Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:05 am
Original Poster

I heard new menus being planned for this Winter.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
6 economy flights for less than 100€, the food, the drinks, the lounges, and 6251 status miles. Great!!!

A3-633 EDI-ATH 02.08.18 economy meal
This was a night flight and the photo was taken on my smartphone, hence the poor quality. Seasoned chicken and orzo.

A3-628 ATH-LUX 03.08.18 economy meal
This was an omelette with potato and cheese, which was really rather nice.

Economy class, white wine - choice 1

Economy class, white wine - choice 2

A3-629 LUX-ATH 03.08.18 economy meal
Seasoned chicken and orzo, just the job.

A3-608 ATH-LHR 03.08.18 economy meal
Chicken and pasta with spinach and a cheese sauce. This was the best economy meal I've had on Aegean.

A3-629 LUX-ATH 10.08.18 economy meal
Chicken and orzo in a different guise.

A3-608 ATH-LHR 10.08.18 economy meal
Pasta moussaka

A few observations....

I noticed that they have 2 types of rolls, white and wholemeal. They also have 2 white wines. I wonder if the service standard is that they should ask passengers which they prefer rather than just dishing out randomly. Why else would there be a choice?

Secondly, the coffee service after the main meal seems to have been enhanced. During the 6 flights only once did they go through the cabin with the coffee/tea/water trolley, which they'd done everytime on my previous flights. I pressed the call button once to specifically ask for it on one of the flights as I always save the dessert element of the meal for eating with coffee. I hope this isn't the new standard.

That said, great flights, great service. There is no question about it, this is the best airline in Europe at the moment. ^
GBobon likes this.

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:59 am Reason: added
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:15 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
did you pay with miles for these flights?! 6 legs for 100eur seems to be too cheap )
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBobon
did you pay with miles for these flights?! 6 legs for 100eur seems to be too cheap )
Normal revenue bookings. EDI-ATH-LUX 46.43, LUX-ATH-LHR 30.29 and another for 15.94. Grand total: 92.66

2 of the heavily discounted bookings were bought from airtickets. That's the one that went bankrupt!

Luxembourg departing flights are usually cheaper anyway because there are virtually no taxes.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:28 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
wow. nice find
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:27 am

Try to use the seat light for better illumination ;-)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:58 am

A3 718 Athens to Malaga
Pastitsio
DELLAS likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chr04
A3 718 Athens to Malaga
Pastitsio

Nice option in Y. .
Chr04 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:47 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
After the summer break I flew Aegean two times again this september. Maybe I had bad luck but I noticed reduced drinks service (only one drink round with the food). I have one more Aegean flight scheduled next week so I'll make sure to check if this was a fluke or a new trend. The rest of the year I'll be flying Skyteam as those flights fit me (much) better time-wise.

AMS-ATH departure at noon: Roasted potatoes, mpiftekia, cheese/mustard sauce and various veggies

Orzo with Chicken
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 22, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
One round of drinks only was also for me the case during the ATH-MUC flight I took last Sunday.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:02 pm

LHR -ATH Economy dinner: Special meal - Halal.
No photo sorry.
I hate pasta so picked a special meal to try and avoid getting a carton of mush in glop which my friend had on this flight a week before.
It was much better than my fellow passengers got although the FA was very surprised when I asked for wine with it.

A tiny greek salad without any feta.
Fish in red sauce with rice.
Bread roll plus that triangle of processed cheese and a butter pat.
fresh fruit salad.

Last edited by pickledtink; Oct 26, 2018 at 2:09 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by pickledtink
LHR -ATH Economy dinner: Special meal - Halal.
No photo sorry.
I hate pasta so picked a special meal to try and avoid getting a carton of mush in glop which my friend had on this flight a week before.
It was much better than my fellow passengers got although the FA was very surprised when I asked for wine with it.

A tiny greek salad without any feta.
Fish in red sauce with rice.
Bread roll pus that triangle of processed cheese and a butter pat.
fresh fruit salad.
Pus?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Pus?
Ooops...'Plus'.
Eeek indeed! Frankly though the gloppy pasta thing everyone else got didn't look far off!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Haven't had the chance to fly A3 C for some time, so I forgot to take pics of the other parts of the meal on my first flight.

It was a bit disappointing compared to what I remember from my previous flights a year or two ago. The portion sizes were not as filling, though in the past the total amount of food served was really too much. Perhaps the cabin crew have been feeding back about what people are throwing away... OTOH, I didn't have time to visit the lounge, not that the ARN lounge has particularly amazing food options.

ARN-ATH, 3.5 hours. 7/8 seats occupied. For some reason, there was only one FA serving C until after dessert. (Incidentally, recalling the previous thread about this, one of the FAs was male and also had a male FA on my A3 flight in June, maybe they are becoming more common?)

There was only one drinks run with the cart, but I was asked several times if I wanted any more drinks.

Salad was some regular greens, the dressing came in a separate pot which is a positive for me, as I prefer my veggies without it.

Mains were served from the cart. On my last flight, they brought out both options on a tray so you could see, this time I was just asked "chicken or beef".

Chose the chicken, part dry and part gloopy, needed a lot of stirring and mixing. Also there wasn't very much of it.

5 people chose beef and it looked like none of them finished the plate.

Dessert was some non-creamy cake, with lots of icing on top, and cream on the side. I scraped off the icing, left the cream, and the rest of the cake was nice. Nobody else ate more than one or two bites!

ATH-OTP, 1.5 hours, so everything came out at once. 3/8 pax. There were 2 FAs and we were served from the galley. The mains options were not presented visually and we were just asked to choose from the menu.

Salad was quinoa, tomatoes and turkey.

Main was sea bass with spinach puree. This was actually done very well, tasted better than a fish dish I paid 30 for at a Michelin starred restaurant 2 weeks ago. The presentation could have been improved, they left the skin on the bottom of the fish which was a bit eww, and there was far too much of the puree.

Dessert was ok after I scraped the icing off again.

So overall gone slightly downhill, but still good, and still far too expensive to pay for, so I hope I'll be able to use my vouchers next year. (So far 6 expired with no opportunity to use)

Last edited by :D!; Oct 2, 2018 at 1:51 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
I had this exact meal yesterday, and liked it a lot. I had eaten in the lounge and was planning on not having the food onboard, but tried a little bit of the pastitsio, and simply could not stop! Fluffy bechamel, tasty overall and not swimming in oil.

I get the feeling C meals have deteriorated slightly (or there is more variance in the quality), and Y have improved.

Originally Posted by Chr04
A3 718 Athens to Malaga
Pastitsio

[...]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.