Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

are bonus United miles qualifying on Aegean?

are bonus United miles qualifying on Aegean?

Old Jan 7, 14, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Question are bonus United miles qualifying on Aegean?

I have emailed Aegean asking this question, but have recieved no response.

I am taking a first class United flight from SNA to ORD in feburary. On the Aegean website it states that united first class fligths are awarded 300% bonus miles. It does not state wether these are qualifying miles. I wanted to know if anybody knew if those bonus miles are qualifying?

I was also wondering if anybody has booked international flights using Aegean miles before. I want a flight from LAX to ROME in the lowest booking class; however, I cannot confirm how many miles it would be. My assumtion is 60,000 from the information listed on their website. It is unclear wether that is round trip or one way. Or maybe I am not understanding it at all.

hope to hear form you soon!
Old Jan 7, 14, 3:36 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
The International awards are always round trip: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/ (The above mileage values apply to return flights
For one-way flights, the above-mentioned mileage values apply in half. ). So yes - if you want Economy ticket, it is 60K.

From T&C; CHAPTER 5: AEGEAN PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRLINE COMPANIES-MEMBERS OF STAR ALLIANCE:

The miles collected on any flight within the Star Alliance network correspond both to Award Miles and Tier Miles.

PS: And the chart says Accrual factor, NOT Bonus miles for the 300%

Last edited by Venabili; Jan 7, 14 at 3:39 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 4, 14, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Venabili View Post
The International awards are always round trip: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/ (The above mileage values apply to return flights
For one-way flights, the above-mentioned mileage values apply in half. ). So yes - if you want Economy ticket, it is 60K.

From T&C; CHAPTER 5: AEGEAN PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRLINE COMPANIES-MEMBERS OF STAR ALLIANCE:

The miles collected on any flight within the Star Alliance network correspond both to Award Miles and Tier Miles.

PS: And the chart says Accrual factor, NOT Bonus miles for the 300%
So if I fly SEA-DEN (1,024 miles) DEN-LAX (862 miles) on the same itin, fare bucket A, I would earn 1,866 miles x 300% accrual factor - or 1,500 (segment) minimum miles x 300% accrual factor? Thanks for any comments/input/clarification.
Old Jun 4, 14, 9:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ghostboy View Post
So if I fly SEA-DEN (1,024 miles) DEN-LAX (862 miles) on the same itin, fare bucket A, I would earn 1,866 miles x 300% accrual factor - or 1,500 (segment) minimum miles x 300% accrual factor? Thanks for any comments/input/clarification.
You will earn 3 times the distance you fly in miles, or 1,500 miles if this amount is less than that for any segment.

SEA-DEN will be 3,072 miles.
DEN-LAX will be 2,586 miles.
Old Jun 4, 14, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
You will earn 3 times the distance you fly in miles, or 1,500 miles if this amount is less than that for any segment.

SEA-DEN will be 3,072 miles.
DEN-LAX will be 2,586 miles.
Thank you