FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

romans Jul 21, 2020 7:03 am

flew RHO-ATH-VIE in the morning today, both segments upgraded to "I", first segment reissued day before fly (had whole biz cabin for us - 2 of 8), second one almost full (11 of 12), overall happy to fly my first J with Aegean (especially because of social distancing these days) but same time sad because of no proper food, no proper service.

unusualtravelblog Jul 23, 2020 6:23 pm

My Parents with No status fly JSI-ATH-BRU with OA/A3 on 1 ticket. I used my vouchers to upgrade ATH-BRU stretch. Are they entitled to business class luggage restrictions and priority boarding in JSI?

Knobbgb Jul 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog (Post 32554493)
My Parents with No status fly JSI-ATH-BRU with OA/A3 on 1 ticket. I used my vouchers to upgrade ATH-BRU stretch. Are they entitled to business class luggage restrictions and priority boarding in JSI?

They should get the luggage allowance - 2x32kg. check the ticket online and it will tell you exactly. As for priority boarding - no, they're not entitled to that as JSI. Anway, it isn't really a "thing" at such a small airport. The agents will probably make the standard announcement of business/gold pax boarding first but then totally ignore it and board the entire scrum that crowds the gate. It's a 68 seat turboprop and everyone will fit on the same bus anyway.

romans Jul 23, 2020 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb (Post 32554943)
They should get the luggage allowance - 2x32kg. check the ticket online and it will tell you exactly. As for priority boarding - no, they're not entitled to that as JSI. Anway, it isn't really a "thing" at such a small airport. The agents will probably make the standard announcement of business/gold pax boarding first but then totally ignore it and board the entire scrum that crowds the gate. It's a 68 seat turboprop and everyone will fit on the same bus anyway.

priority boarding doesn't work at the moment anyway, first window seating, then middle, then aisle and then gold and business.

giorginho Jul 24, 2020 12:02 am

Small data input:
My P Tickets that were "covidly" re-booked into Y and J are not upgradeable. While this does not surprise me very much, I do find it very strange that I get the miles for the re-booked fare (J-Y) and not P (keep in mind these were 100,00% free re-bookings, I never paid anything more than P nor did I pay any fees) and at the same time the system still "reads" P regarding upgrades. (this is a bit unfortunate, since my upcoming flight has at least 4 seats available as I fares, upgrade bid is at min. 75€ but I don't think it's worth it, even though I will be paying 25€ for a 23kg piece of luggage :()
​​​​​​

romans Jul 24, 2020 12:14 am

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32554961)
Small data input:
My P Tickets that were "covidly" re-booked into Y and J are not upgradeable. While this does not surprise me very much, I do find it very strange that I get the miles for the re-booked fare (J-Y) and not P (keep in mind these were 100,00% free re-bookings, I never paid anything more than P nor did I pay any fees) and at the same time the system still "reads" P regarding upgrades. (this is a bit unfortunate, since my upcoming flight has at least 4 seats available as I fares, upgrade bid is at min. 75€ but I don't think it's worth it, even though I will be paying 25€ for a 23kg piece of luggage :()
​​​​​​

I would call them

giorginho Jul 24, 2020 2:13 am

Originally Posted by romans (Post 32554978)
I would call them

You can only request an coupon-upgrade by calling, so needless to say, I already called (and that's where the info came from)... ;)

GVA Jul 24, 2020 9:31 am

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32555119)
You can only request an coupon-upgrade by calling, so needless to say, I already called (and that's where the info came from)... ;)

You’re probably running into agents who were asked to look at the fare basis rather than the rebooked fare class.

This is why they correctly identify your booking as P whereas you were rebooked into Y.

giorginho Jul 24, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by GVA (Post 32555833)
You’re probably running into agents who were asked to look at the fare basis rather than the rebooked fare class.

So you mean that if an agent somehow looks (only) at the rebooked fare class then the system will not "deny" the upgrade (the ones I talked to also were aware of the rebooked fare class, but they told me it doesn't count)?

georgetasioulis Jul 25, 2020 7:44 am

Booked RHO-ATH-LHR and return in Flex today, only to realize they are U & T class which are not upgradable. I thought only GoLight tickets would get this fare class...

headingwest Jul 25, 2020 7:48 am

Originally Posted by georgetasioulis (Post 32557660)
Booked RHO-ATH-LHR and return in Flex today, only to realize they are U & T class which are not upgradable. I thought only GoLight tickets would get this fare class...

All Flex fares ARE upgradable. It's P, U, T GoLIght fares that you can't upgrade.

georgetasioulis Jul 25, 2020 8:50 am

Hmm, sounds like you're right - I called them and while there was no immediate availability I was put into waiting list.

Carpacchio Jul 30, 2020 5:32 am

Just upgraded 2 flights in mid October. Although there was no "I" availability when I looked for an award flight on the M&B page, the lady on the phone confirmed direct upgrades when I called.

romans Sep 2, 2020 1:33 pm

unused upgrade coupons

is there any nice soul who has 1 upgrade coupon & which will definitely not use? just curious ;) sorted

powergean Sep 2, 2020 2:40 pm

,,is there any nice soul who has upgrade coupon” Yes , i am! But not giving them to You!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have 3 till 28 febr. If i dont need them, will tell you soon.