N, G, P, E, A, T, L, K 50% 250
Economy Discounted (1)
N, G, P, E, A 0%

Note:
(1) – domestic Canada

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...es/#AIR CANADA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
Wonderful... so the flights that I have booked for next month in T+ now only get half mileage credit because they happen to be a K fare. That's a nice New Year's gift.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Same for me, but mine are booked in L...Before this, I would have got *G on the year. Now, not so much. Thanks for nothing.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:34 pm

Does anyone know if this happens to be a mistake? And if A3 will change this?

I understand that T/L/K are T fares for certain int'l flights; however, T/L/K remain T+ fares on intra-Canada flights. Perhaps A3 made a mistake?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised. There's rumours on this board of aegean crediting miles on fares where none were due. However, I wish they would have added a "on tickets booked after [date]" disclaimer. It seems it would be more fair that way.

We will have to wait and see, I suppose. It seems someone is wrong here, either AC or aegean. I suspect it probably has something to do with the recent move to place Tango on all international fares.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jcamp028
We will have to wait and see, I suppose. It seems someone is wrong here, either AC or aegean. I suspect it probably has something to do with the recent move to place Tango on all international fares.
Or A3 was not too happy about this.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Or A3 was not too happy about this.
yes, however, it doesn't seem like a measured response. Aeroplan still credits 100% of miles flown on the majority of their fare buckets. Aegean, even before the recent change, offered 0% miles on some AC flights.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:30 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
This is not exactly a surprise - AC cut their own earnings months ago. If you look across at the AC board, and do a search, you'll find that their company representative has stated that all fares previously booked as T+ would be re-classified so they remained as T+ rather than drop to T. (I purposefully took a screenshot at the time, just in case it was edited later.)

The re-classification should have happened months ago, but this is AC ...

Probably worth a PM to the lurker to see what's happening if your MMB (like mine) still hasn't been amended.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
This is not exactly a surprise - AC cut their own earnings months ago. If you look across at the AC board, and do a search, you'll find that their company representative has stated that all fares previously booked as T+ would be re-classified so they remained as T+ rather than drop to T. (I purposefully took a screenshot at the time, just in case it was edited later.)

The re-classification should have happened months ago, but this is AC ...

Probably worth a PM to the lurker to see what's happening if your MMB (like mine) still hasn't been amended.
AC reclassified K/L/T as T fares int'l flights. These fare classes earn 50% on AC. Therefore, yes, I do agree that they should earn 50% on A3.

However, on intra-Canada flights, booking classes K/L/T remain T+ and earn 100% on AC. That is where the issue lies with me. I'm fine for K/L/T earning 50% for int'l flights, but not for domestic.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
AC reclassified K/L/T as T fares int'l flights. These fare classes earn 50% on AC. Therefore, yes, I do agree that they should earn 50% on A3.

However, on intra-Canada flights, booking classes K/L/T remain T+ and earn 100% on AC. That is where the issue lies with me. I'm fine for K/L/T earning 50% for int'l flights, but not for domestic.
The issue here, of course, is that the OP (and others, including me) booked prior to the October downgrade, when we had T+ tickets (and doubtless purposefully choose them to get 100% earnings). Retrospectively changing the earnings for a given fare class, but keeping the actual ticket conditions the same, is annoying but something we've all got used to. Actually downgrading the value of the ticket itself into an entirely different category as well is different. AC promised to amend all booking classes back into T+ ones - they haven't done that.

We might get used to broken promises from airlines, particularly AC, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't push to get what's rightfully ours.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
AC promised to amend all booking classes back into T+ ones - they haven't done that.
Didn't ACTT say that all T+ T/L/K fares purchased before the realignment were being rebooked so that they were still T+ fares?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Didn't ACTT say that all T+ T/L/K fares purchased before the realignment were being rebooked so that they were still T+ fares?
no, just that they would credit them 100% to Aeroplan retroactively (ie, adjust your earnings). This was a lie when it came to non-ac issued tickets however, they didnt (couldnt?) adjust those earnings.

As someone who just made A3*G 2 weeks ago on a longhaul AC K fare - looks like i got in just in time.

AC KLT still credits 100% to UA - but with A3 (and US) changing earnings recently - I would certainly not be comforable booking AC KLT fares and expect to earn 100%.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:45 am

Seems like flying T+ intra-canada and crediting to A3 is going to be a lottery then...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by jcamp028
Seems like flying T+ intra-canada and crediting to A3 is going to be a lottery then...
What do you mean by this? Doesn't the table say that it credits 50% (even though it should be 100%)?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:53 pm

don't some T+ fare buckets still earn 100%??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.