Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
We are thinking to visit Japan this year for holidays. Since A3 miles seem to get you far within Asia, we were considering to maybe add an extra flight from TYO to another country - eg BKK, CGK or DPS - using A3 miles. Since we dont often come to this part of the world it would be a pity to just see one place.

So far I have only redeemed A3 miles for actual Aegean flights so I don't have any experiences with this yet. I checked the United website and the ANA flights seem to have ample availability in class 'I'. Does that mean I have high chances to be able to book this through Aegean as well? 21K miles for an 8hr flight in business would be a steal!

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 23, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:20 pm

Will A3 do baggage interline with SQ? will fly from ATH-(IST-SIN-BKK). SQ in brackets.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
We are thinking to visit Japan this year for holidays. Since A3 miles seem to get you far within Asia, we were considering to maybe add an extra flight from TYO to another country - eg BKK, CGK or DPS - using A3 miles. Since we dont often come to this part of the world it would be a pity to just see one place.

So far I have only redeemed A3 miles for actual Aegean flights so I don't have any experiences with this yet. I checked the United website and the ANA flights seem to have ample availability in class 'I'. Does that mean I have high chances to be able to book this through Aegean as well? 21K miles for an 8hr flight in business would be a steal!
I did BKK-NRT once in biz with TG, paid 39.37 euro with 21k A3 miles. It takes three call (each call a day) for me to book this ticket, the first two time they wanted me to travel on TG and ANA via Hanoi ? I did use United and ANA to find the availability at that time it shows no availability with TG but I called A3 for the third time, the operator said yes and booked me in TG with their A380 flat-bed Business class right away. What a fun experience with the A3 operator and on board haha
Attached Images  
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent
Will A3 do baggage interline with SQ? will fly from ATH-(IST-SIN-BKK). SQ in brackets.
Yes: *A...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Yes: *A...
Thank you for your confirmation !^
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent
Thank you for your confirmation !^
By the way, A3 will often check your bags for *A flights on a different ticket. In your case, all the way from ATH to BKK.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:27 am

By the way, A3 will often check your bags for *A flights on a different ticket. In your case, all the way from ATH to BKK.
Thanks, will not forget to put a lot of confetti to surprise them
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:17 pm

Yes, they are cool that way!

But: I strongly advise to check before boarding the first leg of the second ticket that your bags have actually been loaded. That can save you a lot of trouble.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:20 am

Question Upgrade award on TK

Hi all,

I'm looking at using my miles to hopefully upgrade from Economy to Business on Turkish.

I understand from the reward table that this is possible. However, it doesn't say if there are restrictions on the economy fare buckets that can be upgraded. I've checked the Ts&Cs, the scheme info on FT, googled for the general *A upgrade award rules but no luck.

Does anybody know if there are?

Thanks for your help.

Dan
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by unrealdan
Hi all,

I'm looking at using my miles to hopefully upgrade from Economy to Business on Turkish.

I understand from the reward table that this is possible. However, it doesn't say if there are restrictions on the economy fare buckets that can be upgraded. I've checked the Ts&Cs, the scheme info on FT, googled for the general *A upgrade award rules but no luck.

Does anybody know if there are?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

I'm afraid that unless you are booked on the full flex Y fares, you won't be able to upgrade. Even if you do, you will be getting a pretty bad value out of it and it would be cheaper to buy a C award ticket rather than an upgrade.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by nikolask
I'm afraid that unless you are booked on the full flex Y fares, you won't be able to upgrade. Even if you do, you will be getting a pretty bad value out of it and it would be cheaper to buy a C award ticket rather than an upgrade.
Yes, Y class is more expensive than just buying a business class ticket at current prices.

Oh well, it was a nice idea. One day I'll find a way to spend my Aegean miles!

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:48 am

If I buy a business class ticket on Orbitz and fly a A3 partner like LH /LX etc.and use A3 flyer number for flights will I get miles credited to A3

or purchases need to be made with an airline to receive credit
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:56 am

Yes, first question; no, second question.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:12 pm

Yes, first question; no, second question.
tks
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
i received 3000 miles as a gift from A3. do you know what it is for?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.