Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blackball
Regarding the lounge, I totally agree. I used to always go to the LH lounge for the better food- but since the A3 lounge refresh, I switched and haven't looked back. It can get really crowded, but still a pleasant experience. They also improved their service in general- used to be leftover food was not cleared up quickly enough. Not a problem anymore.
I did the Aegean Lounge on the outward trip (due to having the OA flight to Corfu) and Lufthansa an the way back. I have to say that Aegean have definitely raised their game as I didn't feel like I was 'missing out' by not being next door. The vegetable soup was really really tasty and a welcome surprise. Also the pomegranate juice was very popular, it was flying off the shelf!

Lufthansa certainly has better drinks but the food didn't really stand out like it used to - probably because Aegean has improved. ATH is lucky to have 2 nice lounges, not like VIE which is a joke.
blackball likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by headingwest
A3-861 VIE-ATH 06.04.19 Business Class - Pancakes with ''Anthotiro'' cheese and caramelised strawberries
I had this meal on ATH-LHR last week and found it to be delicious.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

GFML Y CLASS DUB-ATH

NORMAL Y CLASS MEAL DUB-ATH

Xandrios likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I had this meal on ATH-LHR last week and found it to be delicious.
I think it looked something like this .

BUSINESS CLASS MEAL ATH-LHR BREAKFAST

Xandrios likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Poster

GFML BUSINESS CLASS MEAL BREAKFAST ATH-LHR

Xandrios likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I think it looked something like this .

BUSINESS CLASS MEAL ATH-LHR BREAKFAST

Now how on earth did you manage to have a shot of my meal and my legs on your phone?
DELLAS likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Matthew of the 'Live and Let's Fly' blog apparently loved the breakfast cheese pie in Y: https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....nes-breakfast/

Judging from the posts in this thread, I think he may have low standards :P (or other airlines are still much worse with breakfast in Y).
Old May 5, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I think he may have low standards :P (or other airlines are still much worse with breakfast in Y).
Or other airlines have no breakfast in Y!
GUWonder, lhrpete and blackball like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Judging from the posts in this thread, I think he may have low standards :P (or other airlines are still much worse with breakfast in Y).
Last week I flew FRA-ATH on LH on Y (rebooked following the cancellation of my SK flight). First time on LH medium-haul after long time, I was positively surprised by the breakfast offered. After repeatedly getting the inedible sandwiches or the dull cookies that LH offers in short hops such as CPH-FRA, I had given up any expectation of getting something edible on an intra-European LH flight. Yet the breakfast comprised a mushroom omelette that was actually quite tasty, a flavoured yogurt, a very decent rye bread roll, butter, and a mediocre berry jam which nevertheless still tasted like a jam, unlike the jelly-like thingy that most airlines usually serve on Y.

I don't know if that was just a black swan but it was at least a league better then the blunt and rather tasteless A3 Y cheese pie.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew from AMS yesterday. They ran out of food options, which was a pity. The chicken was fine but didn't look as tasty as the soutzoukakia.

The new wines were great though. I specifically liked the Akrothos assyrtiko white. The reds I'll hopefully get to try on the flight back next week.

Whites
http://upload.xandrios.net/155766964...511_121221.jpg

Reds
http://upload.xandrios.net/155766970...511_121353.jpg
cad-spe and Alexandros Bravos like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
If anyone wonders what you get if you ask for a Vegetarian meal (Oriental, lacto-ovo, etc...) This is what you get. As dessert you get fruits.

Xandrios likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

LHR-ATH BUSINESS CLASS LUNCH

I pre ordered my main at time of booking. Very good flight and great crew. I tried the Tomi White as my pre lunch drink which was quite nice. For my main meal I switched to the Syrah Macedonian red which was very unique so I certainly recommend it. Loved the starter with the hint of mint through it. Dessert was ok nothing special. I would prefer the trio that we used to get. Loved the cheese offered it really was nice. Ended with some Mastiha and hand crafted chocolate.

SK, cad-spe, Xandrios and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:14 pm

I pre ordered my main at time of booking. Very good flight and great crew. I tried the Tomi White as my pre lunch drink which was quite nice. For my main meal I switched to the Syrah Macedonian red which was very unique so I certainly recommend it. Loved the starter with the hint of mint through it. Dessert was ok nothing special. I would prefer the trio that we used to get. Loved the cheese offered it really was nice. Ended with some Mastiha and hand crafted chocolate.
That looks like an excellent lunch. I too miss the trio of desserts. The current ones are rather uninspired in my opinion.
lhrpete and DELLAS like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:12 am

Seems you got the same menu as I did last weekend. Looking forward to try the red wines. Both whites were quite nice in my opinion.
DELLAS and Alexandros Bravos like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:01 pm

Yesterday I flew to AMS. Tried the red Syrah which was quite nice. Though with the food I stuck to the Assyrtiko which I think was very good.

Appetizer (Seeds salad with quinoa, rice, pine-nuts, cranberry and pommeganate):

Mains (Sea bream with celeriac and potato mash and grilled asperagus):

Dessert (Mosaiko):

Personally for me the appetizer was somewhat disappointing. The white rice was the main flavour, and that kind-of made it like a plate of plain white rice with a few treats thrown in. No protein whatsoever on this dish.

The fish was nice in my opinion. You gotta love celeriac though. The fish was by far the most popular choice as well, pretty much everyone (except a few tourists who were obviously not Greek) requested this over the Chicken option. They ran out of the fish when about half the cabin was served.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.