Mileage credit if no credit on Aegean?

Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Mileage credit if no credit on Aegean?

Hello,

I recently flew twice on Air India, used my Aegean number, but it turns out that the AI fare class does not earn miles on Aegean. I subsequently submitted a retro claim on United, but United says the miles were already credited. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I would also like to know why that happens when tehnically no miles were credited to A3 so that UA should accept a retroclaim...

When there is no cost involved then why not accept the retroclaim?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: A3*G
That's odd. I have done it with LH and OS flight for booking classes that earn no miles. I always retrocredit them to M&M. Did you fill in a retroclaim at A3 for that flight before the UA claim?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
I've flown a UA P fare on a mixed itinerary with AC... the AC segments credited to M&B fine, and I had zero problem doing a retroclaim for the UA segments to Aeroplan.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:58 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A possible explanation is that A3 is paid an absolutely tiny sum of money by AI for your fare bucket, but it's not enough to justify giving FFP miles back.

Unfortunately this would obviously be a confidential commercial agreement between AI & A3, so it's not something that you could ever verify one way or the other.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for your replies. I spoke with a remarkably helpful agent at UA, and it sounds like there was simply a display glitch on my account: the miles (quite a small number, because the bucket only earns 50% and the route was short) were being included in my total, but it wasn't showing the flights under "recent flights" on my profile. The agent was able to see the flights on the phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.