Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 22, 15, 10:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Old May 27, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: BA
What is a star alliance gold entitled to on a light economy fare on A3
Also is there a lounge at JMK and are you entitled to a guest?
It Tap miles and Go Gold

I wasnt able to add it at booking,it kept saying the tap card details dont match but they do 100%
How can that be fixed ?
Thanks
Old May 27, 22, 10:40 am

Programs: SK*G, Marriott Gold
You get a free bag as *G. You can just add the number at check-in, when it's sure to work.
Earthman likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 10:36 am
kkl

How much baggage allowance is included in a X class award booking via SQ?

thanks
Old Jun 1, 22, 1:58 am

For today's flight in business class a baggage receipt was issued and sent to my email address. Is this a new feature or was I just missing out?
romans likes this.
Old Jun 1, 22, 3:23 am

Programs: does it matter?
Originally Posted by giorginho View Post
For today's flight in business class a baggage receipt was issued and sent to my email address. Is this a new feature or was I just missing out?
actually it is, it's mentioned as a new feature in iOS changelog for new 6.4.5 iOS update:

* To enhance the security of your account “2-factor Authentication” has been enabled.
* Your baggage receipt is now digital. Check your notifications after baggage drop off.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jun 1, 22, 11:31 am

So the log-in via app is working fine, but via browser the pop-up for the 2-step verification shows up (as previously communicated). Both my e-mail and phone number are correct (I was also asked by the app I think a few days ago to confirm that they were up to date), however as soon as I click on any option a small red field appears with a red exclamation mark and zero/nada information as to what failed or even if anything failed, anyway it doesn't proceed and there's neither a sms nor an e-mail sent. Tried with a couple of accounts until I now get the message "we can't log you in right now....etc." even before the 2nd step of id confirmation appears. Another success for their IT, they were supposedly working on this already weeks ago. Or am I the only one facing this issue (laptop browser, tried chrome and edge) ?
Edit June 2nd: today it seems to be working OK.

Last edited by giorginho; Jun 1, 22 at 11:51 pm
Old Jun 2, 22, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, SAA Gold, Virgin Gold, Expedia Gold, Accor Silver
Hi. I tried searching the forum and Googling but couldn't find the answer to this question. Apologies in advance if I'm being a bit dumb about that!

My year ends on 18th September 2022 as per my Aegean M&B gold card. I am flying on that day. Will my miles be accrued for the following year's renewal/attainment, or immediately "lost" in terms of tier escalation?

I suspect that I know the answer and I'm not going to like it! Assuming that they would be lost, has anybody had experience of their customer services making any one-off exceptions or showing any flexibility around this date and the date of accrual?
Old Jun 3, 22, 2:02 am

​​​​​​It's a relatively new feature, and it almost works. I checked 3 bags and received an electronic receipt for 2.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jun 3, 22, 3:12 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
So the log-in via app is working fine, but via browser the pop-up for the 2-step verification shows up (as previously communicated). Both my e-mail and phone number are correct (I was also asked by the app I think a few days ago to confirm that they were up to date), however as soon as I click on any option a small red field appears with a red exclamation mark and zero/nada information as to what failed or even if anything failed, anyway it doesn't proceed and there's neither a sms nor an e-mail sent. Tried with a couple of accounts until I now get the message "we can't log you in right now....etc." even before the 2nd step of id confirmation appears. Another success for their IT, they were supposedly working on this already weeks ago. Or am I the only one facing this issue (laptop browser, tried chrome and edge) ?
Edit June 2nd: today it seems to be working OK.
Same for me today. It worked on Wednesday on the website but today I have the message "we can't log in ...."
Old Jun 3, 22, 11:47 pm

Clearing the cookies and cache of my browser helped me overcome the authentication issues.
Old Jun 5, 22, 2:12 am

With the booking class vs. fare classes situation for Air Canada, I was wondering if anyone has recently flew international "P" booking class (Business Class (lowest)) and if it actually credited as 200% per the earning chart on the A3 website.

Business Class (lowest)
Fare basis code: PRCT17
ACFR BK: P
FARE FAMILY: EXECLOW
I'm trying to determine if it's best to credit the flight to A3 (200%, unsure?) or AC (150%).
Old Jun 5, 22, 3:33 am

Programs: does it matter?
Originally Posted by cygnusnix View Post
With the booking class vs. fare classes situation for Air Canada, I was wondering if anyone has recently flew international "P" booking class (Business Class (lowest)) and if it actually credited as 200% per the earning chart on the A3 website.

Business Class (lowest)
I'm trying to determine if it's best to credit the flight to A3 (200%, unsure?) or AC (150%).
I don't have experience but biz class earning should be safe.
Old Jun 6, 22, 4:40 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by romans View Post
I don't have experience but biz class earning should be safe.
Unless it's LH P
Old Jun 9, 22, 11:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by cygnusnix View Post

Business Class (lowest)
I just flew AC on SFO-YYZ-FRA on a P fare back in March and it was properly credited at 200% to A3.
unusualtravelblog and romans like this.
Old Jun 10, 22, 4:55 am

Flying Air Canada Business Class is honestly one of the easiest ways to earn *G. Earning 2x miles for P class while most airlines only give you 1x miles is pretty sweet. I am going to get 17,000 miles when I fly from Boston to Lima with AC, which will take me pretty close to gold.

Search this Thread