Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by IBstudent
I have an issues booking award for multiple destination. It seem that for the multiple option there is only A3 destination and not link to worldwide airport, is this an IT error?? Is anyone having the same issue??
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Hi, it's been a while since I've been able to fly, and I've totally forgotten how to find things ><

I'm looking to do a long haul flight to grab at least 9k miles for my requalification. I'm based in Berlin, and thinking a flight to the US via Copenhagen might be enough (I seem to remember SAS were a favorite for mileage accrual). But I've completely forgotten how to find out how many Aegean miles I'd pick up on a specific flight with whatever airline, what do you guys use to find out?

thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:29 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
are you looking for this? https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonus/how-to-earn/
or maybe wheretocredit.com ?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
1) Is there any tips and tricks to persuade the online booking engine to accept a mixed-class, multi-sector booking (both sectors on the same day) without forcing me to book a 'business class' fare for the sector without business class, displaying a warning that there is no business class offered on the sector on the sector (but pushing the fares right up from Flex for that sector)?

2) Would A3/OA through-check a bag if I make two separate bookings due to the mixed class booking issue as described above?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:41 pm

I don't know about 1), sorry, but the answer to 2) is yes.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Yes... but...
Firstly I'm not sure what the no-show rules are. I suspect you'd have to re-book before the departure of the original flight, so you may need to do it en-route. Secondly, the re-booking would be subject to any fare difference which can be quite a lot. The four A3 business class fare buckets are A,Z,D and C. Looking at flights in September as an example, the prices for these are 225, 415, 515 and 669 Euro respectively. So, if you re-book at the last minute (and do it online) there would be no fee but you'd likely be paying at least an extra 300 to 450 Euro for the new fare class.
Thank you for your reply. I've figured out that this would be an A class fare. Do you happen to know if this fare is refundable (or the fee) if I just cancelled it at the last minute? It appears that if I had to change same day (to a different fare bucket), it would be cheaper to book a new ticket with another airline.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by ob7777777
Hi, it's been a while since I've been able to fly, and I've totally forgotten how to find things ><

I'm looking to do a long haul flight to grab at least 9k miles for my requalification. I'm based in Berlin, and thinking a flight to the US via Copenhagen might be enough (I seem to remember SAS were a favorite for mileage accrual). But I've completely forgotten how to find out how many Aegean miles I'd pick up on a specific flight with whatever airline, what do you guys use to find out?

thanks!
WhereToCredit add-on works well with Expedia.
SAS and Ethiopian are good picks for long-haul. Austrian is a good pick for short-haul (if you come visit from Berlin to Geneva in Z class, it will give you 8'000 miles for 350€).
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Do fellow A3 Gold holders have experience flying on some of LH's K-fares (ie. Y), making use of *A Gold benefits and then inserting an SK or LH-FFP number to earn the few miles provided.

Am due to fly TATL and would be silly to let the some 2K miles go to waste, if there's a method of avoiding it.

TIA
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
1) Is there any tips and tricks to persuade the online booking engine to accept a mixed-class, multi-sector booking (both sectors on the same day) without forcing me to book a 'business class' fare for the sector without business class, displaying a warning that there is no business class offered on the sector on the sector (but pushing the fares right up from Flex for that sector)?

2) Would A3/OA through-check a bag if I make two separate bookings due to the mixed class booking issue as described above?
Something like this?

Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Do fellow A3 Gold holders have experience flying on some of LH's K-fares (ie. Y), making use of *A Gold benefits and then inserting an SK or LH-FFP number to earn the few miles provided.

Am due to fly TATL and would be silly to let the some 2K miles go to waste, if there's a method of avoiding it.

TIA
With fares that earn nothing with M&B, there should be no problem having your details in the booking and then retro-claiming in another program. Personally I've retro-claimed LH K fares with NH, several months after the flight, having used A3 M&B Gold benefits at the time of flying. That was a couple of years ago, but there's no reason to think anything has changed. Claiming a fare that earns Zero with one program, doesn't seem to flag it as having been "used" already.
GBobon and groovyfly like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
With fares that earn nothing with M&B, there should be no problem having your details in the booking and then retro-claiming in another program. Personally I've retro-claimed LH K fares with NH, several months after the flight, having used A3 M&B Gold benefits at the time of flying. That was a couple of years ago, but there's no reason to think anything has changed. Claiming a fare that earns Zero with one program, doesn't seem to flag it as having been "used" already.
I did this in March this year (flying LH), so I can confirm it still works just fine.
groovyfly likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Something like this?

Thanks.

That's ITA Matrix isn't it though? It doesn't let me book anything online from memory (I could ask a TA to book it according to the results I get but not via Aegean website). Or is there a workaround?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: A3 *G
Thanks.

That's ITA Matrix isn't it though? It doesn't let me book anything online from memory (I could ask a TA to book it according to the results I get but not via Aegean website). Or is there a workaround?
Well, once ITA tells you what's available, it SHOULD be bookable directly with Aegean. You might just have to play around with the "more options" button if, for example, your itinerary contains a connection of greater than 4hrs.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:37 pm

Thanks.

Yes. The below link will help you to generate the right deeplink. It gives excellent results through several OTAs.
ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Yes. The below link will help you to generate the right deeplink. It gives excellent results through several OTAs.
ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Ah, OTAs. Thanks for that. Having said that after a number of really bad experience with OTAs I avoid them like the plague. I was hoping for a workaround on A3 website itself, so that I can avoid the OTA, or a human TA that charge quite a bit for their service.

Well, once ITA tells you what's available, it SHOULD be bookable directly with Aegean. You might just have to play around with the "more options" button if, for example, your itinerary contains a connection of greater than 4hrs.
I think I may need to pick up the phone (admittedly speaking to A3 call centre is one of the better experience of speaking to an airline but I like the convenience of doing it myself online) The website just fell over on the page after I pick the flights when I try to book a mixed class itinerary (even one-way) no matter what I tried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.