Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Incorrect mileage credited from AC

Have just received the miles from a recent Air Canada flight in premium economy booked and clearly showing as N class on my AC issued ticket. I was expecting a 100% yield on this flight as stated on A3’s website. Unfortunately this sector seems to have credited in A class discount economy in my A3 account and only 50% miles have been credited. Anyone else had this issue and is there any recommended route to resolve? Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:04 am

I purchased PY "N" class on AC. My partner upgraded us to J using AC miles but I put my A3 FFN on BP. I have to request a manual missing mile claim and send in my boarding pass. I think the issue is that the boarding pass indicates J class and reservation is issued as PY. That's why the miles are not posted automatically. I was told it would take 10-15 business days for the miles to be posted.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:57 pm

Been a while since I flew ATH to JTR on Aegean, scheduled for the A320. We are traveling with a 3yo and a 6yo. I can't recall if you board from the terminal down a jetway or you board from a bus or what. I see that there is Family Priority Boarding listed on their website but it doesn't specify an age for "young children." All other flights on vacation I purchased Priority Boarding but I didn't see the option to do so on this flight/airline. Anyone have any info as to whether we will be able to board in the first few groups at worst or how it works? I literally just can't remember and last time it was just me and my wife on the ATH JTR flight anyways.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bazz16202
Have just received the miles from a recent Air Canada flight in premium economy booked and clearly showing as N class on my AC issued ticket. I was expecting a 100% yield on this flight as stated on A3’s website. Unfortunately this sector seems to have credited in A class discount economy in my A3 account and only 50% miles have been credited. Anyone else had this issue and is there any recommended route to resolve? Thank you in advance.
You should try M&B customer service, but in my experience, they are not very forthcoming in such cases.

Generally, Premium Economy is fraught with accrual issues, not just with AC. AC especially is very unreliable in accruals, in any booking class.

If someone else here has a better idea, I'll be happy to hear it!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:21 am

Is there any idea how much adding a luggae costs for a domestic flight? I remember a few years ago it was standard now it seems to vary?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by miadeals
Been a while since I flew ATH to JTR on Aegean, scheduled for the A320. We are traveling with a 3yo and a 6yo. I can't recall if you board from the terminal down a jetway or you board from a bus or what. I see that there is Family Priority Boarding listed on their website but it doesn't specify an age for "young children." All other flights on vacation I purchased Priority Boarding but I didn't see the option to do so on this flight/airline. Anyone have any info as to whether we will be able to board in the first few groups at worst or how it works? I literally just can't remember and last time it was just me and my wife on the ATH JTR flight anyways.
It all depends where the aircraft is parked - you could get either a remote stand or a jetway. I'd say remote stand is most likely as there are only seven (I think) jetway gates available between all the Intra-Schengen carriers and routes. Probably 4 out of 5 flights board by bus.

As for priority boarding - yes, they are pretty consistent about allowing families with kids to board first and it works best if you approach the gate before boarding starts. Even if you board by bus, there will probably be at least three buses so being on the first one should be good enough, although most people will probably push ahead of you when you get to the aircraft).
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Anubis13
Is there any idea how much adding a luggae costs for a domestic flight? I remember a few years ago it was standard now it seems to vary?
Well, if it varies, you'd have to tell us your route!

This page:

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...e/add-baggage/

says it is "10 to 30 Euro" for domestic flights. Additional luggage prices are stated pretty clearly on the booking page so just make a dummy booking to check.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Well, if it varies, you'd have to tell us your route!

This page:

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...e/add-baggage/

says it is "10 to 30 Euro" for domestic flights. Additional luggage prices are stated pretty clearly on the booking page so just make a dummy booking to check.
You are right dummy booking works, thank you
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LHR king
I purchased PY "N" class on AC. My partner upgraded us to J using AC miles but I put my A3 FFN on BP. I have to request a manual missing mile claim and send in my boarding pass. I think the issue is that the boarding pass indicates J class and reservation is issued as PY. That's why the miles are not posted automatically. I was told it would take 10-15 business days for the miles to be posted.
Many airline are a bit of a mess when it come to auto accruals. There was a whole thread about it on here a year or 2 ago. That should provide all the information you need.
giorginho likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
You should try M&B customer service, but in my experience, they are not very forthcoming in such cases.

Generally, Premium Economy is fraught with accrual issues, not just with AC. AC especially is very unreliable in accruals, in any booking class.

If someone else here has a better idea, I'll be happy to hear it!
Thank you for the advice. I called both airlines and got the unhelpful response you suggested there would be. Turns out AC treat all ‘premium economy lowest’ fares (sold as N and E) together as A class. In AC’s system that’s a PE fare but A3 have mapped it to discount economy. Disappointing and not going to be returning to AC again in a hurry as an A3 member.

On a separate note, this has left me 400 tier points shy of gold so I bought 500 tier points today. They seem to have posted immediately and my ‘how to upgrade my tier’ counter has changed with the same ‘until’ date (and now with a target of 30k points?!) but it’s still showing as silver. Does it take a while for the system to change over? We have another flight in a few days and are hoping for *G by then. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Bazz16202
... it’s still showing as silver. Does it take a while for the system to change over?
Yes, it does. In my case (last year) I believe it took around 5 calendar days to complete the transition to gold, but this could vary.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:28 pm

This is the same situation I'm facing now. It's shocking that A3 is not crediting the correct mileage based on fare basis on the ticket. No where on my ticket does it indicate "A" fare basis. This really discourages anyone from accruing miles on A3 when flying AC. Still waiting for my miles to be posted for a trip taken almost 3 weeks ago.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Hi all,
Long time A3 *G member here but I have a newbie question about redemptions.
I wanted to book BAH or KWI-IST-TAS through Turkish Airlines business class.
The redemption table says 30K miles in C (one-way) from Middle East to Near East and Central Asia.
However, I get charged 55K miles in C (one-way). This is in line with the amount of miles necessary from Europe to Central Asia.
Does it mean, because my transit is Turkey and is counted as Europe, I will be charged the amount for Europe-Central Asia?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:02 pm

I'm about 9000 miles short of an award that I'm planning to book in a month from now. As far as I can see, the cheapest way of getting those miles is to purchase them at a cost of EUR 225, but I'm really wondering if there's something that I've missed. Is there some other possibility of getting those miles cheaper? I'm based in Sweden and probably won't go abroad before I need those miles.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by RedChili
I'm about 9000 miles short of an award that I'm planning to book in a month from now. As far as I can see, the cheapest way of getting those miles is to purchase them at a cost of EUR 225, but I'm really wondering if there's something that I've missed. Is there some other possibility of getting those miles cheaper? I'm based in Sweden and probably won't go abroad before I need those miles.
Your only best bet is Marriott. If you have Marriott hotel points you can convert them to Aegean miles.
They allow transferring points to miles in a 3:1 ratio (+5000 bonus for each 60.000 points transferred).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.