Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:00 pm

Tier miles for flights operated by air canada

Hi I am new to this so Im sorry for stupid question.

I ve just took a flight operated by Air Canada from LHR to SYD via YVR in Y cabin and I was expecting to receive 18 704 tier miles as I did calculation on owenrudge . net (please advice if there is better website to calculate my miles for the future). Now when I logged in into my account it says I only received 2363 miles for my flight from LHR to YVR and 3899 tier miles for my flight from YVR to SYD. So in total only 6262 tier miles.

Can anyone please explain why did I received so little miles?

Thanks you in advance and once again sorry for probably very stupid question.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Depends what Y class bucket your ticket was booked in Air Canada | Miles+Bonus (aegeanair.com)
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Aer Lingus airline...
I have seen AC & UA often codeshare with Aer Lingus and both AC & UA said one can earn SQM with Aeroplan or MileagePlus. If I purchase a ticket from AC, with a codeshare segment on Aer Lingus, AC website said it can earn Aeroplan miles, what about A3 M+B?

It's not really a big deal since it is a very short LHR-DUB segment...
Note that my experience is several years old. I did not earn miles for the Air Lingus segment on an AC ticket, but retroclaimed that LHR-DUB segment to get a few BA Avios points after my trip.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:08 pm

Forgive the dumb question, it has been a while since I have flown with Covid, but do "birthday gifts" and "M+B promos" count as activities for the 36-month inactivity period?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Miles & More Account Closed

Hi Everyone,

My Aegean Miles & More Account seems to have been closed. I have used it to credit to Star Alliance member flights, however have yet to fly A3. Is there specific criteria for maintaining the account? It seems strange it was suddenly closed without any warning email. Does anyone know why it was closed?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:33 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
How do you know it is closed ? Did you receive a message ?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: A3 *G
And are you sure you're not getting confused? It's Miles+Bones not Miles&More - that's Lufthansa group. Could you be looking in the wrong place? In any case, just call Aegean - they are quite good with customer service (mostly). I'm sure MANY people have accounts and never fly Aegean. That won't be the issue.
giorginho likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
A few interesting data points...
If you fly X->Y->Z ,and only Y->Z upgrade clears, your whole ticket is characterised as "business" somewhere in A3's system. That means you get full business baggage allowance, full speed wifi even on the X->Y segment.
So, if you want to apply the upgrade purely to get the excess baggage allowance, if any segment clears you're good to go.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I have a TATL flight on a partner that will get me from Silver to Gold, after which I assume my qualification year resets. I have a few A3 segments following my TATL flight, which should normally count as the 4 required ones for the requalification for the subsequent year. However, it is very likely that the TATL segment will post way later than the 4 Aegean segments that will follow the TATL flight. I assume though that, when the TATL posts, the subsequent A3 segments will count for the new qualification year, even thought they would have posted before the TATL requalifying flight, correct?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:37 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

No. It will be the date/time of posting that matters. You are not the only one asking those questions and the advice is always the same, having flights straddling over your requalification date is dangerous because if miles do not post on time + the fact it takes a few days for status to appear, you are "losing" the subsequent flights.
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hasn't anyone successfully appealed that? It would make sense that it is the flight date that should matter. Is it an IT problem?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
No. It will be the date/time of posting that matters.
Actually, according to the T&Cs https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/ it should be the date of the flight that matters, as long as the miles from that flight post automatically.

What I find really interesting is that according to the same paragraph, if you retro-credit miles from a flight, then the date of the retro-credit applies! This, if proven to be the case, actually opens up a window of opportunity to "manipulate" the upgrade date, say from silver to gold, to for example use up remaining coupons from the previous status or move the date to the future on order to better suit your needs and flight schedule etc.
But in any case should the order of automatic crediting of flights cause issues and the system doesn't sort out the flights automatically, then you should be able to get the lost segments and corresponding miles to count by referring to that rule.
GUWonder and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like an IT limitation, especially because of (b) above, as in they cannot manually adjust the date, that's why (b) exists.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
It looks like an IT limitation, especially because of (b) above, as in they cannot manually adjust the date, that's why (b) exists.
OK, well in case then (a) should work as expected and you will get those segments credited...... In theory .
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:26 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

In theory. But the rule remains : do not plan your requalifying flights straddling your renewal date.
giorginho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.