Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Not to get too off topic, but my friend had something not so dissimilar from Lufthansa recently. He sent in request with details, and within 10 minutes received an email saying,

which is wrong regarding compensation and even if not, the additional expenses are still required to be reimbursed. But anyways, my point is, rather than continue arguing with Lufthansa, send your partner to sp. It is very easy to do. Will take months before they respond, but basically, just fill out the forms on the website, https://soep-online.de, and then some time between 3 and 9 months from now, they will tell you they are investigating, and ask Lufthansa to respond, and most likely, find in your favour without you having to add anything. So it is very slow, but also very simple. I highly recommend it as otherwise, Lufthansa gets what they want and save all of the money they owe.
Here's an update. My wife followed AlwaysFlyStar's advice (thanks a lot!!!) and submitted to SOEP her "story" plus all pertinent copies of receipts as pdfs. She got a reply from them today that LH would accept paying all of her expenses! Moreover, if they don't do it within six weeks SOEP promised to follow up!
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Today's flight was not up to the standards that I'm used to with A3. The male FA put in charge of the business class section seemed fairly new, and the service was pretty minimalistic. This was a more leisure route which makes me wonder if the service standards perhaps are different between, say, AMS and EIN?

Had preselected the meal (Beef steak with potato croquettes), but was served the same braised beef-on-pasta dish that I've tried a few times already. Also everything was served on the tray at once, and bread not heated up. Covers still on the food. Had to ask for coffee after the meal and there was no further service offered until landing.

Had asked for the Mantinia white but the FA was unfamiliar. Thats a bit of a red flag considering its a very well known wine region within Greece, and regularly featured through various A3 wines. Had to point it out on the menu. Wine was nice though!

Last edited by Xandrios; Nov 23, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Old Nov 30, 2023, 11:04 am
Original Poster

LHR - ATH

It was a near perfect flight. Pre departure drinks amazing professional crew. All looked great in their uniforms even the male one.

Crew worked their socks off for the whole flight with drinks , meal service , coffees and liqueurs after meal service.

Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
LHR - ATH

It was a near perfect flight. Pre departure drinks amazing professional crew. All looked great in their uniforms even the male one.

Crew worked their socks off for the whole flight with drinks , meal service , coffees and liqueurs after meal service.
That is really good news. Let's hope it's the new normal. I don't think I've been offered a pre-meal drink LHR-ATH or the other way round or on routes of similar length post pandemic.
DELLAS, tmac100 and KATERGOO like this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harper50505
That is really good news. Let's hope it's the new normal. I don't think I've been offered a pre-meal drink LHR-ATH or the other way round or on routes of similar length post pandemic.
Yes based on previous posts I was not expecting one .
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: CA*Platinium Marriott*Titanium
Hi, does someone know will business class provide hot meals on A3626 ATH-AMS 13:05-15:45/13:40-16:10? What's more, for 3h40m duration, will dessert be served at last or just "one-tray" on? Thank you so much, I am new and going to book it but confused.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by andrew_wong
Hi, does someone know will business class provide hot meals on A3626 ATH-AMS 13:05-15:45/13:40-16:10?
Of course. What else could business class on an international flight of this duration provide?

What's more, for 3h40m duration, will dessert be served at last or just "one-tray" on? Thank you so much, I am new and going to book it but confused.
How is it important to know this info beforehand? Why don't you leave something to find out on the flight?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: CA*Platinium Marriott*Titanium
Originally Posted by ariadgr_
Of course. What else could business class on an international flight of this duration provide?

How is it important to know this info beforehand? Why don't you leave something to find out on the flight?
Haha Thank you for your information. Because I used to fly TAPs flight 16:0518:45 but didnt provide hot meals for dinner, so I am afraid for 13:05 departure there will only have cold meals.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:54 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor
Nobody says for the hot towel service...
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gioannis13
We got hot towels also

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by gioannis13
Actually I already wrote about hot towels (as well as pre-departure drinks) here back on June 24th for a June 23rd flight (not from LHR, but a shorter flight anyway!). I forgot to mention this about our October flights but those too had hot towels (we were even offered a 2nd round of those ​​​​​​) and pre-departure drinks.
It strikes me as odd, that they'd take this long to bring them back back on the LHR service.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:33 am

Haha Thank you for your information. Because I used to fly TAPs flight 16:0518:45 but didnt provide hot meals for dinner, so I am afraid for 13:05 departure there will only have cold meals.
Hot meals on short haul TAP are unfortunately a thing of the past which is a pity because they were better than most. That said, the cold ones are still way above average but - cold.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
After reading several positive comments about recent A3 bus class flights, I AM looking forward to my RT LIS-ATH in mid-January 2024. 😉
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Terribly delayed flight yesterday due to bad weather at AMS. Got in so late that all connecting transport had left and I had to overnight mid-trip at an intermediate point. Not Aegean's fault but it did make this a stressful flight for sure

Crew was not overly attentive but happy to bring extra drinks when requested. Finally was able to try the new beef meal with potato croquettes.. I liked the potato thing even though it was not crispy and more alike a cheesy mash (Very cheesy!). The beef itself was very tough and I was quite difficult to cut. Flavour was good. The appetizer was great, nice and fresh with some tasty shrimp.

Dessert was great with a cappuccino
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
I must say, the food is definitely looking better than all that mishy mashy stuff they were serving about a year ago!
DELLAS and Harper50505 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.