Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yesterday I flew to AMS. Tried the red Syrah which was quite nice. Though with the food I stuck to the Assyrtiko which I think was very good.

Appetizer (Seeds salad with quinoa, rice, pine-nuts, cranberry and pommeganate):

Mains (Sea bream with celeriac and potato mash and grilled asperagus):

Dessert (Mosaiko):

Personally for me the appetizer was somewhat disappointing. The white rice was the main flavour, and that kind-of made it like a plate of plain white rice with a few treats thrown in. No protein whatsoever on this dish.

The fish was nice in my opinion. You gotta love celeriac though. The fish was by far the most popular choice as well, pretty much everyone (except a few tourists who were obviously not Greek) requested this over the Chicken option. They ran out of the fish when about half the cabin was served.
Got exactly the same menu on ATH-ARN about a month ago. I thought they served different menus based on the route, but it makes sense that they interchange them... Could it depend on flight duration?

Anyway I have to disagree with you about the starter. I enjoyed it very much, and although the rice serving could have been smaller I could still taste the flavour of quinoa. I think actually that the entire menu was great, I loved it.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:57 am

BRU-ATH Y Dinner.

I think that officially the Y-meals are "downgraded". On BRU-ATH (one of the long-flights), the Y meal does not have salad anymore (i think that's already removed some time ago). Also, the dessert was the biscuits they serve in domestic flights...

Moreover, I can also confirm that there was only one bar service. So many "prepared" pax. asked for a 2nd bottle of wine during the first bar service (not me, i had already too many gin tonics at the "Loft")
Old May 24, 2019, 2:58 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
had same biscuits on OTP and KRK flights as well
Old May 24, 2019, 9:07 am

OA CTA-ATH lunch

OA CTA-ATH 2nd bar service

And this was the service on the short hop from CTA-ATH. I was surprised to see a second bar service with a cereal bar as well.
DELLAS and Alexandros Bravos like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry_greece

OA CTA-ATH lunch

OA CTA-ATH 2nd bar service

And this was the service on the short hop from CTA-ATH. I was surprised to see a second bar service with a cereal bar as well.
Nice I do love the OA branding or maybe its just a bit of nostalgia !
Old May 24, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
OTP-ATH in Y

By far the best sandwiches I ever had on a flight - good crunchy bread, and big pieces of apaki chicken and Edam cheese. Even beats KLM "meals" (sandwiches) on intra-European flights in J.

The small piece of baklava was good too! Cant ask for more on a one hour flight.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
OTP-ATH in Y

By far the best sandwiches I ever had on a flight - good crunchy bread, and big pieces of apaki chicken and Edam cheese. Even beats KLM "meals" (sandwiches) on intra-European flights in J.

The small piece of baklava was good too! Cant ask for more on a one hour flight.
That's encouraging. I'm doing this flight next month and also in Y
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
No picture - but on her recent A3 flight in business class, my wife discovered between the shrimps in her salad a small black object with many hairy legs that was still moving...
She skipped the rest of her lunch.
The flight attendant was very apologetic and said she would report it since this shouldn't happen - but otherwise no further reaction, also not afterwards.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:55 am

Six legs? An insect! Eight legs? an arachnid! More legs? A centipede or a millipede! Ten legs, not moving and pink? The cooked shrimps!

PS Apologies, couldn't help it: a side-effect of my pre-retirement career in medical entomology... ;)
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Remembering the facial expression of my wife: one of the 3 former items...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
No picture - but on her recent A3 flight in business class, my wife discovered between the shrimps in her salad a small black object with many hairy legs that was still moving...
She skipped the rest of her lunch.
The flight attendant was very apologetic and said she would report it since this shouldn't happen - but otherwise no further reaction, also not afterwards.
Extra protein? *Blench*.
Seriously though I'm surprised you got no follow up. That's a pretty big H&H issue....
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:31 am

The usual "pastitsio"

ATH-BRU, Y, lunch
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
A few days ago I picked a special celebration menu. Very very good, including wine selection (I tried white).

SK, DELLAS, hugolover and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I think that officially the Y-meals are "downgraded". On BRU-ATH (one of the long-flights), the Y meal does not have salad anymore (i think that's already removed some time ago). Also, the dessert was the biscuits they serve in domestic flights...

Moreover, I can also confirm that there was only one bar service. So many "prepared" pax. asked for a 2nd bottle of wine during the first bar service (not me, i had already too many gin tonics at the "Loft")
If this is indeed the case, I think it is a big mistake. The salad may only be tiny, but the fact that they included it in the longer flights was a big plus. For the cost of a salad (let's say 50 cents) it goes a long way in customer perception of the quality of service. Why not just put 50 cents on the price of the ticket and not let the service deteriorate.

The second bar service is another example of superior service, and it appears that Aegean is happy to go the same way as other airlines with penny-pinching. For me, Aegean always stood out from the rest with the little touches that have long been lost elsewhere. I'd happily pay a little more to keep it that way, because at the end of the day I always have a choice of going low-cost or full-service.
lhrpete and East_and_West like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by headingwest
The salad may only be tiny, but the fact that they included it in the longer flights was a big plus. For the cost of a salad (let's say 50 cents) it goes a long way in customer perception of the quality of service. Why not just put 50 cents on the price of the ticket and not let the service deteriorate.
That.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.