Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I forgot to take a photo, but I decided to try the Hindu meal on ATH-LHR Y. The main course was literally just yellow (saffron? Turmeric?) Rice with one cherry tomato and one piece of broccoli. My mom decided to try the VLML, which was potatoes and peas and stuff. Together, we had a decent plate of Indian food
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
ANd here is the Y meal on FCO/ATH also on A3653. Poor meal but then*A lounge is really good with nice staff and local Italian food (too bad it closes 21.15).

Actually, that looks like the best meal I've seen in one of the boxes. Usually on those shorter flights it just pasta or something really basic, but you got meat and plenty of different veg!!
giorginho likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by headingwest
Actually, that looks like the best meal I've seen in one of the boxes. Usually on those shorter flights it just pasta or something really basic, but you got meat and plenty of different veg!!
I have the impression that this is a different caterer vs. the "normal" Y meals. I had such a box only once (VIE - ATH), compared to the normal trays where the aluminum bowl is added by the flight assistants. Not only visual quality, but also taste was much better for this meal.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G
ATH - FCO was the same pasta as usual...
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
ANd here is the Y meal on FCO/ATH also on A3653. Poor meal but then*A lounge is really good with nice staff and local Italian food (too bad it closes 21.15).

Maybe the photo looks better then it tasted as it looks quite decent for that block time.
dddc, cad-spe and giorginho like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:15 am

C breakfast ATH-BRU

Xandrios and headingwest like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-857 GVA-ATH 08.09.19 Business Class - The potatoes were quite bland, but the beef was rather tasty and extremely tender. Quite a nice meal.

SK, Xandrios and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:15 am

A3-764 ATH-HEL 09.09.19 Business Class - The appetiser was nice but the entrée was very disappointing. The fish didn't have much flavour and the Celeriac & Potato Mash was really just a sweet and gooey mess. I like my mashed potatoes to taste like potato!

The dessert was not that great. It is very difficult to eat because it's so hard it is not easy to break up with the cutlery without it flying everywhere. I wish they would bring back the popular 'trio', that way you are pretty sure not to be disappointed with at least some of it.

As a side note, the crew didn't seem very proactive after the service was done. On a long flight like this, it would be nice to be offered some more drinks after the service. IDK, maybe they were busy!

Xandrios likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:20 am

A3-771 TLL-ATH 11.09.19 Economy Class - This was a 3:35 am departure, so they served breakfast. Btw, Tallinn is an amazing place!

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:28 am

A3-862 ATH-VIE 11.09.19 Business Class - The menu was the same as the ATH-HEL menu posted 2 posts above. As I didn't like the fish, I opted for the chicken. To be honest it was even worse. Basically a dish of spinach with 2 chunks of chicken on top. Probably the worst meal I've had in Business with A3. I can't even choose different meals on the website, as 5 flights have all had the same choices. I think the standard of their catering has dropped, let's hope it picks up again.

Xandrios and Taten_R.O.C. like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for posting

I'm not a big fan of the rice appetizer. Fish I generally like on A3 - it may need some salt but generally is cooked well and has nice flavour. You may have had bad luck on that front!

The spinach dish looks..weird. The veggies seem to be almost black? I do like when wild xorta is prepared in a similar way (with some protein like fish or chicken or cheese, and lots of lemon), but that doesn't seem to have been the case here.
headingwest likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
A3-862 ATH-VIE 11.09.19 Business Class - The menu was the same as the ATH-HEL menu posted 2 posts above. As I didn't like the fish, I opted for the chicken. To be honest it was even worse. Basically a dish of spinach with 2 chunks of chicken on top. Probably the worst meal I've had in Business with A3. I can't even choose different meals on the website, as 5 flights have all had the same choices. I think the standard of their catering has dropped, let's hope it picks up again.
This was the menu on ATH-ARN a couple of weeks ago. Funny, since I found the fish to be quite tasty. Mrs had the chicken entrée which was indeed rather mediocre. But personally I really enjoyed all three dishes.

That said, I agree that the quality of their in-flight catering has clearly taken a slump following the introduction of the gastronomics menu. Please bring back the good old A3 menus that I first fell in love with...
lhrpete, cad-spe and headingwest like this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does the switchover to lunch menu happen for departures from 12PM onwards?

I like the look of the Beef option posted above but the flight from WAW leaves at 11:25 and I only seem to get the inferior breakfast menu.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Business Class Menu LHR-ATH

I really enjoyed the starter it tasted good.

Main course when it was produced on my tray table I was a bit dubious as to how it would be but it was very nice and fell apart when you cut it. Pretty decent meal .

Dessert tart Tahini was really nice . I still miss the trio though.

Coffee was really good one of the best I have had in a while. A few fellow passengers commented on it to the crew.

Of course I always have to finish off with some Mastixa and chocs.

The one thing I have to say was excellent were the crew. They worked their socks off the whole time. With 7 rows of full Business Class they were a bit overwhelmed but they managed to get the whole service done in a very personal style. By the time I had
ordered my liquer we were South of Kastoria and I was nervous for them about how they would get it all done and put away. They were still getting in final drinks for those that wanted it. I have seen some airlines give up the service at this stage but they got it
done. The only Male crew member from the Economy section was drafted in to hand out last drinks and collect empties. This seemed to work well. They managed four drink rounds, two hot towel services on top of the meal plates etc.. 10/10.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
AMS-ATH in business yesterday. After not having flown A3 for half a year or so this was a somewhat disappointing experience.

Flight was delayed but no announcements as to why. They skipped me for pre-departure drinks and I had to explicitly ask. After the first 4 (out of 8) pax were served their mains there was only one option left for the rest. And lastly not all wines were available.

Chicken with quinoa:

Interesting the tahini tort was quite different from the one I tried earlier this year. Much less color and much 'softer' texture (like peanut butter).

The wines for this quarter:
http://upload.xandrios.net/157035858...005_131249.jpg
http://upload.xandrios.net/157035859...005_131247.jpg
http://upload.xandrios.net/157035860...005_131259.jpg
http://upload.xandrios.net/157035862...005_131302.jpg

The last one of the wines was unavailable (Silva Sera Red). I stuck with the feggaropetra white which I though was quite good.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.