Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Switching program due to the new rules from A3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

So I recently joined A3's M&B and was about to put in some miles to get an elite status when I received the notice of changing the program.. Now it will take me 48k to get *G which would be difficult to me and therefore am thinking about using another program for my travels.

I'm based in the North America and usually fly economy class, maybe fly ~15k-20k a year, depending on the years.

I currently have the UA membership so I can simply put in more miles in there and hope to redeem some free tickets but UA is switching to a new way of counting miles based on the price of ticket you buy (http://mileageplusupdates.com/), and that's not looking good for regular members (5k miles round trip ticket costs about 400 USD and using the new metric it only worth about 2k).

Another frequent flyer program I'm looking at is OZ's, which you can get *G for 40k in two years or *S for 20k in two years. *S seemed not too difficult to obtain and even *G seemed doable if I stretch a bit. Giving me the actual opportunity to get an elite status. Even though redeeming tickets seemed more difficult (uses more miles). But they still got the family program.

Any thoughts on what I should do and any recommended programs for people like myself? Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Please discuss topics in their appropriate forum, thins has nothing to do with A3's M&B.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:25 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
ladanianw, welcome to FT.

If you're looking for very generic advice, as kanor has indicated you will probably find better information in a different forum.

You might find this thread, in the Star Alliance forum, useful:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you NWIFlyer!

I will look into those posts!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
This might not be a bad topic, specific to outgoing A3 members. Rather than mixed in wih the general discussion it is just focused on "where do we go from here?"
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:24 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

Obviously no-one could stop you starting a thread, but it's worth saying:
- M&B still exists. These sort of threads are really more relevant when a FFP is closing - for instance, BD's Diamond Club where there was lots of information sharing on available status matches, including to A3.

- There is already a thread on the *A forum, which is more likely to have the generic knowledge needed and likely draws more visitors and therefore more knowledge than here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.