Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giorginho
I flew HAJ-ATH last Saturday, but I couldn't pre-select my "business" meal (without counting the standard options available to everyone, i.e. Low calories, no lactose, vegetarian, etc.). I hope I get to use this feature in the future, I've already been told once that my preferred meal wasn't available any longer, because most of the other J pax already ordered it before the FA took my order.
Sometimes if you email M&B with booking details you can ask them to send a request to select your preferred choice if for some reason it is not showing when you log into your booking online.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Just to test things out, I've been through my future bookings LHR-ATH, about one every three to four weeks for the rest of the year and I was able to choose from the in flight menu on both directions for all flights.

One of these flights was booked for November as soon as bookings went live and I know I chose something then which subsequently disappeared and I've seen that happen before when the menu changes because after all, you are only pre-choosing from what will be available on the flight rather than from a wider range of dishes - but it would be nice if a wider choice was available - hint!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I don't see it on my upcoming bookings to either RAK or LIS, but it IS available on MAD, so I guess it's just on certain key routes, presumably on the more business-heavy ones.
Last week, I booked for my family two business class award tickets using M&B miles and one Y ticket for myself upgraded to C with vouchers. Special menu is available just for award tickets. For myself I can choose meals from drop-list only.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Chicken with hummus

Pre-ordered the chicken with hummus for ATH -LHR flight. Looked great...

But this is what was served...

Oh dear!
Gnopps and Xandrios like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
It's extremely interesting to go back in time in this thread to see how the food has evolved over the last 5 years, especially when they switched to the 'gastronomics' menu (of course, this is pure marketing and says nothing about the quality). Damn, I miss the trio of desserts!

Thank you @DELLAS for starting this thread.
lhrpete, DELLAS, bcnfish and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
Pre-ordered the chicken with hummus for ATH -LHR flight. Looked great...

But this is what was served...

Oh dear!

Looks more like chicken korma lol
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackball
It's extremely interesting to go back in time in this thread to see how the food has evolved over the last 5 years, especially when they switched to the 'gastronomics' menu (of course, this is pure marketing and says nothing about the quality). Damn, I miss the trio of desserts!

Thank you @DELLAS for starting this thread.
Thanks . When I started it I did not expect it to be so popular and wanted it as a resource for all of us to make use of. Im really glad it has proven popular and thanks to everyone who has helped make it what it is. Considering the size of our forum it has punched above its weight compared to larger FF forums. Long may it continue .
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Looks more like chicken korma lol
My medical background leads me to very different thoughts, but I'll refrain from even providing their Latin or Greek terms, for obvious reasons...
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
What's with all those silly arty-farty pictures anyway?

It would be far better, if they showed the meals as they're actually served to passengers. At least that way you can get some idea about the size of the portions etc...

Definitely seems that the quality has taken a hit in recent times too. Would be interesting to know if the same people are still in charge of catering as 3 years ago for example.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Gastronomics actually made things worse
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Yes - if you compare the pleasantly arranged C meals from some years ago with the above chicken/hummus, there is quite some degradation.
but also the Y menus: they used to be pretty nice, almost comparable to C meals of other airlines - and are now reduced to some wobbly pasta with 2 pieces of chicken in it.
Definitely sad, but it seems that the spirit of maximizing profits doesn’t spare Aegean either...
lhrpete and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Just out of curiosity has anyone ordered Kosher or Indian food on Aegean.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Not sure about hindu but I had moslem which has always been great (well haven't had it for a couple of years) and kosher which was inedible for my standards. All in Y
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G
FCO - ATH, C, late flight (22.00 - 01.00 +1).
The plate in the first picture was not very well presented and I had the feeling that both the chicken and the veal were a bit "gummy". I liked the food in the *A lounge in FCO more
The chocolate cake at the end was OK, nothing special.

Chicken thigh in tomato, olive and feta sauce, with a parsely potato mash

Grilled veal fillet with caper sauce, with parsley potato mash, sauteed spinach and cherry tomato config
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:55 pm

ANd here is the Y meal on FCO/ATH also on A3653. Poor meal but then*A lounge is really good with nice staff and local Italian food (too bad it closes 21.15).

Last edited by jerry_greece; Aug 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.