Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old May 29, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Arrivals
That's exactly my question. Is the only difference the number of miles?

Well, I guess I will have to call them, before booking this award. I assume that cancellation conditions are the same. That would be of particular interest during these times.
There is no difference in the ticket, it will be exactly the same fare conditions.

Booking is at different prices because one is using the standard Aegean award chart, while the other is using the partners' (Star Alliance) award chart.
Arrivals and giorginho like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 4:27 pm

Haven't flown A3 in years. Have been doing some reading but wanted to confirm. Does A3 require any specific covid19 testing? I'm flying CAI-ATH and while I can just use the vaccination certificate to enter Greece, I'm also doing a PCR just to be safe. But wanted to confirm A3 itself doesn't require any specific testing as long as passenger meets entry requirements of destination. Thank you.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:02 am

Question

sorry if my question is somewhere already answered but this one is still not clear for me - Expiration date on card 09/09/2021 VS Your tier has been retained up to 08/09/2021

If I fly on 09/09 will be this flight counted on the new earning period or still old? from you experience maybe? thank you
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:39 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
In theory that should be on the old. In practice do not count on it to happen 100%, if you needs flight to count for a period make sure this is 48-72 hours before the expiration date. Doing it the same day is uncertain and if it posts on the wrong period you will have a lot of trouble trying to get it right.
romans likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
In theory that should be on the old. In practice do not count on it to happen 100%, if you needs flight to count for a period make sure this is 48-72 hours before the expiration date. Doing it the same day is uncertain and if it posts on the wrong period you will have a lot of trouble trying to get it right.
in this case I want it for the new period so the most certain case would be 10.9 in my case ofc.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Is it somehow possible to change my "anniversary" date of *G?
The reason for it, my anniversary is in April, but my DW has hers in October. Which means, that when we plan the *G requalification flights they have to be Oct-April so we both earn status miles.
I am not expecting that A3 will extend my status by an extra 6 months, so maybe shorten it?
Any Ideas? Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:53 am

matio_svk if the period April - October suits you better than October - April you can also fly during that time as well (just skip once all flights after "her" requalification and start right after yours. Or you can take half your flights after her requalification and the other half after yours (and before hers). Wouldn't this work?
Now if you absolutely need common anniversaries then the "solution" I've seen posted here before was always downgrade/upgrade. That's, according to I believe every gold member who's posted this here, the only way to change the anniversary (unless of course Aegean grants either of you a 6-month extension, which in your case would probably have already been 12 months, so perhaps she could get a shorter extension if Aegean does indeed keep granting them?).
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Well, I would prefer a full 12-month period of requalification for both of us, rather than the hassle of 6 months thats all.... And actually, I would even accept the opposite, not an extension but a shortening as well... For example her status is requalified already, so all flights she takes until october give no status miiles... so we would be quite happy if A3 pushes her anniversary back 6 months to April, effectively making it shorter and not granting anything special
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:21 am

If you want to just barely fly enough to renew status, I already made a suggestion about how you could do it during a "full 12 months" with your current anniversaries. If on the other hand you fly more than what the bare minimum requires for a renewal, then simply open another miles account elsewhere in Star Alliance and credit the remaining miles there...
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Hi, i have a question regarding aegean flights for the purpose of tier upgrading (lowering the required amount of miles).

If i will use flight, which is operated by Aegean, but sold as LH codeshare, is it considered as aegean flight?

thx
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:48 am

Zero experience in this matter but my logic says that if you bought the flight from LH and have a LH-issued ticket, Aegean will not lower the amount of miles even if it's their... plane you'll be flying on. Of course, I may be absolutely wrong; thus, you either have to wait till a FTer who's done it answers your question or, faster, you call them! And, by the way, welcome to FT!
romans likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:36 am

Good one. Contrary to KLouis, I would be tempted to think that based on how they credit miles (and flights), your account will show A3-8XX (assuming you fly ATH-Germany), so you might be in luck and they see it as an A3-operated flight. But again, only an assumption at this point.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
If it is a codeshare you will get miles according to the booking class the ticket maps into.
It'll show up as A3 8XX in your account, and thus should count as a segment towards status (if the flight gives non-zero miles).
Since A3's booking classes are very different from those used by the LH group, the mapping is not obvious.
As all A3 booking classes earn miles (with the usual exceptions), you should definitely get some

I think I've heard from people over at VFT doing this but I'm not 100% sure.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:24 pm

Folks, I thought the question was not about earning miles (always a question with codeshares) but about "cheaper" upgrading. Furthermore, I understand that the poster is most probably not flying on a LH flight code-shared by A3 (which would certainly be A3-8XXX) but on an A3 flight code-shared by LH and bought from them. The question is then, could somebody upgrade a LH flight using A3 miles (cheaper or not, it doesn't matter) just because it's code-shared by A3? If yes, I still think it's not going to work, but if, on the other hand, it is a question on getting M&B status miles, the other two answers are indeed in the correct direction, except for the word "definitely". Finally, a question to @chiller333, what (or where) on earth is VFT?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Oh, sorry. VFT is vielfliegertreff.de, the German equivalent to Flyertalk
I understand the question the following way. If I want to renew Gold and take 4 LH op by A3 flights, do I need to earn 24k or 12k miles to renew my status? (and the equivalent for upgrading).
Since these flights are operated by A3, when credited to M+B they will show up under their A3 flight numbers (as all codeshares in the *A do).
I don't think that M+B cares about the ticketing carrier when it comes to "counting A3/OA flights" for tier upgrades renewals.

Here's the exact reference:
https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/foru...8#post-3088735

Last edited by Chiller3333; Jun 17, 2021 at 7:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.