Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star A Lounges at ATH Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:15 am

Overnight lounge access at ATH

Does the Aegean lounge (Schengen) at ATH close overnight? I get mixed info from the Aegean website. I'm looking at a flight schedule that puts me in ATH for 5 hours overnight and would like to spend those hours in a somewhat comfortable environment without going through the hassle of checking in to the airport hotel for 3 hours of sleep.

On the one hand the website says: Operating Hours: 03:00 - 23:00

But at the bottom of the page it reads:

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
00:00-23:59
00:00-23:59 02:00-21:00
00:00-23:59
00:00-23:59 00:00-23:59 00:00-23:59

http://en.aegeanair.com/travel-infor...rport/lounges/
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:26 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
duckiebelgium, firstly welcome to FT and the A3 forum.

I'm afraid the ATH lounge is not 24 hours - the times you see at the bottom of the page relate solely, I believe, to the Larnaca lounge.

There is some seating in the public concourse outside the lounge in Athens which, whilst not particularly comfortable, will at least give you somewhere to rest your legs ahead of the lounge opening. I've done the same myself for a hour having arrived on the red eye from Heathrow whilst waiting for the first domestic to SKG, and it's certainly survivable - I am the living embodiment of that given I'm still breathing!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: A3 *G
On the one hand the website says: Operating Hours: 03:00 - 23:00
A very minor note, depending on when you will travel. Those hours are during the summer only. It doesn't open until 04:00 in the winter. Now, when are summer and winter? Somebody else would have to answer that.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
...Now, when are summer and winter?...
Do you mean astronomically? geographically? philosophically? poetically? or Aegaeopelagically? If the latter, I guess the transition from summer to winter schedule and vice versa. Or is it when the time changes again from daylight-saving to whatever it's called? I'm completely confused!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Do you mean astronomically? geographically? philosophically? poetically? or Aegaeopelagically? If the latter, I guess the transition from summer to winter schedule and vice versa. Or is it when the time changes again from daylight-saving to whatever it's called? I'm completely confused!
Yeah, well obviously I probably mean when the schedules change over. I just wanted to make the point that the poster has to be careful to check the opening hours. Actually, thinking about it, IS there really even one date when the schedules change from summer to winter? The seasonal routes I've traveled on all seem to start and finish on different dates. E.g. I was looking forward to coming back from DUB to ATH at the end of September or early October but the last flight is on 19th September! The BHX route is similar - the first year it ran into October but last year they terminated a few weeks earlier.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
In a couple of weeks I am flying from ATH to EVN. Any piece of advice on which lounge to use in terminal A (extra-Schengen)? Preferably something with warm food. The options appearing on *A's website are the following:
  • Aegean Business Lounge A
  • Aristotelis Onassis Lounge
  • Melina Merkuri Lounge
  • BA Terraces Lounge
  • Goldair Lounge
  • Swissport Executive Lounge
  • Skyserv
Which of those lounges am I entitled to acces, as an A3*G, flying A3 on C class? I would like also to be able to invite my colleague as well, flying on the same flight (she has no status, and she has been booked on Y).

Usually I fly most of my extra-Schengen trips from ARN or CPH, but a couple of months ago I used the Goldair lounge in ATH, and it was pretty decent. But then I was flying TK on C, so I do not know if I am entitled to use it this time. When flying intra-Schengen from ATH I usually prefer the LH lounge (if it is not too crowded), since food options there are far superior compared to the A3 lounge (albeit I opt for the latter if I have to spend several hours in ATH, and I need to work during this time, since it is a bit nicer than the LH one). Any similar lounge in terminal A, ideally with warm food selection (not just snacks)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: A3*G
The revamped A3 Lounge is quite nice and you'll be able to invite your colleague, though it's true the buffet leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think you're eligible to any of the other lounges anyway.
East_and_West likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:36 am

As of two months ago, the A3 non-Schengen lounge still had that newly opened glow about it, with snacks I found to be of much higher quality than any other lounge at ATH; the sandwiches may have been particularly fresh as I was there at 6am, but their bread and contents were bakery quality; as for warm food I only recall spanakopita and tyropita (much tastier than in the past).
Even the bathroom supplies were high quality Korres ones, admittedly in household, not commercial, containers, so I expect they will revert to the mean eventually.

The food at the Onassis and Merkouri lounges is a pale shadow of their offerings a decade ago.
Swissport's was never noteworthy.
I seem to recall Goldair was indeed 'pretty decent'.

If you are A3*G on A3 C non-Schengen and don't have Priority Pass, your only option will indeed be the A3 lounge. I found it better than average for Europe - it being new and empty may have helped.
East_and_West likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
The revamped A3 Lounge is quite nice and you'll be able to invite your colleague, though it's true the buffet leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think you're eligible to any of the other lounges anyway.
Originally Posted by monahos
As of two months ago, the A3 non-Schengen lounge still had that newly opened glow about it, with snacks I found to be of much higher quality than any other lounge at ATH; the sandwiches may have been particularly fresh as I was there at 6am, but their bread and contents were bakery quality; as for warm food I only recall spanakopita and tyropita (much tastier than in the past).
Even the bathroom supplies were high quality Korres ones, admittedly in household, not commercial, containers, so I expect they will revert to the mean eventually.

The food at the Onassis and Merkouri lounges is a pale shadow of their offerings a decade ago.
Swissport's was never noteworthy.
I seem to recall Goldair was indeed 'pretty decent'.
@MrArkadin and @monahos thanks for your prompt replies, that is good to know.

Originally Posted by monahos
If you are A3*G on A3 C non-Schengen and don't have Priority Pass, your only option will indeed be the A3 lounge. I found it better than average for Europe - it being new and empty may have helped.
I have indeed no PriorityPass. It would be nice to check out the revamped A3 lounge anyway, and as my flight is late at night it may be quite calm and nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.