Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Miles will be credited based on what you actually ended up flying.
You can attempt to get an original routing credit based on what you booked.
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The good thing in this case is that CPH-GVA is further than CPH-BRU - you should get 100 extra miles! In addition, you might find that the SN flight, being booked at short notice, was ticketed in a class that also earns.
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold.
A3 flight number but different Operating carrier?

Hi everyone,

Do the 4 flight segments count if flight number is A3**** but operated by lets say LH or LX? Purchesed from A3 website? Thanks!!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:44 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Nope
It must be A3 operated.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:01 pm

Assuming 100% miles, why would anyone attempt to get 439 miles instead of 1038?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:42 pm

If it was originally booked in SAS Plus and then rebooked to SAS Go and the SN flight doesn't give any miles.
What do I know? :sweat:
Just assumed that DUBBRU had done the math before.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Assuming 100% miles, why would anyone attempt to get 439 miles instead of 1038?
SAS has a minimum of 600 miles in economy, so BRU-CPH would be 600 while GVA-CPH would be approximately 708. BRU-GVA could be either 0, 500, 750 or 1250 depending on which booking class you end up in.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:09 am

Even with a minimum of 600 miles for the original flight, my question is still valid: why would anyone attempt to get 600 miles instead of 708 or 1208 or 1458 or 1958?
East_and_West likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Afternoon all. Apologies if this is a really stupid question, but am very new to Aegean/*A and really confused by the award chart.
I have looked up regional definitions, and the one confusing me is central and Southern Africa - in here they have the Canary Islands and Madeira. How does that work from an award perspective? If I wanted to fly from London to Madeira would I need to use the Europe to Central/South Africa rate? Similarly if I wanted to fly from Cape Town to Madeira what rate would I use?

Thanks for any advice
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Afternoon all. Apologies if this is a really stupid question, but am very new to Aegean/*A and really confused by the award chart.
I have looked up regional definitions, and the one confusing me is central and Southern Africa - in here they have the Canary Islands and Madeira. How does that work from an award perspective? If I wanted to fly from London to Madeira would I need to use the Europe to Central/South Africa rate? Similarly if I wanted to fly from Cape Town to Madeira what rate would I use?

Thanks for any advice

London to Madeira: Europe to Central/South Africa (Y: 40K, C: 55K OW)
Cape Town to Madeira: Central/South Africa to Central/South Africa (Y: 12.5K, C: 21K OW)

*Fine print: Each one-way trip must be direct or include a single layover not exceeding 24hrs, with both legs being on the same travel class (the latter restriction is a relatively new beast...). Otherwise they count as separate redemptions, and miles count then goes additively.
wijibintheair likes this.

Last edited by East_and_West; Oct 27, 2018 at 8:59 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
London to Madeira: Europe to Central/South Africa (Y: 40K, C: 55K OW)
Cape Town to Madeira: Central/South Africa to Central/South Africa (Y: 12.5K, C: 21K OW)

*Fine print: Each one-way trip must be direct or include a single layover not exceeding 24hrs, with both legs being on the same travel class (the latter restriction is a relatively new beast...). Otherwise they count as separate redemptions, and miles count then goes additively.
So....if I used Maputo instead as there is a non-stop flight on TP, would it really only be 21k miles for a one-way C class award for MPM-LIS-FNC?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:06 am

So....if I used Maputo instead as there is a non-stop flight on TP, would it really only be 21k miles for a one-way C class award for MPM-LIS-FNC?
MPM-LIS-FNC is 55k in C, just checked.
FNC should be in Europe & North Africa based on what I see.
FRA-LIS-FNC is 25k in C which is consistent with this assumption.
Similarly, JNB-XXX-FNC is 55k as it should be for Central & South Africa to Europe & North Africa.
Seems like the table is wrong.

Last edited by Chiller3333; Oct 27, 2018 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:11 am

MPM-LIS-FNC is 55k in C, just checked.
Thank you - is there somewhere specific I can see mileage requirements?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G

Log into your M&B account, click on "Redeem miles", and choose your desired route.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:22 am

You see them when you're trying to redeem miles.
Unfortunately, you only get to the actual flight selection page once you have accumulated enough miles to (theoretically) book the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.