error message "523 Eligibility failure - class not eligible".

I was under the impression that proper booking class Y would be full flex fare and eligble for upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.