Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue
It should be the original class.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by goa3sane
Hey guys,

Recently on my DEN->MUC flight I was upgraded to Premium Economy (E) class from my U class ticket.

Question to you is, will I get my miles for flying E or still from flying U? I checked on Amadeus and on that PNR it still says that the flight was U class.

Just wondering how it works in practice.

thanks!
As per booking class.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:01 am

Question about promotion to Silver with A3.
on Jun 16th I will fly WAW-ATH-LXS on A3 and Olympic.
this route will give me both: 2 required A3 segments AND at the same time I will reach 12k miles required for Silver.

I have read on A3 website that, as silver, I get vouchers for class upgrade and lounge in ATH.

I plan to return LXS-ATH-WAW 3 days later, Jun 20th.

2 questions:
1. Will I get vouchers in time to use them for my return journey, so I can upgrade ATH-WAW flight for me and my GF?
2. If I upgrade class - will I get entry to lounge w/o spending the lounge voucher?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by n3l15
...2 questions:
1. Will I get vouchers in time to use them for my return journey, so I can upgrade ATH-WAW flight for me and my GF?
2. If I upgrade class - will I get entry to lounge w/o spending the lounge voucher?
To 1: I doubt it, but I'm nor certain. Hope is the last one to die (Old Greek saying).

To 2: Simply No...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by KLouis

To 2: Simply No...
If you use the upgrade voucher you don't get lounge access based on flying in C?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Possibly yes

This monday i flew the 2 A3 segments, on tuesday they were credited, on wednesday morning (today) my status was upgraded to Silver, with coupons in my profile.
But still, eve with coupons available, it's possible there wont be any coupon upgrade availability
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by matio_svk
Possibly yes

This monday i flew the 2 A3 segments, on tuesday they were credited, on wednesday morning (today) my status was upgraded to Silver, with coupons in my profile.
But still, eve with coupons available, it's possible there wont be any coupon upgrade availability
many thanks everyone...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
If you use the upgrade voucher you don't get lounge access based on flying in C?
I'm surprised to hear this as well, can someone confirm?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by witlesspax
I'm surprised to hear this as well, can someone confirm?
This is not what I meant, I probably did not make myself clear: Of course you can access the lounge with an upgraded flight. No question about that!

But even if things were as smooth and fast as described by matio_svk, there is no way that the "OP" would have the necessary time to apply (2 hours before flight at the latest). I haven't checked the departure time at Limnos, nor the connection in ATH, though; if that is long enough, then an upgrade is theoretically "doable" and when you get it, you can obviously go to the lounge. There are always optimistic/pessimistic people and pragmatic ones...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Flying in business class, by using the upgrade coupon definitely does give lounge access.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Flying in business class, by using the upgrade coupon definitely does give lounge access.
Absolutely true - also from my own experience. Even the LH lounge at ATH will let you in on a (upgraded) business class ticket.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
This is not what I meant, I probably did not make myself clear: Of course you can access the lounge with an upgraded flight. No question about that!

But even if things were as smooth and fast as described by matio_svk, there is no way that the "OP" would have the necessary time to apply (2 hours before flight at the latest). I haven't checked the departure time at Limnos, nor the connection in ATH, though; if that is long enough, then an upgrade is theoretically "doable" and when you get it, you can obviously go to the lounge. There are always optimistic/pessimistic people and pragmatic ones...
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Thanks for the confirmations, that makes more sense!

Maybe a more interesting question, I wonder if getting an operational upgrade on A3 grants access to the lounge (assuming you get it early enough to make it possible). I believe I've heard elsewhere for other airlines that technically you don't, but I'm not sure.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by witlesspax
Thanks for the confirmations, that makes more sense!

Maybe a more interesting question, I wonder if getting an operational upgrade on A3 grants access to the lounge (assuming you get it early enough to make it possible). I believe I've heard elsewhere for other airlines that technically you don't, but I'm not sure.
If you have a business class BC you do get access!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: A3 *G
My experience of a couple of WAW flights (admittedly not a good sample size) is that there are very few in C class so a last minute upgrade (well, last 2hrs) MIGHT work. On both my flights there were the minimum 2 rows / 8 seats in C and there were either two or three pax in there, including me.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:29 am

2 questions:
Unlikely. It takes a few days for your miles to post and for some A3 staff to change your status.

Once you have the vouchers, you have to call in and ask that the be applied. And then you need availability in the right booking class. You probabky want to check in T-24 to get your desired seats, and I don't know if they would apply a voucher after you've checked in.

If you really want to upgrade and you have a good friend who has status with A3, maybe you can use one of their vouchers and then give them one of yours once you have it.

BTW: Are you sure it makes sense to upgrade the Olympic sector?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.