Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Known issues with retro claim

Gold/Silver M&B Seat Upgrade Coupon
Sectors upgraded with Gold seat upgrade coupon are rebooked into I. Early upgrades did not credit automatically and had to be reclaimed, usually by telephone. As of May 2015, auto-crediting generally appears to work. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html for details.

Non-air miles
The retro claim for non-air miles (like booking.com) was lost in the system upgrade. There is currently no online tool to retro claim these miles.
Print Wikipost

Issues with retro claim

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:39 am

Issues to claim miles since October 2014

Hello,
I have massive issues to claim the miles from seven flights in October 2014.

I didn't get the miles (as exception) automatically.Therefore I entered them in the internet (my mistake was maybe that I also entered my name) but I asked for a correction.

Since October I had contact to the M&B support via phone, email ([email protected]; [email protected]. I also wrote a letter to the head of customer service - if there is a head?

All LH- flights have been in correct booking class (Y, D, Z, ect.). LH also confirmed that the A3- number and the booking class is correct.

Does anybody know where I can complain ? I am completely frustrated about processes at Agean.

BR
Th
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:00 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by thj68
Hello,
I have massive issues to claim the miles from seven flights in October 2014.

I didn't get the miles (as exception) automatically.Therefore I entered them in the internet (my mistake was maybe that I also entered my name) but I asked for a correction.

Since October I had contact to the M&B support via phone, email ([email protected]; [email protected]. I also wrote a letter to the head of customer service - if there is a head?

All LH- flights have been in correct booking class (Y, D, Z, ect.). LH also confirmed that the A3- number and the booking class is correct.

Does anybody know where I can complain ? I am completely frustrated about processes at Agean.

BR
Th
thj68, welcome to FT and the A3 forum.

Unfortunately you are suffering the same issues many have already reported which seem to have been mainly caused by a change in LH's IT, which didn't report correctly to other FFP's, followed by A3's IT meltdown following the M&B update which stopped an efficient recovery.

Best advice is:
- call A3 to determine the status of your claims. You need to do this during Greek business hours of 9-5, M-F.
- if this doesn't help, or you get an unsatisfactory answer, resubmit your claim. The system will probably report it's in progress, so just change each flight date by a date, using the same (correct) e-ticket number.
- if these flights would put you over the *G requirement under the old rules, call once they've credited and ask to be upgraded - at this stage, there will probably not be any sweeps and the status will have to be manually adjusted.

Frankly, complaining probably won't get you anywhere - you just need to get this resolved.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: VA Platinum
Technical issue with OA miles crediting

Olympic flights are causing A3 issues at the moment.

Our FF numbers were on the flights for December. The LHR - ATH on A3 has reflected but not the ATH - PAS on OA.
I've tried retro claim and emailing and nothing.

Just called and was told that is a wider technical issue for everyone when it comes to the OA flights being credited. They did say that we won't lose the miles and when they fix it it will automatically update.... We'll have to just see about that

Anyone else had issues with this? I've read about LH issues...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i flew A3 on Feb 23 with my A3 number in the boarding pass for an united ticket which is attached to my UA number. It posted to my UA account, and I emailed 1k desk to get it removed (which they did - thanks god!). i tried to do retro claim on A3 now and it says it is too early. how long should i wait? this is my 4th segment on A3 so it is kind of important to get it done... not urgent, obviously!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by pbd456
i flew A3 on Feb 23 with my A3 number in the boarding pass for an united ticket which is attached to my UA number. It posted to my UA account, and I emailed 1k desk to get it removed (which they did - thanks god!). i tried to do retro claim on A3 now and it says it is too early. how long should i wait? this is my 4th segment on A3 so it is kind of important to get it done... not urgent, obviously!
I had the same thing - I had to wait a week before it was possible to retroclaim for my UA flight.

...I emailed 1k desk to get it removed (which they did - thanks god!)...
I'm very surprised that UA managed to REMOVE a flight ALREADY credited to your UA account - i thought that once it is claimed to one FF account it is claimed and its too late. Maybe I misunderstood...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have a claim from july 2014 that still hasn't been approved and where operating airline (SK) denies the claim due to "invalid destination". I assume this means SK did find me onboard but they claim the flight didn't fly CHQ-OSL, which it certainly did.

Quite strange. Anyone who has any ideas why that may be the case? Could they have Chania and/or Oslo listed under another IATA code?! (only official code for Ioannis Daskalogiannis is CHQ and OSL for Gardemoen AFAIK)

Called today and got A3 to make a retry (forth time around).
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by intuition
I have a claim from july 2014 that still hasn't been approved and where operating airline (SK) denies the claim due to "invalid destination". I assume this means SK did find me onboard but they claim the flight didn't fly CHQ-OSL, which it certainly did.

Quite strange. Anyone who has any ideas why that may be the case? Could they have Chania and/or Oslo listed under another IATA code?! (only official code for Ioannis Daskalogiannis is CHQ and OSL for Gardemoen AFAIK)

Called today and got A3 to make a retry (forth time around).
Surely that's not one of their regular routes so it must have been a charter flight. I'm not that familiar with how SAS handles this but Aegean, for example, expressley state that only scheduled flights, and not charters will earn.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
You must wait 14 days. Try again March 10.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Surely that's not one of their regular routes so it must have been a charter flight. I'm not that familiar with how SAS handles this but Aegean, for example, expressley state that only scheduled flights, and not charters will earn.
Well, if it was charter, then you are right and no earnings.
But actually SK operates several regular scheduled flights to Greece.
To me this clearly was one of them - bought and sold by SK, SK operated under SK flight number on a SK fare, SK staff performing the same zero-service they do on all their european flights.
And not the least - the first segment of the ticket (ARN-CHQ) earned.

Innovata lists it as a scheduled flight (just not flying year-around):
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/SAS_SK_4634

So I do hope it wasn't a charter! I was far too sober for a charter flight
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sokolov
You must wait 14 days. Try again March 10.
With the old website, one used to have to wait 14 days to retroclaim from any airline. However, since they made the new website, I've only had to wait 7 days for some airlines, which included Swiss, United and US Airways.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: *G
Unhappy

My booking.com miles are not added to my account again.
No more "non airlines mile claim" on the web anymore?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by daiseiko
My booking.com miles are not added to my account again.
No more "non airlines mile claim" on the web anymore?
I can't find the Booking.com retroclaim either, but I will say that I've had 4 Booking.com auto-credits in the last few weeks. One appeared almost immediately, two took a few days and one took exactly 28 days, so you may want to wait a while before calling about this.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
A3 Voucher Upgrade no Miles?

I had a confirmed Economy booking in P class for a flight ZRH-ATH-ZRH and did upgrade one leg with the GOLD Voucher.

For the upgraded leg I didn't received any miles however for the other one booked in P class. Anyone with similar experiences? When I try to retro claim I got the message, that booking class is invalid.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Atlantico
I had a confirmed Economy booking in P class for a flight ZRH-ATH-ZRH and did upgrade one leg with the GOLD Voucher.

For the upgraded leg I didn't received any miles however for the other one booked in P class. Anyone with similar experiences? When I try to retro claim I got the message, that booking class is invalid.
Exact same issue here. I called them to rectify the issue but still has not posted. I'll wait a few more days before calling again. My other flights, same PNR different carrier, have also not posted. A bit annoying!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Atlantico

Originally Posted by vd0t
Exact same issue here. I called them to rectify the issue but still has not posted. I'll wait a few more days before calling again. My other flights, same PNR different carrier, have also not posted. A bit annoying!
At retro claim I think you need to provide the original ticket information.

Has been bentioned in this thread (or elsewhere) before, for instance here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.