Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
funky flavours...haha

Bring back the good old trio I say!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Had exactly the same on ATH-LHR last Sunday.It was ok and still better than competition (I did actually liket the tsoureki ekmek quite a lot) but still a bit worse than what it used to be. On the LHR-ATH section I had soutzoukakia that were as bad as economy could be. Anyway

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Flew ATH-AMS yesterday. A very crappy A321 (SX-DGT) that, while offering 2m of legroom on row 1, only had one luggage bin for two rows of business class (fully booked), and no closet to hang coats. Business class luggage was stowed as far back as row 4 (in Economy). Also the armrest-tables on row 1 were crooked and wobbly.

But...this is about the food. Two choices: Chicken thighs in red sauce with carrots and peas, or, sea bream with steamed vegetables. Interesting enough none of the mains featured any carbs...not sure why. Healthy Sunday perhaps Good thing I had some hearty fava and chicken in the lounge

The salad was nice. I'm a huge fan of salty umami-rich foods, so a salad of ginormous capers and caper-leaves is a very good thing in my book. But it might not be for everyone, the textures and flavours were quite strong:

I chose the fish for mains which was nice. Decent size fillet as well. It was supposed to be grilled but tasted more like it was steamed together with the vegetables. Served with a sauce that seemed to be butter-based. Very neutral/clean tasting with a hint of licorice - I think there may have been some fennel involved.

Dessert was Ekmek Tsoureki...which I did not like. I know that Tsoureki can contain some mastiha (which I love) but there were some more funky flavours going on..not my favorite.

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH yesterday. The flight came in almost 2 hours late, and then departed with an additional one hour delay.

The FA addressed everyone by name, and during meal service also asked everyone individually if they would like the starter and mains to be served together or separate. While great in theory, it did mean that the mains were already prepared when the starters were being served...and they had cooled down quite a bit when they were eventually served as second course (as everyone in the cabin opted to have them separate).

Funny detail: Upon arrival and being bussed to the terminal I noticed that the guy that had been sitting one row in front of me was Jeroen Dijsselbloem. Didn't expect to see him in Athens again.. Maybe Thursdays is poker night at Varoufakis house?

Anyway, the food. Starter was a salad with smoked trout and a pumpkin dressing. It was okay, nothing special.

For the mains they had ran out of options There originally also was a veal in tomato sauce, but all that was left for row 2 onwards was chicken in saffron sauce on brown rice. Very tasty though!

Dessert was semolina halva. Personally I liked it a lot. It was not totally traditional as it seemed to contain some kind of cream...which made it incredibly tasty.

Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Mar 1, 2019 at 2:27 am
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite

Dessert

Veal fillet

PRG-ATH yesterday, chicken with pasta against veal fillet....was not the best nor the worst.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:58 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold

CAI-ATH

ATH-CAI

ATH-CAI

OTP-ATH

Last edited by GBobon; Mar 11, 2019 at 3:22 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: A3*G
Flew AMS-ATH yesterday. The flight came in almost 2 hours late, and then departed with an additional one hour delay.

Funny detail: Upon arrival and being bussed to the terminal I noticed that the guy that had been sitting one row in front of me was Jeroen Dijsselbloem. Didn't expect to see him in Athens again.. Maybe Thursdays is poker night at Varoufakis house?
Amazing that he is not banned for life from using the services of any Greek company..
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite

Veggie burger

ATH-VIE this morning. Monday is kind of special day for A3 in catering, they call it healthy day or so thus no regular breakfast options. I had to say bye to pancakes and ordered this vegan meal. The other option, some kind of Greek pizza was also vegan. The fruit was insanely fresh!

Last edited by 747jetter; Mar 11, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
ATH-AMS yesterday at noon. Service was kind of below par; eg the dishes still had the plastic cling film on them. Breads were not heated up, and so on.

Starter:
Prawn saganaki, but turned out to be not really anything special.

Mains:
There was also a cold caper sauce in a separate container which was great with the fish filet. Really liked this dish!

Dessert baklava:
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:25 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
sea bream with steamed vegetables.

salad of ginormous capers and caper-leaves is a very good thing in

Dessert was Ekmek Tsoureki...which I did not like. I know that

Had exactly this on ATH-LHR yesterday. Capers were a bit strong, seemed like most people didn't eat them. Fish was good. The dessert was overly sweet but I ate all of it anyway.

6 rows of C, I know LHR flights are always busy, service was fine but some of the communication was a bit awkward, not sure if it was an English problem or a hearing problem.

The person in front of me said "I want the fish please" and was promptly served the chicken. Person across from me asked for sparkling wine and was served water. I asked for green tea with the dessert, FA said "yes of course, would you like something to drink"? I repeated "green tea" but she didn't seem to understand... had to ask a different FA later.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:54 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
This was served on FRA-ATH. There were 10 pax in C.

My salad matches the menu description, but half of the cabin got a different one (the one with the capers) for no discernible reason, as the FAs just pulled them out of the trolley without really looking...

It was a bit of a jumble of salty and sweet, but I like that sort of thing so this went down well.

I was the 6th passenger to be served and I asked for the soutzoukakia. I see DrHalxx said it wasn't very good but I didn't get to try it, because the last one went to the 7th passenger to be served, a Greek speaker. (So possibly they asked her before me and I didn't understand.)

It looked like they loaded exactly 5 of each option, a bit downhill from the day when we were the only 2 pax in C and they loaded 2 of both options!

Anyway the chicken was ok, but I'm not fond of mustard so didn't really like the pasta sauce, at least it was piping hot.

I liked this as well but most people could only eat half of it. I don't know if the FAs are encouraged to report on pax responses to the food but on all my A3 C flights so far most people don't finish the dessert, but they are still serving these very large sweet portions.

Also, 3 different pax asked for mint tea which they don't stock, so if FAs did report back they could consider it.
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by :D!; Mar 22, 2019 at 8:01 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:56 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

FRA-SKG today, 4 pax in C spread in 2 rows.

The starter was a baby spinach salad with sautéed turkey bacon, pineapple and some cheese. Very tasty. Main was grilled chicken leg with warm quinoa and some cheese. Very good too, tasty and the quinoa had a couscous touch with some sultanas. More cheese and a tahini tart, not very sweet and an acquired taste.
As usual, excellent service.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I had the tahini tart last week on LHR-ATH and I thought it was different and delicious. I would agree though it may not be for everyone.

I'm also beginning to wonder if Aegean have captured the Europe wide market in chicken thighs, it's a long time since I've seen any other piece of chicken and they are often on the tough side.
DELLAS and Xandrios like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrpete
I had the tahini tart last week on LHR-ATH and I thought it was different and delicious. I would agree though it may not be for everyone.

I'm also beginning to wonder if Aegean have captured the Europe wide market in chicken thighs, it's a long time since I've seen any other piece of chicken and they are often on the tough side.
Its certainly down to personal choice and even culture. I love the above offerings but a lot of Western Europeans think that Greek and Turkish desserts are too sweet for them.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-861 VIE-ATH 06.04.19 Business Class - Pancakes with ''Anthotiro'' cheese and caramelised strawberries

When I booked this flight, I thought the 10.45 a.m. departure would spare me the breakfast but alas it wasn't to be. Actually the pancakes were very good indeed and the combination (with cheese and not maple syrup as I'm used to) worked very well. Finished off with a glass of Mastiha.

OA281 CFU-ATH 08.04.19 Economy Class - the breakfast offering courtesy of Olympic Air. On the evening outward flight, 2 days earlier, it was the crackers.

A3-862 ATH-VIE 08.04.19 Economy Class - The usual 'box of tricks' on this 2h 20min flight. This has to be the best economy meal I've had on this route, they usually just have orzo or pasta without any meat and veg. Quite a nice 'meal' which I finished off with a cup of coffee, had to ring the call bell to get it though!

Just to add...the food in the Aegean Lounge at Athens has definitely improved since I was last there. I can't remember them ever having hot soup, and the selection of cold cuts, warm Greek pastries and various pasta offerings was really good. I certainly raised my sugar levels with the sweets there too! Well done Aegean. ^
SK likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by headingwest
A3-861 VIE-ATH 06.04.19 Business Class - Pancakes with ''Anthotiro'' cheese and caramelised strawberries

When I booked this flight, I thought the 10.45 a.m. departure would spare me the breakfast but alas it wasn't to be. Actually the pancakes were very good indeed and the combination (with cheese and not maple syrup as I'm used to) worked very well. Finished off with a glass of Mastiha.

OA281 CFU-ATH 08.04.19 Economy Class - the breakfast offering courtesy of Olympic Air. On the evening outward flight, 2 days earlier, it was the crackers.

A3-862 ATH-VIE 08.04.19 Economy Class - The usual 'box of tricks' on this 2h 20min flight. This has to be the best economy meal I've had on this route, they usually just have orzo or pasta without any meat and veg. Quite a nice 'meal' which I finished off with a cup of coffee, had to ring the call bell to get it though!

Just to add...the food in the Aegean Lounge at Athens has definitely improved since I was last there. I can't remember them ever having hot soup, and the selection of cold cuts, warm Greek pastries and various pasta offerings was really good. I certainly raised my sugar levels with the sweets there too! Well done Aegean. ^
I have only flown C in the morning once, and was kinda disappointed, but, wow, the pancakes look great! Hope they keep this up. Your Y meal also looks good. I still remember the times I had pastitsio in Y, that was really good. Hope they bring it back at some point.

Regarding the lounge, I totally agree. I used to always go to the LH lounge for the better food- but since the A3 lounge refresh, I switched and haven't looked back. It can get really crowded, but still a pleasant experience. They also improved their service in general- used to be leftover food was not cleared up quickly enough. Not a problem anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.