Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:31 am

Are the U/G coupon be used for a travelling companion? Can the U/G be done only on a single PNR or can be in separate PNRs too?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:17 am

What happens if you don't manage to re-qualify for gold status? Do you lose all the status or get demoted to silver?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:25 am

silver
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Are the U/G coupon be used for a travelling companion? Can the U/G be done only on a single PNR or can be in separate PNRs too?
They can be used for literally anyone. You don't even need to be travelling yourself.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: A3*Gold JL*Diamond HH*Gold
Hi guys I can't seem to find the post anymore. Sorry, this is a noob question, light fare class tickets do count towards sectors when requalifying for status right? Thanks~!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:44 pm

Yes they do. Only charter flights on A3 don't.
palesky likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:59 pm

Renewal start when?

I have Gold status. The app ​says "Your tier has been retained up to 23/05/2023", but right above is the virtual gold card which says "24/05/2023".

What is the first day in 2022 I can take a flight counting towards requalification?

TNX

Last edited by sokolov; Apr 4, 2022 at 1:19 am
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: A3*G
Yeah that's something I'd like to know too. I guess one year before the end of that date we can start collecting miles towards next year's renewal.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:30 am

And what time and zone is relevant: Departure or Arrival? Local time, UTC, Athens time?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:11 am

Say a pax (non-status) wants to fly BEY-ATH-VIE in Economy with 2 pieces of checked luggage 20 kg each. How much does that cost in baggage fees in Light, Flex, Comfort?

I can't figure it out from the Aegean website before booking a ticket.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
I have Gold status. The app ​says "Your tier has been retained up to 23/05/2023", but right above is the virtual gold card which says "24/05/2023".

What is the first day in 2022 I can take a flight counting towards requalification?

TNX
Yeah that's always worried me but I've checked before and it means your status is still valid until end of 23rd and you can start earning from 24th. I believe local scheduled departure time is used, but somebody else would have to confirm that. In any case, I always leave a day's grace either side if I'm worried about qualification. It IS confusing.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Say a pax (non-status) wants to fly BEY-ATH-VIE in Economy with 2 pieces of checked luggage 20 kg each. How much does that cost in baggage fees in Light, Flex, Comfort?

I can't figure it out from the Aegean website before booking a ticket.
It looks pretty simple from making a dummy booking. 29 Euro per bag, so 58 Euro in Light or Flex, 29 Euro in ComfortFlex.
romans likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
It looks pretty simple from making a dummy booking. 29 Euro per bag, so 58 Euro in Light or Flex, 29 Euro in ComfortFlex.
Thank you. I wish it was easier to find.

That means, BEY-ATH-VIE is cheaper than NCE-ATH-LCA (€34). Interesting.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
I messed up on an A3 booking and misspelled my name by putting in an extra letter in the surname. The booking was made through an OTA.

I need the flight to requalify for gold which otherwise expires in two weeks. When adding the booking to my account, the system does seem to recognize my gold status (as it says I can bring 1 piece of luggage for free and I can preorder seats at a discount), but i am of course anxious that when flying it will not be added to my tally.

Would someone in here know if the name on the ticket needs to match my account name exactly or if there is room a misspelled letter?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by groovyfly
I messed up on an A3 booking and misspelled my name by putting in an extra letter in the surname. The booking was made through an OTA.

I need the flight to requalify for gold which otherwise expires in two weeks. When adding the booking to my account, the system does seem to recognize my gold status (as it says I can bring 1 piece of luggage for free and I can preorder seats at a discount), but i am of course anxious that when flying it will not be added to my tally.

Would someone in here know if the name on the ticket needs to match my account name exactly or if there is room a misspelled letter?
Why dont you call Aegean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.