Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines launches ATH-AUH EY to place codeshare on A3 flights

Old Dec 19, 13, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Announced that A3 will commence from 30th March 2014 flights from ATH-AUH and will co operate with EY who will place their flight numbers on it and sell onto the Islands. Also code shares on major A3 and EY routes.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=456
Old Dec 19, 13, 8:49 pm

IIRC a few years ago OA used to have a similar cooperation/code share arrangement with Etihad. I wanted to use this from HER to Cape Town but I remember that the "single ticket" was more expensive than two separate tickets with each airline. Perhaps this time it will no longer be the case.
Old Dec 20, 13, 3:00 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
IIRC a few years ago OA used to have a similar cooperation/code share arrangement with Etihad.
Correct
Old Dec 20, 13, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since the merger with OA is now complete, A3 took over the codeshare agreement with EY.
Old Dec 20, 13, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
IIRC a few years ago OA used to have a similar cooperation/code share arrangement with Etihad. I wanted to use this from HER to Cape Town but I remember that the "single ticket" was more expensive than two separate tickets with each airline. Perhaps this time it will no longer be the case.
Probably it will still be the same case as before.
Old Dec 20, 13, 8:49 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Does this mean that the EY flight will stop? I saw the EY (B737?) aircraft in Athens yesterday, so for sure this winter it is still operating..
Old Dec 22, 13, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Does this mean that the EY flight will stop? I saw the EY (B737?) aircraft in Athens yesterday, so for sure this winter it is still operating..
No EY will still use their own metal on their current schedule and A3 will use theirs in the new flights.
Old Mar 9, 15, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Sorry to bump; however, it seems that the Aegean-metal ATH-AUH service, A3942, operates for the final time on Monday, 20 April next. I have a booking on this service during the summer, and the MMB now just says "Unable - Does Not Operate" for my date.

I have seen no announcement anywhere about this apparent termination of AUH services; a quick websearch also yields no mention.

Has anyone else been impacted, or have any further details?

I assume I will not have any trouble being rebooked on an Etihad service instead....

Old Mar 11, 15, 5:50 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Where is it possible to credit the flight?

Hi,

For those who have taken this flight before, to which *A program did you manage to credit these flights besides M&B? My travel companion is not a M&B member - but as I understand for most *A program, it is the operating carrier that counts.

Anyone credited to Etihad own's program for the Etihad operated (but A3 marketed flight?) - if yes, does it count towards your status?

Also, anyone managed to book the chauffeur service to and from the airport? [on the Etihad website it says that as long as it is EY operated, you are eligible, but not sure how to do it online since I only have the A3 PNR).

Cheers!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: