Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I learned from my experience in 2022 that you can't order special meals anymore in A3 economy because one option is a meat sandwich and the other one is always a VGML sandwich (vegan) which is also low salt, safe for diabetics, non lactose, raw vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free and low calorie at the same time, covering most options for special meal requests.
JacobNL and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
It's an indication you need to crank up that browser's zoom or use a larger monitor . (absolutely no offence intended )
I see (no pun intended)! Yep, I guess that's what hapens if one reads FT at 4 am... The bad thing is that I always thought that my Apple retina screen is the best money can buy.
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:20 pm

Question late dinner options?

Anyone has an idea what is currently served as a late dinner option pls? Will fly DUB-ATH on Friday (hopefully in biz) and curious

Last edited by romans; Oct 5, 2022 at 2:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Aegean Food Beverage in C

Far better than BA or Lufty if I choose to fly from my local airport and connect.

BA and Aegean food/beverage similar with hot food main course. The Greek Style and Smile wins this boy over though. Aegean win for me as seat space in C is better.

Aegean however tend to serve everything at once and then follow up. Us Brits prefer a drink and nuts first and then the main meal and subsequent digestif.

But I have only used Aegean from FRA or MUC as connecting from Birmingham (my local airport ). so shorter flight length dictates probably.....

Quality of Food and Beverage 100% better than Lufthansa frankly. Alternately Swiss is better than Lufty but Aegean digestif and coffee offering makes this the better choice.

issue is the dash at German or Swiss Airports when flights get delayed which influences often me more to BA and their miles!

Anyhow Food & Beverage for Aegean European/Egypt flights are well done in Business and I always enjoy them.

reds
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hot meals are back in economy folks

On tonight's WAW-ATH described as pizza! Vegan hot alternative was also offered (similar warm pastry).

Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
Hot meals are back in economy folks

On tonight's WAW-ATH described as pizza! Vegan hot alternative was also offered (similar warm pastry).
We’ll, hot snacks not really meals! On the other hand we shouldn’t really complain. BA offers a small bag of crisps even on 5 hours flight, Lufthansa a tiny chocolate and so on. Aegean is just below Turkish at the moment when it comes to catering in economy intra Europe
hugolover, romans and Harper50505 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
We’ll, hot snacks not really meals! On the other hand we shouldn’t really complain. BA offers a small bag of crisps even on 5 hours flight, Lufthansa a tiny chocolate and so on. Aegean is just below Turkish at the moment when it comes to catering in economy intra Europe
Yeah, true, but hot snacks were only offered on shorter routes before Covid (usually the pasta), so I am guessing the longer routes will now have 'meals'. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. The rolls were getting a bit stale. Pardon the pun
romans likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:49 pm

Nice! Let's see what they offer next week on my flight to Germany. Still no (special) meal options available in "my booking" (which they had when serving hot meals pre-covid, or that hot pasta anyway), so I 'd say there's a chance they simply served the "pizza" (snack) simply instead of the cold snack, without actually returning meal services to "normal" hot meals.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:42 am

ATH-VIE economy today. Pasta....but not hot
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its not quite up there yet, but things seem to slowly be improving in Economy. I don't think they have served anything else besides cookies and sandwiches for 2 years!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
@Xandrios Well said
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:04 pm

another data point from this morning A3 631 DUB-ATH (eco)

hot meal!

now on A3720 ATH-LIS, gate upgrade to biz, looking forward

Last edited by romans; Oct 7, 2022 at 11:10 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:30 am

No warm bread roll??
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
No warm bread roll??
no sorry

A3720 ATH-LIS in BIZ - classic

+ some prosecco
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: A3*G / LH
A3803 MUC-ATH - Lunch Menu

The beef main was really good!

Doesn’t look great but tasted superb!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.