Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
.Does anyone know how long TK flights take to post?

Just completed DXB-IST-ATH-IST-DXB
IST - ATH on A3 and that has posted. I now need 1700 miles by Thursday so should be fine...
DXB-IST was in s - 70% and ATH-DXB was in business (K) so I hope i have enough!!!

Should i do a missing miles claim? So thery know I have completed these flights?
Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by FlyingDobber
.Does anyone know how long TK flights take to post?

Just completed DXB-IST-ATH-IST-DXB
IST - ATH on A3 and that has posted. I now need 1700 miles by Thursday so should be fine...
DXB-IST was in s - 70% and ATH-DXB was in business (K) so I hope i have enough!!!

Should i do a missing miles claim? So thery know I have completed these flights?
Thanks
If you mean that Thursday is your renewal date then it really shouldn't matter when the miles post. They will be backdated to the dates of the flights. Even if they don't post in time, and you lose your status, it will be corrected (but maybe with a phone call to A3) once the flights have posted to your account. I don't think you can make a retro-clam until at least 14 days after the flights anyway. I wouldn't worry too much.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:13 am

I have a question about tier miles. A friend is silver from 29 Dec 2016 and in his A3 account it says that he needs 15k miles to Gold until 29 Dec - he has silver until Dec 2018. On Dec 22 he has a flight bringing him 10k miles and on Jan 1 another one giving 15k. After Dec 29 does the counter reset, i.e. will he need 24k incl. 4 A3 flights for Gold or do the miles roll-over that he collected within 12 months of a specific date?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:02 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
The counter resets after 29 December.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Revenue tickets only unfortunately. Hope that helps and that you're able to make gold despite it.
Hi

- Should the Aegean/Olympic segments be of a specific fare class? Or any "revenue" fare will do?

- Can we gain Tier miles from flights sold by LX but operated by AF ?

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Hi

- Should the Aegean/Olympic segments be of a specific fare class? Or any "revenue" fare will do?

- Can we gain Tier miles from flights sold by LX but operated by AF ?

Thanks for your help
Hi! Welcome to FT!

Here are your answers:

1. Any revenue class is fine for the A3/OA segments
2. As far as I am aware, no. Star Alliance works on the operating carrier regardless of the ticketed flight number so you wouldn't earn anything (award miles or tier miles) with A3, as AF are not in Star. Sorry for the bad news there but hope the answers help anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The counter resets after 29 December.
Thanks. Are you sure it is like this? So the status miles are not valid for 12 months but based on the qualification period?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by nikolask
Thanks. Are you sure it is like this? So the status miles are not valid for 12 months but based on the qualification period?
I disagree with fransknorge. I remember that status/tier miles were taken off my account 12 months after "flying them".
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
I disagree with fransknorge. I remember that status/tier miles were taken off my account 12 months after "flying them".
I agree with KLouis. The Gold qualification from Silver should be on a rolling 12-month basis. After 29th December this year, the flight taken on 29th Dec LAST year will be deducted from the running total and the new date for qualification should move forward to a date 12 months after the NEXT oldest flight your friend took AFTER 29th Dec last year. I pretty certain that's how it works but it's been a while since I qualified. So - your friend should qualify for Gold on 1st January so long as the miles that cease to count (from 29th December 2016) are not more than about 10,000 miles. Does that make sense?

(And just to make it more complicated - sorry - I'm assuming that the 29th December 2016 flight was the one with which your friend originally qualified for Silver. If so, the miles they will 'lose' when that flight expires will only be the leftover ones - the difference between what they required to qualify for silver and the actual miles eared, which will have rolled over into Gold qualification).

NOTE that unlike Silver qualification, the RE-qualification for Gold does NOT work on a rolling basis so, if you friend ends up going way over the 24,000 requirement with their 15,000 mile flight on 1st January, then the extra tier miles will be lost; they'll start their re-qualification period from zero regardless.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:23 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:39 am

Thanks again.

That makes sense to me and this is also how I remember it worked for my Gold qualfication in the past. It has been a while and just wanted to make sure the rules haven't changed.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi! Welcome to FT!

Here are your answers:

1. Any revenue class is fine for the A3/OA segments
2. As far as I am aware, no. Star Alliance works on the operating carrier regardless of the ticketed flight number so you wouldn't earn anything (award miles or tier miles) with A3, as AF are not in Star. Sorry for the bad news there but hope the answers help anyway.
Thanks, I feel very welcome

OK, so I'll avoid flights operated by another carrier. It triggers another question.

WhereToCredit says that Y on LX will earn 750 miles / 150%. Does it mean 750, or 750 x 1,5 = 1125 ?
It also says that GVA-PAR-LX-Y earns 1250 on Miles and More but 750 on Miles and Bonus.

So what means 150% ?

Many thanks
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:52 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Thanks for correcting me. I read it as being a re-qualification, not a qualification, hence my mistake. Apologies.

@LacMajeur: It means that if your flight is booked in the Y fare bucket on LX and credit to Miles&Bonus, you will earn 150% of the distance flown with a minimum of 750 miles. For GVA-CDG, the great circle map distance is 250 miles roughly, so 150% of this is 325 miles which is under the minimum of 750, hence you will be credited 750 miles to Miles and Bonus

Last edited by fransknorge; Nov 20, 2017 at 2:57 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:37 am

Interesting. M&M looks more generous than M&B but there is a trap. I know by experience that GVA-PAR-LX-Y earns 1250 award miles on Miles and More but does not count a Tier segment, because it is operated by AF.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Qualifying *G half-way through

A family member is flying SQ US-SIN-India-SIN-US. He will qualify for A3 *G by the time he hits SIN on the return from India to the US. While at SIN, will his *G status be reflected in the system that he can use the lounges at SIN with his SQ PEY BP?

He will be 550 miles short of A3*G when he finishes his US-SIN-India leg, fwiw.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by legionnaire
A family member is flying SQ US-SIN-India-SIN-US. He will qualify for A3 *G by the time he hits SIN on the return from India to the US. While at SIN, will his *G status be reflected in the system that he can use the lounges at SIN with his SQ PEY BP?
No, it will take a few days for the miles to credit on the A3 account and only then will the *G status be distributed into the StarNet system for other airlines to see.
legionnaire likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.