Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 22, 15, 10:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Old May 18, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
No. Booking classes do not match between carriers, so it is quite unpredictable what you may earn. Sucks.
Even if AC, UA, LH, LX, OS and SN are joint-venturing on transatlantic routes ? It should be mapping one-to-one ?
Old May 18, 22, 8:40 pm

Uh-oh!

I just caught a glimpse of a screenshot of what seems to be an e-mail/newsletter posted on a Greek website, according to which, Aegean will require as of June 1st a two-step verification (with an additional one-time-code sent either by SMS or e-mail) in order to access a Miles&Bonus account from anywhere (website, app...). Can't verify it myself for now, but if that's true, then on the one hand it will provide some additional level of security against hackers, but on the other hand it will make the lives of those managing multiple accounts (like those of other family members) extremely difficult .
​​​​​​

Last edited by giorginho; May 18, 22 at 8:45 pm
Old May 18, 22, 8:56 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Not as much if you are using the same email and phone number for everybody..... That could create an issue though. All in all, probably a negative change...
Old May 19, 22, 5:30 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Confirmed - I got an email yesterday

Originally Posted by giorginho View Post
I just caught a glimpse of a screenshot of what seems to be an e-mail/newsletter posted on a Greek website, according to which, Aegean will require as of June 1st a two-step verification (with an additional one-time-code sent either by SMS or e-mail) in order to access a Miles&Bonus account from anywhere (website, app...). Can't verify it myself for now, but if that's true, then on the one hand it will provide some additional level of security against hackers, but on the other hand it will make the lives of those managing multiple accounts (like those of other family members) extremely difficult .
​​​​​​
giorginho likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 5:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
'Boarding Group' - who's in 1?

Took my first ever A3 flights this week to keep my *G status, and managed to use upgrade coupons on all 4 segments

But I was confused to see 'boarding group 2' on my mobile BP - if an A3 Gold in business is group 2, who's in group 1?? [didn't make it to the gate in time to actually observe the full boarding process...]
Old May 19, 22, 5:41 am

Would appreciate some insight.
When does miles expire?
Old May 19, 22, 6:43 am

Agean Comfort Flex

I have a question. So if there are several flights leave from JTR-ATH one way direct on the same day, would it make sense to book the cheapest flight on that day in comfort flex and then just wait for the day of the flight to change to the most convenient time?
Old May 19, 22, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by sociableorg View Post
Thanks. I will look at the AC fare type now and also see what posts. Will report back. Indeed, I might have to buy some tier miles to top up to gold eligibility.
Looks like the Air Canada fare type is being used. So transatlantic leg on booking class H is ~3500 tier miles.
Old May 19, 22, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Stil View Post
Would appreciate some insight.
When does miles expire?
I'll answer my own question:
Award miles do not expire.
Old May 19, 22, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
Even if AC, UA, LH, LX, OS and SN are joint-venturing on transatlantic routes ? It should be mapping one-to-one ?
It does not. Which is why many of us try to avoid codeshares.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Took my first ever A3 flights this week to keep my *G status, and managed to use upgrade coupons on all 4 segments

But I was confused to see 'boarding group 2' on my mobile BP - if an A3 Gold in business is group 2, who's in group 1?? [didn't make it to the gate in time to actually observe the full boarding process...]
Families with young children. I don't know if they actually get 'Group 1' printed on boarding cards, but that's how the announcements go.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Not as much if you are using the same email and phone number for everybody..... That could create an issue though. All in all, probably a negative change...
Yeah, I got the same email - 4 times, as I manage accounts for girlfriend and kids. None of them have their own mobile phones either so it's going to get complicated. Two factor authentication is over-hyped anyway. It's more of a feel-good-factor to make things look superior to competitors. I actually have bank accounts that don't use it and I'm quite happy with the situation. A good, enforced policy for a strong password should be enough. Not necessary at all for a mileage program. I can buy and sell Crypto without 2FA, yet I'll have to use it to check what time my flight departs in 'my bookings'? And what happens to all those customers who don't have phones (there are more than you'd think) or, like my parents for example, can't use them very well. What about when your SIM doesn't work while abroad? What when you live in a rural area with no service (I have two friends in that situation)?

Hell, we ALL know what A3's reputation is like for IT stability. What are the chances that this will actually even work?

EDIT: What about logging in in-flight as I think you're required to do to get their new internet service working?
giorginho likes this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 21, 22 at 1:36 pm
Old May 21, 22, 1:21 pm

Agean flight cancellation policy

I have flight booked for August Skopje-Athens-XXX for August, scheduled to arrive around around 1800. I just noticed that SKP-ATH leg is cancelled, and only option given will have me at destination at 0200 - which is not possible due to work and kid obligations. The previous SKP-ATH flight is 5 days earlier...

What is A3 policy here? Can I ask to be moved to another point of origin?
Note that A3 haven't notified me yet...

Thanks
Old May 21, 22, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by 2035 View Post
Can I ask to be moved to another point of origin?
Note that A3 haven't notified me yet...
Yes. I have done that multiple times. Kindly ask for it and they should grant it. Giorginho pointed out that it is part of their T&Cs, so he'll know better than me.
Old May 21, 22, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
Families with young children. I don't know if they actually get 'Group 1' printed on boarding cards, but that's how the announcements go.
Group 1 is passengers needing assistance (eg with wheelchairs) and travellers with young children.
Stewie Mac likes this.

Search this Thread