Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 11:14 pm

Also, no show may lead to a cancelation of your ticket. Moreover, even if this is not the case, there is no guarantee that there will be seats available for the next flight. I brief, go to bed early and look forward to a nice vacation...
Old May 29, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Thanks for the fast responses - the later flex I go do!
Old May 30, 2017, 3:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I am wondering if anybody has any actual experience regarding changing flexible flights. The fare rules do explain the procedure somewhat, but I'm not sure if the rules are implemented in the same way on the website. And/or that I am missing (or misreading) the rules as they are quite complicated.

Currently there is a 40% sale going on for early 2018. If I would book P class at the discounted prices in Flex, what happens if (at a later date when these sales have ended) I do:

- Change the flight to another day with P class available
...Would the change be free, or would I be asked to pay the difference between the 'Sale' P-fare and 'Normal' P-fare?

- Change the flight to another day with U class available
...Would I pay the fare difference between the U and the current P-fare price at that time, or, the discounted fare/price that I paid for P initially? In other words: Normally the fare difference is about 10 euro to go from P to U, would that be the price to pay - or would I also have to cover the gap between 'sale price' for P and 'Normal price' for P?

I'm tempted to book flights now as they are actually quite alot discounted - 90 euro r/t from AMS/DUS-ATH. But my dates are not 100% firm yet, so I'm wondering if I can change them for free later on outside of the sale period. That would also allow me to move/choose days that have upgrade space available - as new coupons are released in November.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:50 am

Based on the few times (<10) that I changed flights, I guess that yo'll be asked tp pay the "real" difference between what you paid and the new price. No guarantee, though, I've never read the rules, this is what I found out when asking at the CI counters in ATH.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You should always assume that "flexible" and "free changes" just means that the change fee is waived.

It won't prevent you from being expected to pay a fare difference.

In most cases, the fares that apply on the date of the change are the rates against which the fare difference is calculated if you make the change before travel starts; if travel has already started (i.e. you are changing the return flight(s) after already using the outbound flight(s)), usually the prices that were in force on the day of purchase are those used when determining the fare difference.

You should always therefore count on having to pay a fare difference. The cheaper your ticket was to begin with, and the closer to the departure date you request the change, the larger this amount is likely to be.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks both. I was under the impression that, when changing to a flight with availability in the same fare class/code, commonly only the change fee was due (none with flex fare). It seems this is not the case then.

Still may be worth booking some flights as they are about 15% lower than the lowest sales I have seen so far on this route. Perhaps I can estimate some travel dates from now on already..
Old May 30, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Still may be worth booking some flights as they are about 15% lower than the lowest sales I have seen so far on this route. Perhaps I can estimate some travel dates from now on already..
Is there a downside for you? If you are certain about the flights, but not the actual dates you're just more likely to get a cheaper price. If you change later on, you just pay the price difference. So no downside for you, right? Unless, of course, you would have to cancel the flight (other airports, less flights) because of the cancelation fee.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by BTA
Is it Olympic ticketed/flight number? That's my situation and means no UA mileage credit.
Yes, it is. That must be the issue, thanks for clearing that up.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Can someone advise me on the minium connecting time in ATH?

I'm looking at two A3 flights, TLV-ATH scheduled to arrive at 7:50 and ATH-CPH scheduled to depart at 8:30.

It can't be booked through A3 website, so this might be self-explanatory, but still wanted to double check: Is 40 minutes to connect not enough to if I travel with hand luggage only? I know it's tight and I come from outside of schengen, but is it not possible to do?

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:34 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Can someone advise me on the minium connecting time in ATH?

I'm looking at two A3 flights, TLV-ATH scheduled to arrive at 7:50 and ATH-CPH scheduled to depart at 8:30.

It can't be booked through A3 website, so this might be self-explanatory, but still wanted to double check: Is 40 minutes to connect not enough to if I travel with hand luggage only? I know it's tight and I come from outside of schengen, but is it not possible to do?

Thanks
Don't ignore that even when the plane reaches the gate, you still need a jetbridge, the ability to get off the plane very quickly (if you're not in J add a few more minutes), and get to your next gate before it closes, so in reality you only really have about 20 minutes, even if on time, so 40 minutes on separate tickets is definitely not enough. You could run everywhere, hope for no queues at immigration and security, and just about make it before they closed the gate, but it's far, far more likely the second flight will be toast - I'd say a 90%+ possibility. This is not an itinerary I would ever consider.

If everything works well you'd need an hour, on separate tickets I'd be allowing at least two, probably more given the financial consequences of having to pay for a last minute CPH flight - you're not dealing with a low cost trip domestic trip with many flights per day so the risk is exponentially higher.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Is 40 minutes to connect not enough to if I travel with hand luggage only? I know it's tight and I come from outside of schengen, but is it not possible to do?
Once every 200 or 300 days it's possible; otherwise - no, no, No, NO, NO!!!!

If you like living dangerously and are happy to buy a brand new ticket on the day at ATH airport to get you to CPH, then sure, go for it!!!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
the question would be, if the OTA sells it as one ticket TLV-CPH (with a 40min stop in ATH), or not... If yes, then I would risk it, the worst case scenario would be that you miss the connection and you would receive EU261 compensation money + free rebooking and hotel (if needed)..
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:08 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by matio_svk
the question would be, if the OTA sells it as one ticket TLV-CPH (with a 40min stop in ATH), or not... If yes, then I would risk it, the worst case scenario would be that you miss the connection and you would receive EU261 compensation money + free rebooking and hotel (if needed)..
An OTA would not be able to sell this as a single ticket - 40 minutes is considerably less than A3's MCT. Joining two tickets under a separate PNR is possible, but it does not give any protection and A3 would not be liable to put the OP on a new flight or pay any EC261 compensation/reimbursement under any clause.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Thank you for the quick advice, I'll find flights with more time in between.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Okay friends. So here is my deal. I'm crediting my miles to A3 through some family/affiliate flights should make *G shortly. So here is my noob question. I should have a lot of A3 miles soon. Can I transfer then to anyone? SPG? Or do I need to redeem them with A3? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.