Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China - 2 x upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Visiting the ticket desk probably won't make any difference - you're far more likely to be upgraded at the gate.
finger crossed

Thanks!

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Make sure that your *G status really is in the system. LH's terrible IT is known to have issues with *A recognition of other status levels.. if CA's systems can't see you as *G, you've basically no chance.
I will be careful to check the status on my BP at LH desk. Thanks.

Originally Posted by HiroshimaFlyer
I was upgraded from Y to C for the CA FRA-PEK leg by the nice LH staff at the Gate.
So shouldn't be a problem for LH recognize my A3 G status on their system..^

Cheers

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 14, 2015 at 3:32 am Reason: Housekeeping merge
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Smile Good on Air China

So dears, after my round trip Europe/China flying 4 segments with Air China, I have to say that I have been very pleasant surprise by the experience with Air China.

I havent't been upgraded in any of the 4 segments but on the leg FRA-PEK on the new 777 300ER I have been moved to the emergency exit seat that was very comfortable too. Generally KLM and other companies ask money for that move.

Than on the flight from PEK to TAO the flight attendant as soon as we boarded came to my seat and asked me if I needed anything (that was for my A3 gold status). Very nice flight this one too.

On the flight back PEK-FRA I asked the desk in PEK for an emergency exit seat, than once on the flight I realized was on the emergency exit middle row (I have asked for a window seat). I have explained the inconvenience and the FA moved me to an empty row with all the seats for me.

Nothing to complain to be honest. I haven't been upgraded but surely I will fly again Air China again.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
So dears, after my round trip Europe/China flying 4 segments with Air China, I have to say that I have been very pleasant surprise by the experience with Air China.

I havent't been upgraded in any of the 4 segments but on the leg FRA-PEK on the new 777 300ER I have been moved to the emergency exit seat that was very comfortable too. Generally KLM and other companies ask money for that move.

Than on the flight from PEK to TAO the flight attendant as soon as we boarded came to my seat and asked me if I needed anything (that was for my A3 gold status). Very nice flight this one too.

On the flight back PEK-FRA I asked the desk in PEK for an emergency exit seat, than once on the flight I realized was on the emergency exit middle row (I have asked for a window seat). I have explained the inconvenience and the FA moved me to an empty row with all the seats for me.

Nothing to complain to be honest. I haven't been upgraded but surely I will fly again Air China again.
My dad flew in the J cabin and he was surprised at the service level and food. He was pleased.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Chinese are cheap and mostly book Y. CA has larger than proper C/F cabins for pride reasons, and thus overbooks Y when there are too many Y passengers and not enough C and F passengers. Also, large tour groups block out large numbers of seats and don't use them all, leading to significant overbooking of Y. PhoenixMiles sucks and doesn't have that many elite members. Thus, with lots of necessary op-ups and not many deserving people, they can sometimes go to *G.
Try to fly a SHA-PEK flight, dozen of LTP, 50 Plat, hundred of gold and rest are silver....

Crazy business man can fly this route 3 times a day. NOT on an MR.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My dad flew in the J cabin and he was surprised at the service level and food. He was pleased.
Does the flight depart from PEK? Food supply in PEK is always terrible.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:55 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this resurrected thread has no particular connection to A3, other than possibly a A3*G member got upgraded on AIr China, we’ll close it at this point.

/mod
KLouis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.