Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 12:47 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
it is not new... a friend of mine received the bday miles last year but i never received it in 3 years...
Old May 12, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by okkkorniienko
Very valuable information!
Old May 16, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: EI Gold Circle, A3 *G, AB Gold & 3rd place East Leinster High Jump (1996)
I spotted an EWR-DUB redemption in J with SK on 15th June, but in the time it took me to firm up plans, it's gone from the A3 site.

Even Y inventory appears to have disappeared.

If I wait 'til about 2 weeks out from my travel date, how likely is it that something might open up?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:19 pm

I'd say as big as a teeny weeny string bikini...
Old May 17, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek
I spotted an EWR-DUB redemption in J with SK on 15th June, but in the time it took me to firm up plans, it's gone from the A3 site.

Even Y inventory appears to have disappeared.

If I wait 'til about 2 weeks out from my travel date, how likely is it that something might open up?
Originally Posted by KLouis
I'd say as big as a teeny weeny string bikini...

Except perhaps LH F availability that seems to pop up often right at the 2 week Mark, but not something to rely on
ZorbaTheGeek likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:00 am

Is it still as easy as 4-5 years ago to attain Aegean status? Did they close the loophole?
Old May 21, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by nygiants242
Is it still as easy as 4-5 years ago to attain Aegean status? Did they close the loophole?
What 'loophole' exactly? The new program with the new qualification rules started in November 2014. It's still quite easy to attain A3 status, although 'easy' is a relative term depending on your situation. At that time, qualification requirements were raised but earning rates were also increased for many flights. Five minutes reading the A3 website explains it all very clearly.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:00 am

In a few words (less than 5 minutes worth ), you need 12,000 + 2 A3/OA flights [24,000 miles] to become silver and an additional 24,000 + 4 A3/OA flights [48,000 miles] to become gold. Miles in square brackets refer to the amount needed if no A3/OA flights are used. Miles and flights needed for each upgrade from blue to silver or from silver to gold must be collected/flown in a period of 12 months. No strings attached, no fine prints, no loopholes.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:03 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by nygiants242
you can checkout OZ as well, *G lifetime for 500k miles
Old May 22, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's not as easy to attain as it used to be, although it's relatively easy to keep once you've got it.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm up and down like a YoYo with status in A3. This year my Wife and Daughter are joining me on a trip and I will have status to open a family account. If I subsequently drop back to member status how does this effect the family account?
Old May 23, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I'm up and down like a YoYo with status in A3. This year my Wife and Daughter are joining me on a trip and I will have status to open a family account. If I subsequently drop back to member status how does this effect the family account?
I assume you mean you will move from Blue to Silver and thus be able to open a Together account. If you then drop back to Blue, the Together account will be closed but all the miles you (and the other Together members) already earned will then remain in your personal account for your own use.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Thank you. Is Paros still like it was 30 years ago? Many a good time in Parikia.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:13 pm

For search award availability do I still need have enough miles in my account to search?

for NA to Europe reward ticket can I route through Asia(TPE)?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2019, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Thank you. Is Paros still like it was 30 years ago? Many a good time in Parikia.
I wish! Still worth a visit though - avoid July/August. To try to keep semi-relevant, it can be a good destination for a segment run with up to 7 OA flights per day in summer and even 3 or 4 in May, June and September.
ExpatSomchai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.