Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Isn't it easier to just book Flex? Probably around the same price, but with the added benefit that you can change flights for free.

You can use the vouchers on the cheapest P-fare as long as it is booked as flex
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Isn't it easier to just book Flex? Probably around the same price, but with the added benefit that you can change flights for free.

You can use the vouchers on the cheapest P-fare as long as it is booked as flex
Hah, not that easy Flex fares on my dates were all... right, T and not available for upgrade, costing 50-80 euros more though. And on Matrix I managed to find an S fare costing only 22 euros more than lowest possible and did my upgrade within minutes Should never forget about matrix, my bad.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:02 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
yup. I just booked a ticket in S using ITA Matrix and Priceline, all good, even the upgrade cleared for 2 pax
OTP-ATH-XXX-ATH-OTP, upgraded only ATH-XXX-ATH for both, no issue and all legs are on 1 pnr/pax
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I don't think the upgrade availability is different between a T-Flex and an S-GoLight fare. How do you know the T-Flex was not available for upgrade before booking? The only factors should be the availability of I class and A3s willingness to either release them or hold them back for upgrade bids.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:22 am

@Knobbgb, I think there is an misunderstanding because he/she might read only ”booking classes U, P, T are not upgradable” but didnt read that is applicable only for GoLight, so U, P and T on flex are in fact upgradable.
in fare classes other than U, P & T on a GoLight fare basis
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: A3*G
Just a warning: SK has slashed the earnings on fares in the Eurobonus program by up to 95%. This will probably also be reflected in the SK earnings chart for A3 in the near future.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
Ow, I have booked a DUB-CPH-BRU late October just for the miles. I hope I won’t run into anything unfortunate...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:20 am

i have arn-cph-sfo-cph-arn in nov... :/
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:24 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Changes apply 1st December.
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:34 am

well.. my sfo-cph-arn flight is leaving SFO on 1st dec...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You might be lucky if A3 updates their award chart slightly late.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:46 am

yeap, otherwise I will be short of about 3k miles for re-qualification, but I will sort it out
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:03 am

There's nothing to say that SK will necessarily lower the rates offered to A3 at the same time. Yes, they might well do, but they might not. Or they might lower it immediately.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:15 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Hi there. I am silver at the moment and will have 4 A3 flights completed by mid December. By then I will also have re-qualified for Silver. My earning year goes until December 31 and January 1 for gold. .I would be Silver next year without any additional flights.

Question:
1. I have already booked 4 Agean segments for next year (2019.
Would I have any benefit to go up to Gold already this year before my qualification ends on December 31? (with all 4 segments already achieved and 4 booked in for next year)
Or is it more efficient to do the full gold next year when the new account year has started?

2. For how long would the status be valid?
3. Is it safe to book SAS Plus (200% eaerning) after they have announced changes to their own program?

Many thanks

Many thans
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Shl
Hi there. I am silver at the moment and will have 4 A3 flights completed by mid December. By then I will also have re-qualified for Silver. My earning year goes until December 31 and January 1 for gold. .I would be Silver next year without any additional flights.

Question:
1. I have already booked 4 Agean segments for next year (2019.
Would I have any benefit to go up to Gold already this year before my qualification ends on December 31? (with all 4 segments already achieved and 4 booked in for next year)
Or is it more efficient to do the full gold next year when the new account year has started?

2. For how long would the status be valid?
3. Is it safe to book SAS Plus (200% eaerning) after they have announced changes to their own program?

Many thanks

Many thans
1) If I understand correctly, it will just depend on how many more miles you will earn before year end. You already have the 4 segments required to go from Silver to Gold so you just need to earn a total of 24,000 miles before the end of the year if you can - and you already have at least 6000 of those as you have retained Silver. Otherwise you can just do 24,000 miles next year. Neither way is more 'efficient' - it just depends on your travel plans.
2) From the day yow become Gold for one year. So don't worry about your current renewal date - that will be reset and you will get a full year of Gold either way.
3) I am also wondering that as I have found some very cheap SAS-Plus flights in March which I'd like to use for my renewal. I guess we won't know until at least December. Personally I think A3 will cut that earning rate too - maybe to 100% but that's just a guess. The A3 earnings on SK flights are already much higher than the same flights credited to Eurobonus, even before the changes, so this might be an opportunity for them to be brought into line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.