Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by scrappydog
i received 3000 miles as a gift from A3. do you know what it is for?
What does it show as in "My Transactions" on your account? I doubt it's a 'gift'. Did you enter one of the recent competitions.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
it says "Miles+Bonus Offers" and details mention "3000 award miles gift"
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:25 am

Call M+B perhaps?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:00 pm

Take it, run & be happy. There is nothing gained by calling​ them.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Take it, run & be happy. There is nothing gained by calling​ them.
Well, he took it and he was happy; but he didn't know why. So, how does he find out by running?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
perhaps you were affected by some A3 strike or ATH Strike? I know that LH gives extra MM miles as an apology for problems caused by LH Strikes
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by matio_svk
perhaps you were affected by some A3 strike or ATH Strike? I know that LH gives extra MM miles as an apology for problems caused by LH Strikes
I doubt it. I don't think A3 actually strike (well, they could I suppose, but I don't remember them ever doing so) and they're not going to give miles for something out of their control such as an ATC strike.

Maybe it was some free miles for taking out a credit card or something. There must have been some such offer you took part in and forgot about.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
all i remember is i bought 2000 award miles. maybe buy 5k for the price of 2k?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi All,

I know this is a real newbie question despite me being not such a newbie but I hope you'll indulge me (that's what this thread is for, right? ).

Here's the scenario: my other half used to be A3*G but didn't make the requalification requirements so has dropped to Blue. I'm considering an AI itinerary that would earn around 41,000 tier miles. Am I right in saying that she would then need to do 4 A3 flights plus 7000 tier miles to get Gold, as the first 24000 would have dropped off by her gaining Silver? However, if she did 2 A3 flights before the AI trip, she would then only need 4 A3 flights (or 7000 miles on any other carrier) to get Gold, as she would have only "used" 12000 of the AI tier miles for Silver.

Am I understanding it correctly or am I missing something? The whole "starting from scratch" thing is rather confusing to me, as I haven't lost Gold yet so am really unfamiliar with the way it all works. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
well, if she is starting from zero, i believe this would be the best option:
first fly any 2 a3 segs > then your 41k trip, that would make her *S + leave 29k towards *G, at that point you would just need another 4 A3 segs OR another 19K (from *S to *G you need 4 A3 segs AND 24k or 48k and no segs)
if you cannot start with two A3 segs, than your 41k trip > makes her *S + leaves 17k towards *G, at that point you need 4 A3 segs + 7K or 26K and no segs
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by matio_svk
well, if she is starting from zero, i believe this would be the best option:
first fly any 2 a3 segs > then your 41k trip, that would make her *S + leave 29k towards *G, at that point you would just need another 4 A3 segs OR another 19K (from *S to *G you need 4 A3 segs AND 24k or 48k and no segs)
if you cannot start with two A3 segs, than your 41k trip > makes her *S + leaves 17k towards *G, at that point you need 4 A3 segs + 7K or 26K and no segs
Ah yeah, my calculations were off with the non-A3 route having already got silver including the 2 segs but apart from that, I was spot on. Thanks so much for confirming! If the 41K trip should get confirmed, I think a quick weekend to ATH before that happened would be a very good idea.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
Hi everyone,

I want to fly an open jaw LHR-JNX /SKG-LHR (both via ATH). Booked as 1 ticket the prices are in the range of 700-800 euros for the dates I'm looking at.

However, on many OTA's(expedia etc) I can force this thing(all with A3/OA flights):

LHR-ATH redeye(arrives in ATH at 4am)
ATH-NJX early am flight leaves 06.25am
SKG-ATH-LHR(in 1 ticket)

all in a reasonable-ish price(about half the quote from A3 directly).
Now, my only problem is that the LHR-ATH and ATH-NJX are technically booked as a seperate ticket via the OTA so I'm not covered in case of IRROPS. On the other hand, I've booked all the flights in a particular sequence via an OTA.

Now my questions are:
1) In case of IRROPS where my LHR-ATH is late more than 2 hours, causing me to miss my next flight, is the OTA liable at all? Will they issue new tickets for me to arrive at NJX or not?
I guess this problem could be stated as:
If I book a XXX-YYY and a YYY-ZZZ ticket via an OTA(booked as 2 tickets in 2 days), and XXX-YYY is either cancelled or delayed because of IRROPS causing me to miss the YYY-ZZZ flight, will the OTA rebook me?
2) How lenient is A3 usually when booking segments in 2 seperate tickets? In case of IRROPS at LHR, will they rebook the ATH-JNX leg for the next available flight?)There are 3 flights daily to NJX for the dates I'm looking at)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
...1) In case of IRROPS where my LHR-ATH is late more than 2 hours, causing me to miss my next flight, is the OTA liable at all? Will they issue new tickets for me to arrive at NJX or not?
If I book a XXX-YYY and a YYY-ZZZ ticket via an OTA(booked as 2 tickets in 2 days), and XXX-YYY is either cancelled or delayed because of IRROPS causing me to miss the YYY-ZZZ flight, will the OTA rebook me?
The TA (especially the OTA for obvious reasons - you're just a number for him) will only rebook you after asking him to and, most importantly, after paying him (i.e. he'll buy you a new ticket). He has no obligation what so ever for your missing the second flight and, therefore, your having to correct your own mistake.
2) How lenient is A3 usually when booking segments in 2 seperate tickets? In case of IRROPS at LHR, will they rebook the ATH-JNX leg for the next available flight?)There are 3 flights daily to NJX for the dates I'm looking at)
Your only fool-proof chance is running back to the A3 ticket office at LHR when finding out that your flight will be that late and re-booking your next domestic one. Of course, this is relatively simple if you see that the incoming flight is late, but if the delay is triggered after borading has been initiated for any thinkable reason, you're screwed. You could then always try to remedy things after arrival at ATH but whether you'll find an A3 agent and his/her supervisor willing to do that nobody knows...
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
Hi everyone,

I want to fly an open jaw LHR-JNX /SKG-LHR (both via ATH). Booked as 1 ticket the prices are in the range of 700-800 euros for the dates I'm looking at.

However, on many OTA's(expedia etc) I can force this thing(all with A3/OA flights):

LHR-ATH redeye(arrives in ATH at 4am)
ATH-NJX early am flight leaves 06.25am
SKG-ATH-LHR(in 1 ticket)

all in a reasonable-ish price(about half the quote from A3 directly).
Now, my only problem is that the LHR-ATH and ATH-NJX are technically booked as a seperate ticket via the OTA so I'm not covered in case of IRROPS. On the other hand, I've booked all the flights in a particular sequence via an OTA.

Now my questions are:
1) In case of IRROPS where my LHR-ATH is late more than 2 hours, causing me to miss my next flight, is the OTA liable at all? Will they issue new tickets for me to arrive at NJX or not?
I think the reason the flights are so much more expensive when booked as one is that the domestic leg to JNX is available in Flex only so the system automatically bumps your LHR-ATH ticket into Flex from GoLight. Does that sound right or were you booking Flex anyway? I have the same problem when I fly from LHR-ATH-PAS so I always book the domestic leg as a separate booking - but my connection is usually more like 4hrs.

Personally I'd go ahead and book ATH-JNX as a standalone ticket. The overnight from London is almost always early anyway so 2.5hrs should be plenty time and, if it's late you can at least get to Naxos on the ferry by about noon, so not the end of the world, and change your domestic ticket to a later date before you leave LHR, or even refund it. Just don't book the return from SKG on the same ticket because that will then be cancelled if you do miss the JNX flight.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:45 pm

Location: Los Altos, CA -- UA 1P / Priority Club Platinum Ambassador / Hyatt GP Platinum / Avis Presidents Club
How to apply UA Mileage Plus to Olympic booking?

Hi, All,

My extended family will be taking a summer trip to Greece. Many of us have *G via United Mileage Plus, but in the Olympic booking interface I only saw an option to add a Miles & Bonus number. Couple of questions:
  1. How can I add our MP numbers?
  2. Will our Gold status qualify us for a free bag?
  3. We're flying from JTR -> ATH, then connecting on LH to SJC via FRA. Is there any way (or benefit) to have the LH and A3 reservations linked?

I tried calling the the 801 801 0101 24/7 reservations number and it rang for about a minute, then disconnected.

Thanks!

- Bill

Last edited by BillShepp; Mar 22, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.