Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:58 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I also like their kids menu; great to see that they are able to come up with some kid friendly options. Cheese, parizaki, makaronia me kima... awesome!
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I would also say that the cheese and parizaki also match well with a glass of beer
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:18 am

Your kid drinks beer?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:46 am

Dus - Skg economy
Meatballs, mustard mayonnaise sauce, vegetables and potatoes. (Average)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chr04
Dus - Skg economy
Actually it looks quite yummy!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by headingwest
Actually it looks quite yummy!
It is ! I had that once, too...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chr04
Dus - Skg economy

Looks better compared to some offerings I have seen recently. Love the Loukoumi.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

ATH-DUS, Y, Breakfast (only 1 bar service)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:00 pm

Speaking about service, did anyome else noticed that the 2nd service with coffe tea or water isnt available anymore?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Breakfast SKG-MUC January 2019

Dinner MUC-SKG January 2019
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze

Dinner MUC-SKG January 2019

They really broke their heart with the chicken! Take out 4 potatoes and replace with 4 pieces of chicken and it would be decent.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:52 pm

My first A3 fight of the year started very good. There was a male purser serving the business class cabin (Which is rare in my experience), and in fact I remembered him from a previous flight. Absolutely great service which goes way beyond the typical Aegean experience...including:

- After the pre departure drinks he came around the cabin, introduced himself and welcomed everyone personally while shaking their hand.
- Throughout the flight he addressed pax by name, without visibly looking at the manifest. He also managed to do that when saying goodbyes.
- He made wine recommendations, and when you had made a choice he first offered the cork, then a sample to try, and only if it is to your liking he would then pour the glass.
- He encouraged trying different wines, I tried one white and both reds (The white Savatiano I tried is very mellow without any acidity, it wasn't my favorite. The Apocalypsis was the best red in my opinion).
- They served pre departure drinks, drinks while they prepared the meal, a drink choice with each meal course, coffees afterwards, and lastly they came round with a cart with liqueurs - Mastiha and one other that I did not check.

And then, the food:

Pastrami, orange and lentil-based appetizer. Needed some extra salt but nice combination of flavors:

Soutzoukakia (Spiced meatballs) on rice with vegetables - delicious:

A tahini-chocolate tart. If you like the flavor of tahini you will probably love this:

It strongly reminded me of the tahini with cacao that you can find all over Greece (which I love). Like a very nut-heavy Nutella.

So that was a great flight altogether and a great start of the year! Can't wait for the next flights coming up!

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 19, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sounds like the same purser I had on a flight a couple of years ago. Very pro-active and paid attention to small details. It's the little things that make a difference and probably why I'll always remember the flight. A credit to Aegean.

btw, what was the route? The food looks very nice.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:17 am

Yes, that is very possible. I remembered him as well from a previous flight

This was the Saturday noon flight from AMS on an A321. It looks like many of the AMS flights are now executed by an A321; while last year winter that generally was an A320.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Some pre order options currently being offered on breakfast flights ATH-LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.