Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:35 pm

Hello,

Regarding Miles+Bonus earning, do you know if

- "Operated by Lufthansa City Line" will count as operated by Lufthansa?
- "Operated by Swiss Global" will count as operated by Swiss?

As per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_A...and_affiliates I understand that they are affiliate members.

Thanks

Last edited by LacMajeur; Jan 14, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
H
- "Operated by Lufthansa City Line" will count as operated by Lufthansa?

As per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_A...and_affiliates I understand that they are affiliate members, so the answer would be yes.
On the other hand, the answer would be no for Edelweiss, right?
"Operated by Lufthansa City Line" will count as operated by Lufthansa?
Yes with a LH flight number
Yes with a LX flight number

Edelweiss
No, unless under a wet-lease arrangement (LX operated with LX flight number but Edelweiss aircraft).
LacMajeur likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by ennsy
Do you know if the 500 points for logging into the app promo is still going?
Unfortunately, no.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Unfortunately, no.
Thanks for responding.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:07 am

Unhappy Aegean Status Miles on Air Canada Rouge YYZ-PUJ ?

I was gonna requalify for Aegean Gold. Now I have doubts, will Air Canada Rouge flights earn me Aegean status miles? Thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by SANFT
I was gonna requalify for Aegean Gold. Now I have doubts, will Air Canada Rouge flights earn me Aegean status miles? Thank you!
Yes, have a look at https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...es/#AIR CANADA
"The above booking classes are eligible for accrual on Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge flights."
SANFT likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:10 pm

Hello A3 experts,

Flying YYZ-SFO-SIN-LAX-YVR on UA P class. We are 5 in a family making this trip. I am looking to collect the miles of family members with Aegean family account. I have created all the 5 accounts. looks like i have to first become a silver member to get the ability to combine accounts.

Using Where to Credit | Calculator i see that we get 23876 miles PP. I see that we need 24k to get to silver. MAA-SIN segment may get us over the 24k limit. Once one of us get past 24k can we combine all the 5 accounts and will the primary account holder get to Gold?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:19 pm

I'm afraid combination works for Award miles, but not for Tier miles.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:15 pm

Thank you LacMajeur. So we would be able to pool the award miles to book tickets but we won't get *A Gold status. The other mileage plan i am looking at is E
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:06 am

Thank you!!!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Do we still get physical cards? I haven't received my 2018 one -- requalified early November for status year beginning Nov 20 something.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:45 pm

Yes, and they do it relatively fast nowadays, it should have been there already. I'd call them and report it in order to get a new one. Mind you, in the last 3-4 years they've only asked for it once, and this was 18 months ago at the SAS lounge in CDG.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:10 am

Hello,

Will an SAS flight (code starting with SK) operated by Air Nostrum give Aegean miles?

Thank you !
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:30 am

Yes..
LacMajeur likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:59 am

Thanks
I've found the explanation: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...tions-in-1q18/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.