Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: A3 *G
I canceled a few award tickets last week but I have yet to see the taxes and miles refunded. I did receive the emails that the refunds have been submitted, but does it take this long to have the miles re-deposited? Do I need to call them again for an update?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:57 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Last time I cancelled an award the miles were back within a few hours. Taxes took several days.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Last time I cancelled an award the miles were back within a few hours. Taxes took several days.
I called them last night and the agent claimed that it would take 7 days for their accounting department to accept the refund request and then another 5-6 weeks to process the request and redeposit the miles. I was a little incredulous that it would take this long, so the kind agent put in an email requesting an expedited approval of the requests. Lo and behold, the miles were redeposited this morning but taxes I have yet to see refunded.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by klavkonz
I called them last night and the agent claimed that it would take 7 days for their accounting department to accept the refund request and then another 5-6 weeks to process the request and redeposit the miles. I was a little incredulous that it would take this long, so the kind agent put in an email requesting an expedited approval of the requests. Lo and behold, the miles were redeposited this morning but taxes I have yet to see refunded.
My experience is that it takes a very long time if you have an award with more than one carrier.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by klavkonz
... Lo and behold, the miles were redeposited this morning but taxes I have yet to see refunded.
This is pretty much exactly how it should have worked out regarding the miles from the beginning. They cancel the ticket on the spot, there's no reason not to refund the miles within the day. If they know what they're doing, they'll do it, so I wouldn't wait that long for miles to get refunded before calling again. Cash on the other hand does take longer (even much longer) to process.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:30 am

Short-checking luggage

Does anyone know Aegean's policy as regards short-checking luggage. On a connecting flight, can I have the luggage labeled to the connection point only?

Would be grateful for your experiences!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by sofarocker
Does anyone know Aegean's policy as regards short-checking luggage. On a connecting flight, can I have the luggage labeled to the connection point only?

Would be grateful for your experiences!
My experience is that, if it's a legal connection then they check the bags too - and they've always arrived for me. I've recently had a 40 and a 35 minute connection in ATH that went just fine (domestic-domestic) I'm assuming you are on a single, through ticket of course. It would be weird if they sell a connecting flight but won't check the bags for purely time reasons. Who even does that?!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:33 am

I think you got it wrong! The poster asks whether (s)he can have the luggage checked to the connection airport. My guess is that the poster wants to deliberatly miss the second leg for his/her own reasons. At any rate, if one can convince the CI agent at the first (origin) airport that there's a need to access the lugagge at the connection airport (e.g. a heavy "gift" or a bottle that can't be carried on board unchecked such as liquor) agents are more often than not willing to help, provided that the connection time allows such a thing.
sofarocker and giorginho like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
I cancelled my 3 award ticket and I received my miles quickly and I got email from A3 , asking to submit bank detail for refund. Do you think I can ask A3 , not to refund me cash but instead give me miles ( I need to book another trip and I am short by 7k miles . Do they gives miles as part of comp since my flight was messed up. Any other way to get miles other than buying ( little pickup in buying more miles , already hit this yer quote)
Any suggestions ?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
You can buy Marriott points and transfer to A3. No way A3 is going to give you mils instead of reimbursing the taxes/fees.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Evening all - could I ask those in the know if this would work in terms of getting to gold from scratch with A3

CDG-ATH-CDG - A3 comfort flex - 2612 miles
CDG-CPH-SFO-CPH-CDG - SK in SAS Plus A class 12,224 miles x 150% = 18,336 miles
CDG-ATH - A3 business - 3265 miles
ATH-SOF-ATH - A3 business - 5000 miles
ATH-CDG - A3 business - 3265 miles
CDG-ARN-HEL-ARN-CDG - SK SAS Plus A class 2,918 miles x 150% = 4,377

Total mileage = 36,855

I would start with 2 x A3 flight then with the SK return to SFO I would reach over the 12,000 mile mark to get me to Silver. However, what I am not sure about is whether the miles above 12,000 carry over towards gold? The first 2 flights CDG-ATH-CDG and the SK from CDG to SFO return would be 20,948, so do the extra 8,948 count towards gold?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
LiveForTravel likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Evening all - could I ask those in the know if this would work in terms of getting to gold from scratch with A3

CDG-ATH-CDG - A3 comfort flex - 2612 miles
CDG-CPH-SFO-CPH-CDG - SK in SAS Plus A class 12,224 miles x 150% = 18,336 miles
CDG-ATH - A3 business - 3265 miles
ATH-SOF-ATH - A3 business - 5000 miles
ATH-CDG - A3 business - 3265 miles
CDG-ARN-HEL-ARN-CDG - SK SAS Plus A class 2,918 miles x 150% = 4,377

Total mileage = 36,855

I would start with 2 x A3 flight then with the SK return to SFO I would reach over the 12,000 mile mark to get me to Silver. However, what I am not sure about is whether the miles above 12,000 carry over towards gold? The first 2 flights CDG-ATH-CDG and the SK from CDG to SFO return would be 20,948, so do the extra 8,948 count towards gold?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Not all 8948 will count towards gold. You need to figure out the 12000 cut off sector and you will 'lose' some or a lot of the miles. This is important as you do not wanna lose the miles from the long sector. Basically with A3 you can only start your path to Gold the moment you become Silver.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
Not all 8948 will count towards gold. You need to figure out the 12000 cut off sector and you will 'lose' some or a lot of the miles. This is important as you do not wanna lose the miles from the long sector. Basically with A3 you can only start your path to Gold the moment you become Silver.
Thank you!

so then I should ideally nest the 2 CDG-ATH flights. So I fly CDG-ATH first leg in business, then back to CDG in Comfort Flex. By doing that the 12,000 mile mark would be achieved after the CPH-SFO sector. So the return from SFO would then count fully towards gold if I understand correctly.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Thank you!

so then I should ideally nest the 2 CDG-ATH flights. So I fly CDG-ATH first leg in business, then back to CDG in Comfort Flex. By doing that the 12,000 mile mark would be achieved after the CPH-SFO sector. So the return from SFO would then count fully towards gold if I understand correctly.
It looks like SFO-CPH will make you Silver but also it's a waste of long sector because anything above 12000 that makes you Silver will not count towards Gold.

CDG-ATH-CDG - CDG-CPH-SFO should net at 11700 something according to gcmap.

In your case it's better to buy tier miles (500miles) right after the CPH-SFO so that you are Silver already before SFO-CPH flight so the sector fully counts towards Gold.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
It looks like SFO-CPH will make you Silver but also it's a waste of long sector because anything above 12000 that makes you Silver will not count towards Gold.

CDG-ATH-CDG - CDG-CPH-SFO should net at 11700 something according to gcmap.

In your case it's better to buy tier miles (500miles) right after the CPH-SFO so that you are Silver already before SFO-CPH flight so the sector fully counts towards Gold.
Thanks for the response - that is why I was looking at the ATH-CDG leg in business - as I thought that would offer me an extra 2,000 miles pushing me just over the 12,000 mark or I am wrong in that assumption?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.