Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold/AF Flying Blue Platinum/ TK Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Full of hot air

I don’t think any airline uses plastic in Business Class, and if they do, I would never choose to fly them. I’m not expecting A3 to use a special tumblr just for my drink, but their ‘normal’ tumblrs are tiny. Once my two ice cubes and slice of lemon are added, there is barely any room for the drink! I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Now if I was being spoiled I would have asked for using more Greek products - beers produced by one of Greece’s numerous and excellent microbreweries, Grace Gin, Three Cents Aegean tonic, etc.
KLM World Business Class Dessert and Salad Plates are plastic
Old May 5, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I always need much more fluids than those tiny glassware (in business and eco) so I usually ask for a "Soda" (sparkling water) which gets me a 33cl can .
justforfun likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:10 pm

Last time I was flying business she kept the soda and she only filled the tiny glass twice....
Old May 7, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

The story of Greek cuisine

At AEGEAN, we believe that a country can be discovered through flavours, tastes and dishes. One bite may reveal the history of the country’s mainland; an aroma may evoke the stories of the seas. It is a country’s dishes that can reveal its whole history, culture and character.

This is why we have joined forces with a trio of distinguished Greek chefs and a Master of Wine. Together, our mission is to take you on a journey of Greek cuisine. We call it: “Gastronomics.” Gastronomics is our all-inclusive flavour experience which allows you to enjoy all manners of Greek dishes and wines during your AEGEAN Business Class flight*.

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...003.1480441225

Old May 8, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS

The story of Greek cuisine

At AEGEAN, we believe that a country can be discovered through flavours, tastes and dishes. One bite may reveal the history of the country’s mainland; an aroma may evoke the stories of the seas. It is a country’s dishes that can reveal its whole history, culture and character.

This is why we have joined forces with a trio of distinguished Greek chefs and a Master of Wine. Together, our mission is to take you on a journey of Greek cuisine. We call it: “Gastronomics.” Gastronomics is our all-inclusive flavour experience which allows you to enjoy all manners of Greek dishes and wines during your AEGEAN Business Class flight*.

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...003.1480441225

That seems like a positive change! I messaged A3 on Facebook and the confirmed that the new business class catering started on May 3 already. I'm flying on Monday morning so I 'm curious to see how the updated breakfast will be like.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Please do report back. So far, for my upcoming bookings, the choices of mains (as far as I can select those online) are still the same. Odd.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Please do report back. So far, for my upcoming bookings, the choices of mains (as far as I can select those online) are still the same. Odd.
Where do you see the option to select meals online? Under my booking I only get the option to select special meals...
Old May 8, 2018, 9:01 am

It depends...for most of my bookings I am able to choose a mains (at the same place where you can also select a special meal), but a few bookings still don't allow it somehow.

For example my flight on May 26th still has the "Chicken Leg with Mushroom Sauce, Groats with Vegetables and Grated Graviera Cheese" item - which personally I dislike and has already been posted a few times in this thread. Its definitely not new.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
There's a note below that states "* subject to destination", so perhaps it's not rolling out for all flights just yet.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:16 am

Paul's trip report (A youtube airline reviewer) has just posted his first Aegean (business class) review for LHR-ATH.

It looks like he received the new meal service as he flew on May 3rd. It consists of a separate wine list, and the food menu is different too. And the desert seems to have changed: From 3 items to one (which is named on the menu).

I recommend watching the whole video, however from here it shows the menu..and from here it shows the food.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 11, 2018 at 1:23 am
Old May 11, 2018, 1:48 am

Menu # 1

Menu #3

Menu #2

Winelist

Desert

Salad

Wine list # 1

indeed, flew yesterday and I got the new menu.

i have also pr selected my meal which was also available
Old May 11, 2018, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Good reports so far of the new product .
Old May 11, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Thanks for featuring my little video here

Just to address a minor point upthread about meal pre-orders. I travelled on May 3rd, the first day of the new service (though I didn't know it at the time!).

Prior to travel I was able to select a main from options in Manage My Booking. However, none of these options ended up corresponding to the menu onboard. No problem for me as I eat whatever's put in front of me.

But it may be helpful to know that A3 perhaps haven't adjusted their meal pre-order rotation with the options now served onboard under the new Gastronomies menu (or maybe they plan to get rid of pre-ordering altogether?).
Old May 11, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks for the trip report you posted on YT, Paul. I saw it in my subscriber feed about 2 mins after you posted it. Glad to see you like A3.. but I think you were a bit hard on them for the hot towels!

PS Have to say I was quite surprised that someone as well travelled as you had never tasted Baklava before !?
Old May 11, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by yurtripper

PS Have to say I was quite surprised that someone as well travelled as you had never tasted Baklava before !?
I've seen it on menus but it's never been my first choice because I tend not to prefer nut-based desserts. It's fair to say my perception changed thanks to A3!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.