Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
20.11.18 A3-609 LHR-ATH Economy meal
Probably the worst meal I've had on this route. The chicken and potatoes were swimming in a greasy juice. That said, much better than the competition!

Does look a bit lame . Some things dont work well above 35,000ft
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:58 am

ATH to LGW, business breakfast
It was salted pudding (actually omelete with vegetables and sausage)
Xandrios likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Not too bad as breakfast goes.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:17 am

ATH - AMS in business class
Salad with boiled potatoes and orange ( really bad)
Chicken kebabs with roasted vegetables ang yogurt sauce (good)
Halva with cinnamon (didnt looked like halva)

Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Interesting choices. That dessert looks quite minimalistic indeed, especially compared to the desserts that they used to serve before last year.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Chr04
ATH - AMS in business class
Salad with boiled potatoes and orange ( really bad)
Chicken kebabs with roasted vegetables ang yogurt sauce (good)
Halva with cinnamon (didnt looked like halva)
As far as I'm concerned, this is another data point that the quality is not as good as it used to be. The 'top chefs' thing was just marketing.

Btw, it is semolina halva, which is different than the 'conventional' one. I still miss the old trio of desserts
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by blackball
...{snip}...Btw, it is semolina halva, which is different than the 'conventional' one. I still miss the old trio of desserts
Yes, it is semolina halva (symigdalenios or spitikos), one of the two kinds of halva made and eaten in Greece. The "other" one, and cerrtainly not conventional one by Greek standards is called tahinenios or nistissimos or, often, makedonikos. While the former is very often served as a desrt, both at home and in non-fancy restaurants, the latter is usually eaten in rather small amounts during the fasting periods (pre-Easter, pre-15 August and pre-X'mas). Actually it is so sweet that some people put a few drops of pressed lemon on it or even eat it sanwiched in bread. By the way, I also miss the old trio.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I'll vote for the old trio too though some of the newer ones are good, I had great orange cake a few weeks back.

The salad above looks more like the old starters too - I love those big plates of salad.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
The "other" one, and cerrtainly not conventional one by Greek standards is called tahinenios or nistissimos or, often, makedonikos.
As soon as I hit 'submit', I thought maybe it's not really conventional (which has always been my impression), and someone is going to correct me on this!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:26 am

It was more like a 'cream' didnt have the texture of halva (little small balls)
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Chr04
It was more like a 'cream' didnt have the texture of halva (little small balls)
Yes, that is how semolina halva is. It is different than the one you are used to.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
(I) ATH-FCO in C departing at 08:45

=> Sfougatto for me and my wife
=> Child meal for my son

(II) FCO-ATH in C departing at 17:25

=> Fava from Santorini together with the Cretan chicken fillet for me and my wife
=> Child meal for my son

Xandrios likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:12 pm

Some good things never change on A3: their melomakarona are still the juciest ones around! I wish it were X'mas throughout the year just for that.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
...{long snip}...=> Fava from Santorini together with the Cretan chicken fillet for me and my wife ...{long snip}...
The Santorini fava had a very pale colour! Was it good? By the way, how was the octopus I saw lying on it?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
KLouis Despite the colour the fava was really tasty and felt as I was eating something homemade. The octapus was great as well. The subject choice of meal is highly recommended!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.