Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I also had the LH lounge lamb on Monday - it was delicious !!
Plus they had an entire table with a machine for Greek coffee (!!), and the other Easter stuff like the red eggs etc.

This is my favorite lounge in Europe, I think - WAY ahead of the lounges in GVA !
Xandrios likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH this weekend. Its about time to shake up the menu a bit - I believe I have tried most, if not all, dishes in rotation by now. Still very tasty though!

Appetizer:

Chicken souvlaki

Dessert
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: *G
C class Breakfast ATH/FRA. I booked a seafood menu in advance online.
It looks like normal omelet...

However, inside, much of seafood! Really yummy!

cappuccino after meal.

I recommend this seafood breakfast!
headingwest and yurtripper like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by daiseiko
C class Breakfast ATH/FRA. I booked a seafood menu in advance online.
It looks like normal omelet...

However, inside, much of seafood! Really yummy!

cappuccino after meal.

I recommend this seafood breakfast!
Certainly something with a twist. Thanks for posting always good to see something new.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Certainly something with a twist. Thanks for posting always good to see something new.
I'm registered as a "sea food eater" in my profile with A3 and, as such, I had a sea food-containing omelette a couple of months ago on a flight LCA-ATH in cattle class. From the picture posted by daiseiko I'd say that the business class omelette contains more pieces of whatever they put in there than the cheapo class one. Nothing to write home about, yet tastier than the standard one.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:33 am

I really think that A3 should update their breakfast menus: It's been since summer? Or way before that for breakfast they offer the "sfouggato" vs the "spinach/salmon omelet".
Old May 1, 2018, 10:38 am

Do you fly intra-European C for the breakfast?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:25 pm

Very philosophical question. I am just flying C taking advantage of the coupons when/if applicable. Otherwise I would fly ultra Y.

Does that make me not eligible to criticise the service?
Old May 1, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
very philosophical question. I am just flying c taking advantage of the coupons when/if applicable. Otherwise i would fly ultra y.

Does that make me not eligible to criticise the service?
Μὴ κρίνετε, ἵνα μὴ κριθῆτε·. Ματθ. 7,1
Old May 2, 2018, 2:59 am

Well, i don't run an airline.

Anyways, I also find the "cheesepie" (κουρού style) served in Y an interesting choice.

ATH-BRU Y BREAKFAST
Old May 4, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, A3 Miles and Bonus Gold
New meal service concept

It appears that Aegean are updating their inflight catering in Business class. They have been promoting their collaboration with well known Greek chefs on Instagram, and have updated their internet site with details about the new catering concept, called 'Gastronomics'. I look forward to any reviews of the new meals. Hopefully they'll update their glassware and crockery - bigger tumblers would really be appreciated as they currently are too small for a proper G&T.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Full of hot air
...{snip}...Hopefully they'll update their glassware and crockery - bigger tumblers would really be appreciated as they currently are too small for a proper G&T.
Weight (and space)! Be glad you get glass and not plastic. By the way, name one airline with proper glassware for all drinks and I'll buy you a G+T!
Old May 5, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, A3 Miles and Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Weight (and space)! Be glad you get glass and not plastic. By the way, name one airline with proper glassware for all drinks and I'll buy you a G+T!
I don’t think any airline uses plastic in Business Class, and if they do, I would never choose to fly them. I’m not expecting A3 to use a special tumblr just for my drink, but their ‘normal’ tumblrs are tiny. Once my two ice cubes and slice of lemon are added, there is barely any room for the drink! I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Now if I was being spoiled I would have asked for using more Greek products - beers produced by one of Greece’s numerous and excellent microbreweries, Grace Gin, Three Cents Aegean tonic, etc.

Last edited by Full of hot air; May 5, 2018 at 12:38 am Reason: Spelling (autocarrot having a mind of its own)
Old May 5, 2018, 5:40 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Full of hot air
It appears that Aegean are updating their inflight catering in Business class. They have been promoting their collaboration with well known Greek chefs on Instagram, and have updated their internet site with details about the new catering concept, called 'Gastronomics'. I look forward to any reviews of the new meals. Hopefully they'll update their glassware and crockery - bigger tumblers would really be appreciated as they currently are too small for a proper G&T.
Interesting. Although, so far the choices for my flights this summer are still the same. Online it shows the same dishes that were in rotation the last 6 months or so.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold/AF Flying Blue Platinum/ TK Miles and Smiles Elite
Edit.

Last edited by giancarlosil; May 5, 2018 at 11:00 am Reason: Edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.