Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:59 am
Q_Q

Programs: SAS EBG, TK Gold, BA Silver
Hi, so from newbie to Gold status, one has to become silver first, which means in total, one has to fly Aegean or Olympic Air at least six times (2+4) and earn 36,000 (12,000+24,000) Tier Miles within 12 months, or collect a total of 105,000 (35,000 + 70,000) Tier Miles regardless of which airline.
Do I understand this correctly?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Q_Q
Hi, so from newbie to Gold status, one has to become silver first, which means in total, one has to fly Aegean or Olympic Air at least six times (2+4) and earn 36,000 (12,000+24,000) Tier Miles within 12 months, or collect a total of 105,000 (35,000 + 70,000) Tier Miles regardless of which airline.
Yes
Q_Q likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Q_Q
You have a 12-month rolling window to become Silver and from the day you become Silver, 12 months to become Gold
DALtoAAL and Q_Q like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Q_Q
If you're a newbie then you've been given 1000 tier miles upon registering, so it will be 35.000 (11.000 + 24.000) plus the 2+4 segments
Originally Posted by fereke
You have a 12-month rolling window to become Silver and from the day you become Silver, 12 months to become Gold
To become gold you still have a "12-month rolling window", not a fixed year. Most of the times this "translates" to 12 months after reaching silver, but if for example you're going to be retro-crediting miles, then the only rule that actually always stands is that "tier miles are valid for 12 months since they were flown". So you could have less than 12 months after reaching silver to make it to gold, but also, if you simply keep flying after reaching silver and not make it to gold until the first deadline, then your new deadline will be whenever your oldest flight has been, which credited tier miles (after reaching silver the first time), plus 365 days. And if that deadline is missed, then the next flight + 365 days etc. etc., it's will still keep "rolling".
fereke and Q_Q like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:41 am

Change flight after (bid) upgrade

Suppose my upgrade bid is confirmed, say three days before the flight, and I then want to change the flight. Is that even possible? If so, what happens to the upgrade? I assume the change fees will reflect the difference between my original Y fare and the current Y fare, but what about the amount of the bid?

Thanks a lot,

Shuly
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:00 am

shuly Change fees (if applicable) + fare difference for Y and of course you forfeit the amount you paid for the upgrade...
https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info.../faqs_upgrade/
10. I need to change a flight, for which I have successfully received an upgrade. Can I transfer my upgrade?
Upgrades cannot be transferred. If you choose to change your flight you will not be refunded or credited for your successful upgrade offer.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:59 pm

Are there any fees above the fare difference when upgrading for cash from Economy Flex to Business Basic?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho
shuly Change fees (if applicable) + fare difference for Y and of course you forfeit the amount you paid for the upgrade...
https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info.../faqs_upgrade/
Thank you Giorginho!
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:20 am

"Change fees (if applicable)" - this is the part I'm a bit scared of. I called Aegean who couldn't give me a clear answer until I have booked the economy ticket.

and I'm hoping to just pay the difference in fares without bidding for an upgrade.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by jumpin mouse
Are there any fees above the fare difference when upgrading for cash from Economy Flex to Business Basic?
Changes to business basic are not possible!
https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/fare-rules/
Chapter 4
Passengers with tickets issued on/after 15 September 2020 are able to change their ticket:
- Light to Light
- Flex to Flex or Business
- ComfortFlex to Saver, ComfortFlex or Business
- Saver to Saver, ComfortFlex or Business
- Business to Saver, ComfortFlex or Business
But to answer your question, no, if you try to re-book online, you will only be charged the fare difference to the first available, more expensive fare, than the amount you originally paid.
(did this myself some 3-4 months ago)
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:15 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Does checking in interfere with the upgrade waitlist? That is to say, if Im still on the waitlist within T-24, will checking in upset the process? The Gold line rep assured me no, but I fear A3s IT has a delicate temperament.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Does checking in interfere with the upgrade waitlist? That is to say, if Im still on the waitlist within T-24, will checking in upset the process? The Gold line rep assured me no, but I fear A3s IT has a delicate temperament.
​​​​(don't skip the quote in this post)
Old Apr 27, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
No, it doesn't seem to stop an upgrade. They nearly always go through just before check-in opens anyway, but I had one earlier in the year clear at the gate.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:40 am

Where's the tier upgrade progress dashboard? I've just finished my 2 flights with A3, so I just need to get enough tier miles to the 12,000 threshold to qualify for silver. The problem is, I don't see a tier upgrade process dashboard in the A3 account page, so I have to check the activity record flight by flight and calculate how many tier miles to go. I've seen screenshot of dashboard from other threads. Where can I find this dashboard?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 9:38 am

@ddean:
When logging in to miles & bonus via the website (or via the app) the first thing that appears is this
giorginho likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.