Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Together account - details, issues and questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:04 am

If I give my account to someone via the Together program, will this extend the expiration date of the miles? Or is this question moot, because award miles actually never expire as stated on the Aegean website?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by GoGreen
If I give my account to someone via the Together program, will this extend the expiration date of the miles? Or is this question moot, because award miles actually never expire as stated on the Aegean website?
Yes ...

The Together account is a separate account. The entire quantity of award miles in individual accounts are deposited in it permanently so even if the individual account ceases to exist because of inactivity the miles will still remain under the umbrella of the Together account.

This assumes the ceasing account does not belong to the Head of (Together) Account. it's really unclear what happens in this case, and obviously no enough time has elapsed since the scheme was launched to get a definitive answer from practical experience.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
I'm a bit confused by the terms and conditions. Has anyone had my situation.

I have formed a together account with my other half in October. I'm Silver, status expires in May 2017. I'm unlikely to be flying any more (at all not just Star Alliance) so will almost certainly drop to Blue then. this means that her award miles will be transferred to me, the head of the account, and the together account will cease. This is as per section 5.2 of the terms and conditions. Ok so far.

but section 5.17 of the terms and conditions says that Aegean has the right to cancel the account and cancel the miles if no Aegean, Olympic or star alliance flights are credited by the together account members within 6 months of the account being opened. Neither of us have flown any Star alliance airline or Aegean / Olympic since the account was opened.

Does this mean we risk losing all of our miles?

I'm struggling a see to way to either use or save the miles (based in uk and no travel to Greece planned). I was planning to use some SPG points to top up the account for a suitable partner redemption later in the year but that won't address the together account issue.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
I'm a bit confused by the terms and conditions. Has anyone had my situation.

I have formed a together account with my other half in October. I'm Silver, status expires in May 2017. I'm unlikely to be flying any more (at all not just Star Alliance) so will almost certainly drop to Blue then. this means that her award miles will be transferred to me, the head of the account, and the together account will cease. This is as per section 5.2 of the terms and conditions. Ok so far.

but section 5.17 of the terms and conditions says that Aegean has the right to cancel the account and cancel the miles if no Aegean, Olympic or star alliance flights are credited by the together account members within 6 months of the account being opened. Neither of us have flown any Star alliance airline or Aegean / Olympic since the account was opened.

Does this mean we risk losing all of our miles?
In practice, they don't seem to cancel the account and miles in such circumstances AFAIK. Or has someone else run into miles being cancelled in such situations?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
What happened in the end was that the together account was ended when I dropped to blue, and I kept the miles. Not sure if that is correct or not though but it was the best outcome for me

I no longer travel to Cyprus twice a month so have no further need for my miles, I’m just hoping to get a good opportunity to redeem them on a partner flight in the future
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
What happened in the end was that the together account was ended when I dropped to blue, and I kept the miles. Not sure if that is correct or not though but it was the best outcome for me
That's the same outcome I've seen for all the Together accounts I've seen come and go.

By the way, new A3 FFP accounts plus the A3 app use = 1500 miles. It can be a good way to add some extra miles to top off an account that has benefited or will benefit from a Together account and to get to an A3 mileage redemption option of use.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 8, 2017 at 3:22 am
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:11 am

I have just activated a Together account on my M&B silver account. Immidiately I have invited my mum and dad to join my Together account, but neither of them have received the invitation. Is there any action required, ie. an email with link or you have to login to your M&B account and confirm anything? We are flying with my dad together tomorrow in the morning so I'd really like to get those miles for both of us

EDIT: problem solved, I have used the "resend" option in my Together account dashboard and emails have now been delivered.

Last edited by Poolek; Aug 1, 2018 at 11:23 am Reason: Problem solved
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Poolek
I have just activated a Together account on my M&B silver account. Immidiately I have invited my mum and dad to join my Together account, but neither of them have received the invitation. Is there any action required, ie. an email with link or you have to login to your M&B account and confirm anything? We are flying with my dad together tomorrow in the morning so I'd really like to get those miles for both of us

EDIT: problem solved, I have used the "resend" option in my Together account dashboard and emails have now been delivered.
Yes, it does seem to be one of A3's notorious "IT issues". Sometimes the emails don't arrive at all, sometimes they arrive after several hours. For my girlfriend and her kids, I set up their M&B accounts using my email address and the 'together' system REALLY didn't like that one! I had to create individual elail addresses for each account before I could get it to work.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: A3
Mistake forces 1 year together account timeout

When I sent the original invitation for the together account to my wife, she received an error message. We assumed she had to log into her account to accept the invitation and managed to create her own together account. It was a mistake which has become a 1 year timeout. I will be kicked out of the together program in less than a week because I haven’t added anyone to my account. A week latter my wife will be kicked out of her together program. Then we will both need to wait another 6 months to try again to create and join a together account.

I called soon after the problem became obvious and was told they could do nothing, but I could write to Aegean Customer Relations. I did and it appeared they would fix the issue. The email I received 2 Mar said: Kindly be advised that we will exceptionally delete the Together Account of Ms. Goose, as per your request.

But they didn’t delete her together account even though they said they would. While rules may be needed to stop abuse, I thought they would be lenient for a husband and wife who made a mistake.

I recently sent a follow up email and was told:
Further to your case, we would like to provide you with further clarifications regarding the Together account that are already described at the following link https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by realgoose
When I sent the original invitation for the together account to my wife, she received an error message. We assumed she had to log into her account to accept the invitation and managed to create her own together account. It was a mistake which has become a 1 year timeout. I will be kicked out of the together program in less than a week because I haven’t added anyone to my account. A week latter my wife will be kicked out of her together program. Then we will both need to wait another 6 months to try again to create and join a together account.

I called soon after the problem became obvious and was told they could do nothing, but I could write to Aegean Customer Relations. I did and it appeared they would fix the issue. The email I received 2 Mar said: Kindly be advised that we will exceptionally delete the Together Account of Ms. Goose, as per your request.

But they didn’t delete her together account even though they said they would. While rules may be needed to stop abuse, I thought they would be lenient for a husband and wife who made a mistake.

I recently sent a follow up email and was told:
Further to your case, we would like to provide you with further clarifications regarding the Together account that are already described at the following link https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/.
Unfortunate.You both ended up creating separate together accounts, therefore neither of you can quit theirs and join the other's together account.
It is the T&Cs. Your best way is to keep accruing separately for the next 6 months, and combine the accounts into one together account (correctly, this time), sometime in March 2019. By then, you should have a sizeable stack of miles.
Or, switch to another FFP for the next 6 months!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Does anyone have first hand experience of what happens, when cancelling a Together Account, to the Miles that were in a member's account before the Together Account was setup?
I cannot tell from the T&Cs or FAQs whether it is ONLY the miles earned during the Together Account's existence that get transferred to the Head, or whether the miles each member had in their personal accounts PRIOR to the Together Account also go to the Head?

I notice from my Together Account statement of transactions that the latter show as " Miles Transfered [From: .....]" [sic].

If the latter do not get transferred then I will keep the account alive until I make a redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.
(My Bolding).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: A3 *G
I've never actually done this, but it's pretty clear to me that all miles remain with the 'Head'. Once they're transferred, they can never go back to the original owner, whenever they were earned. I've removed many people from my together account and that's how it works. I don't see that closing the account would work any differently. First the members would all be removed (miles stay in the Together account) then the account itself would be closed (Head keeps miles).

Why even consider closing the account? There's no penalty to keep it open indefinitely with just you as a member. Other friends might come along later and wish to donate their miles to you via Together.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jbfield
Does anyone have first hand experience of what happens, when cancelling a Together Account, to the Miles that were in a member's account before the Together Account was setup?
I cannot tell from the T&Cs or FAQs whether it is ONLY the miles earned during the Together Account's existence that get transferred to the Head, or whether the miles each member had in their personal accounts PRIOR to the Together Account also go to the Head?

I notice from my Together Account statement of transactions that the latter show as " Miles Transfered [From: .....]" [sic].

If the latter do not get transferred then I will keep the account alive until I make a redemption.

Quote:
(My Bolding).
In my experience, they have stayed with the account member whose account launched the Together feature and sent out the invitation to members to join the Together account.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I have had the same experience as GUWonder.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:15 pm

Missing miles after together account cancellation

Hello,

I recently checked my M+B account and saw that the Together account I used to have with my wife was deactivated because the card was downgraded to Blue.
The last entry in the transactions list shows that 258,257 miles have been transferred with reason "Together Deactivation - Mile Transfer".
However, I can't figure out where the miles went since my account overview is only showing that I have 138,257 miles.
The account of my wife shows 0 miles.

Any ideas where those 258,257 miles went?

Shown available miles in overview

Recent transactions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.