Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by lukulius
I just checked my business flight from ATH to AMS and I got options (can't post pictures):
  • Veal Fillet with Creamy Rosemary Sauce, Grilled Capsicums with Chestnut Potato Mash and Grilled Zucchini
  • Grilled Fillet of Grey Mullet on a bed of Saffron Cous Cous with Vegetables, Fish Sauce with Lemon Confit and Dried Cranberries
  • Chicken Leg Scaloppini with Basil Pesto Orzo, Sage sauce and Grilled Pleurotus Mushrooms
Great, this means that the selection is variable- Initially I thought it might be standardized to the same 3 dishes (I know, sounds stupid :P).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
A new year, new Aegean flights Yesterday I flew from AMS which was a wonderful experience. The purser was especially impressive, pro-actively refreshing drinks and doing some of the announcements in 5 (!!) languages: English, Greek, Spanish, Italian and French. Talking about having a thing for languages!

This quarter there is a new wine list:
W Muscat (Anatolikos)
Malagousia Natura (Zafeirakis)
Merlot (Domain Milea)
Messenicola (Domaine monsieur Nicolas)

I tried the Malagousia but was not overly impressed. Missing some 'bright' notes in my opinion. Though I have to say that doesn't mean much as I am still a novice with wines..

The meal started with an appetizer having marinated octopus, shrimp and zucchini. Great flavour, and the zucchini was cooked perfectly: Not raw, not mush.

The mains offer a choice between beef and chicken. Went with the chicken which was delicious: Extremely soft and juicy, potatoes and caramelized onions. Only downside is that this dish was somewhat oily..

Desert was the least impressive. Personally I'm not a fan of cream based sweets so besides the kataifi-looking thing I left most of it.

Upon arrival in Athens at the (remote) stand the few Business pax were picked up by car instead of bus, which was a nice experience a well.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
I also see cost efficiency as one of the reasons for the introduction of this option. However at the same time I am wondering what will be the consequences if one of the business class passengers -who for example has pre-selected moussaka- changes his mind during the flight for one way or another and asks that he is served with the fish meal.....Could you imagine that he is told that "we don''t have enough fish meals in this flight" ? I don't think so. Let's not forger that business class is premium product and service level requirements are much higher than in the economy class.
The crew would always try to work something out. There are a few spares carried usually but in the event that there was nothing that could be done to be honest the passenger chose it and therefore unless there was something wrong with the meal itself they cant really blame the crew/A3.
You cant please everyone 100% of the time but for instance if you dont eat fish then the option to pre order a meat dish of choice far outweighs any rare dissapointments. Should however you pre order a meal and it fails to be delivered then compensation would be.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackball
Great, this means that the selection is variable- Initially I thought it might be standardized to the same 3 dishes (I know, sounds stupid :P).
Nope lots of options depending on flight and time.

Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:57 am

The choices seem to be only available from a specific date, and only for specific destinations. None of my flights to DUS offer the option, and flights to/from AMS offer the option from the summer season. A flight end of March does not allow to select a meal, while the ones from early April (and onwards) do offer it. One exception is a flight in May, which does not offer any either.

Originally Posted by blackball
For me all flights offer 3 dishes to choose from, but in total I have only seen these five choices. Obviously, from the above posts, there are more options. For me many flights on the same route offer the same options though, which is a bit of a pity.

Chicken Leg with Mushroom Sauce, Groats with Vegetables and Grated Graviera Cheese

Cod Fillet with Tomato Sauce, Herbed Potato Mash, Steamed vegetables and Fresh Oregano leaf

Rib Eye Steak Roasted with a Creamy Pepper Sauce, Herbed Potato Mash, Grilled Red Pepper and Fresh Oregano

Grilled Seabass fillet with Sweet Mustard Sauce, Sweet Potato Pumpkin Mash with Herbs, Dates and Fresh Oregano

Veal Fillet Brochette with Oregano sauce, Baby Oven Potatoes, Pumpkin and Grilled Asparagus
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:22 am
Original Poster

A few more options . Routes I have seen pre order on are AMS BCN CDG FRA LHR LIS MAD MUC PRG SVO TXL

Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Originally Posted by Xandrios
The choices seem to be only available from a specific date, and only for specific destinations. None of my flights to DUS offer the option, and flights to/from AMS offer the option from the summer season. A flight end of March does not allow to select a meal, while the ones from early April (and onwards) do offer it. One exception is a flight in May, which does not offer any either.

For me all flights offer 3 dishes to choose from, but in total I have only seen these five choices. Obviously, from the above posts, there are more options. For me many flights on the same route offer the same options though, which is a bit of a pity.

Chicken Leg with Mushroom Sauce, Groats with Vegetables and Grated Graviera Cheese

Cod Fillet with Tomato Sauce, Herbed Potato Mash, Steamed vegetables and Fresh Oregano leaf

Rib Eye Steak Roasted with a Creamy Pepper Sauce, Herbed Potato Mash, Grilled Red Pepper and Fresh Oregano

Grilled Seabass fillet with Sweet Mustard Sauce, Sweet Potato Pumpkin Mash with Herbs, Dates and Fresh Oregano

Veal Fillet Brochette with Oregano sauce, Baby Oven Potatoes, Pumpkin and Grilled Asparagus

My wife has booked the morning flight to AMS on March 22nd (still W17). I just looked up her booking options in the website and would like to advise that she is given the choice between the Asparagus omelette and the baked one.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster

My wife has booked the morning flight to AMS on March 22nd (still W17). I just looked up her booking options in the website and would like to advise that she is given the choice between the Asparagus omelette and the baked one.

Would be interesting to hear what the Mytilene Island option is like.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:55 am

I also see cost efficiency as one of the reasons for the introduction of this option. However at the same time I am wondering what will be the consequences if one of the business class passengers -who for example has pre-selected moussaka- changes his mind during the flight for one way or another and asks that he is served with the fish meal.....Could you imagine that he is told that "we don''t have enough fish meals in this flight" ? I don't think so. Let's not forger that business class is premium product and service level requirements are much higher than in the economy class.
Being told that a meal choice is no longer available happens continuously on all airlines that offer choices of main meals in business class. As such, this would be nothing extraordinary, and it has happened to me several times, notably (if I remember correctly) on AF, UA and A3. As for the passenger who ordered moussaka instead of fish, I don't think that (s)he will suffer so much so that (s)he will not fly again with A3.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
They could have made the pictures to look more appetizing! All the above look too sterile to me!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:08 am

Nörgler!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
They could have made the pictures to look more appetizing! All the above look too sterile to me!
Actually it will be interesting to see what they look like in real life as with all professional images they often look different when served at 37,000 ft.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:19 am

I'm booked for March 12 and March 31, both do not offer the choice. Very strange; Perhaps it is related to how long ago the booking was made as well (May 2017 for me, quite some time ago).

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Actually it will be interesting to see what they look like in real life as with all professional images they often look different when served at 37,000 ft.
I think that many of the dishes have already been 'in rotation' for a while, and some have definitely been posted in this thread before
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I think that many of the dishes have already been 'in rotation' for a while, and some have definitely been posted in this thread before
Which maybe answers the question that they look nothing like the professional pics as I cant remember them . I will await pics over the next few weeks.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I'm booked for March 12 and March 31, both do not offer the choice. Very strange; Perhaps it is related to how long ago the booking was made as well (May 2017 for me, quite some time ago).

I made the ATH-AMS booking on December 16th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.