Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:22 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@KLouis, youre right but even if Cyprus would be in Schengen and the flight will continue to DXB it will leave from A zone due to pax travelling to non-Schengen country. They do no disembark at LCY to clear the passport control.
@Knobbgb, I didnt go thru main passport control and baggage claim hall. just before it you have a smaller passport control desk and security check for transfer to A gates. Usually there is no queue at all.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
@KLouis, youre right but even if Cyprus would be in Schengen and the flight will continue to DXB it will leave from A zone due to pax travelling to non-Schengen country. They do no disembark at LCY to clear the passport control...{snip}...
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas! Let's use examples that are real and unless I'm terribly wrong, I am not aware of a flight out of ATH that first stops at a Schengen country and then continues to a non-member state. People coming from Schengen countries have a right to move within the "area" without passport controls, therefore in the foreseeable future such a situation will not exist.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas! Let's use examples that are real and unless I'm terribly wrong, I am not aware of a flight out of ATH that first stops at a Schengen country and then continues to a non-member state. People coming from Schengen countries have a right to move within the "area" without passport controls, therefore in the foreseeable future such a situation will not exist.
There are several such flights within Europe. Ethiopian has a bunch of them. ADD-ARN-OSL is one such flight, and this flight always leaves and arrives from gates that are outside of Schengen. Which basically means that if you want to fly OSL-ARN on that flight, you will have to go through passport control at both airports. The same would apply if e.g. Cyprus would join Schengen. The ATH-LCA-DXB flight would still have to leave from a DXB gate.
GBobon likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G
From Athens the ATH-MUC-PEK with Air China was a good example (does that even still operate?). I would imagine it would be easy for a less well-informed pax. to book ATH-MUC and turn up with just an ID card. What happens with such a booking - is there extra information given to explain the situation beforehand?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:35 pm

Apologies, I stand corrected: I had forgotten about the ATH-MUC-PEK flight! As for the ADD-Scandinavia one, well, I simply didn't know about it, although the opposite direction would have logistical problems with immigration, etc. given that both Norway and Sweden are Schengen countries.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:51 am

@KLouis, youre right but even if Cyprus would be in Schengen and the flight will continue to DXB it will leave from A zone due to pax travelling to non-Schengen country. They do no disembark at LCY to clear the passport control.
@Knobbgb, I didnt go thru main passport control and baggage claim hall. just before it you have a smaller passport control desk and security check for transfer to A gates. Usually there is no queue at all.
So schengen visa is not needed for the smaller passport control right? Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:04 am

Apologies, I stand corrected: I had forgotten about the ATH-MUC-PEK flight! As for the ADD-Scandinavia one, well, I simply didn't know about it, although the opposite direction would have logistical problems with immigration, etc. given that both Norway and Sweden are Schengen countries.
The ET ARN route previously operated ADD-VIE-ARN, and even before that it was ADD-FCO-ARN, and it always departed and arrived at ex-Schengen gates. ET has several other routes that have similar routings, and also such flights as the LA FRA-MAD flight follows the same pattern.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:37 am

@RedChili, I can confirm LA flight too, I flew it from MAD to FRA anf had to pass the passport control in MAD because is leaving from non-Schengen gates.
@Bryant.Jr, I cannot tell you 100% sure because I have European passport (when I passed thru that passport control I even used my ID card), but most likely you will not need Schengen visa hence is still in the transfer zone of the airport. you better ask ATH airport on Twitter or facebook, they are quite responsive.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
What @KLouis mentioned though is whether such a flight exists that involves ATH.

Otherwise there are many flights within Europe that connect Schengen/Non-Schengen, no need to look far, flights that operate to/from UK and ROI are good examples. As I am based in DUB I always need to get through passport control for my intra-European connections. It depends to the airport whether I have to get through security again or not.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:26 pm

Good day everyone! Have a question about booking fares, googled a lot before asking but failed to find myself. I need to make a return trip of 4 segments to qualify for Aegean Gold. I am looking for cheapest available option since I only need to take this trip for qualifying purposes. I still have 2 unused upgrade vouchers and I wanted to book economy saver (GoLight) and use these vouchers to upgrade 2 longest segments (availability found). But to do so, i need to avoid U, T and P fare classes. But I can't see letters anywhere - just GoLight, Flex and Business. For obvious reason I need to know what fare class I am paying for before I do. How to do this? Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
Good day everyone! Have a question about booking fares, googled a lot before asking but failed to find myself. I need to make a return trip of 4 segments to qualify for Aegean Gold. I am looking for cheapest available option since I only need to take this trip for qualifying purposes. I still have 2 unused upgrade vouchers and I wanted to book economy saver (GoLight) and use these vouchers to upgrade 2 longest segments (availability found). But to do so, i need to avoid U, T and P fare classes. But I can't see letters anywhere - just GoLight, Flex and Business. For obvious reason I need to know what fare class I am paying for before I do. How to do this? Thank you in advance.
You'll be able to see the booking class by clicking (on the right side of the screen, where the flights you've selected are shown) on the "extenser" button (it looks like a V) situated next to the title FLIGHTS.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:57 am

Oh, that works. All fares are U, T or P
Thank you very much
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:46 am

you can master it on ITA and book it thru an OTA, just add manually to booking classes from Y, except UTP, worked well for me
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:29 pm

you can master it on ITA and book it thru an OTA, just add manually to booking classes from Y, except UTP, worked well for me
I am stupid to not have thought about this myself.. Thank you very much, it works!
GBobon likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:50 am

just pay attention when choosing the OTA, some of them will not display the booking class, so I will avoid them just not to get booked on a different booking class...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.