Changes to M&B accumulation rates on AC

Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by jcamp028
don't some T+ fare buckets still earn 100%??
The more expensive T+ fares earn 100%, yes. But unfortunately not K, L, T, which (I would say) constitute most T+ fares sold.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Didn't ACTT say that all T+ T/L/K fares purchased before the realignment were being rebooked so that they were still T+ fares?
it was also posted as a news article on their website and is still there.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/121016_b.html

I got caught by this change before the mileage downgrade. I had T+ tickets for myself and my wife flying via Toronto to Miami in november and suddenly the website insisted i had a tango fare. Multiple calls to reservations, web helpdesk and even complaints didn't resolve the issue as noone really seemed to understand what the problem was.

When we flew it became obvious - the flight had been rebooked, into S, for the TATL segment but the Canada to US segment had always been a Tango fare class so that was what had been showing online due to some bug or other problem.

Of course I have other flights in march now which are hit by this, sadly I knowingly booked those as T and not T+ so it's entirely my own fault since it was obvious this was coming at some point - I was gambling on it it being for another few months.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
I sent a quick email to Aegean right after this announcement, inquiring about whether tickets purchased pre-announcement would be treated under the old accrual rates, as well as the status of K, L and T fares being flex in Canada/transborder, but Tango internationally, and received this response (not quite 2 weeks later...)

In reply to your query we would like to clarify that the credit of the miles depends on the date of the flight, not the date of the booking.

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...s-conditions/:

CHAPTER 5: AEGEAN PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRLINE COMPANIES-MEMBERS OF STAR ALLIANCE

MILES ACCRUAL FROM STAR-ALLIANCE FLIGHTS:

To register Miles in an Account, the corresponding flight must be realised by the Member. Miles are earned and registered on a fare-basis, in accordance with the published Mile Accrual Charts per Star Alliance member-carrier, as they appear on the official AEGEAN website, specifically in the Miles&Bonus section. Tickets issued with a fare not included in the existing Star Alliance member-carrier’s Mile Accrual Charts do not earn Miles.

Concerning the change on T,L,K fares, it is according to Miles&Bonus rules and unfortunately it cannot be changed again.

That sucks.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:23 pm

Seems like flying T+ intra-canada and crediting to A3 is going to be a lottery then...
You've got that right. I just got stung by this!

I booked a FLEX ticket YVR/YVR/YVR
YVR/YYZ booked into FLEX/S and posted as 100%
YYZ/YVR booked into FLEX/T and posted as 50%

This is crazy !!!

It's not like you can book online by fare class - just FLEX and take a chance you get a 100% earning class.

Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by todd-r
Seems like flying T+ intra-canada and crediting to A3 is going to be a lottery then...
You've got that right. I just got stung by this!

I booked a FLEX ticket YVR/YVR/YVR
YVR/YYZ booked into FLEX/S and posted as 100%
YYZ/YVR booked into FLEX/T and posted as 50%

This is crazy !!!

It's not like you can book online by fare class - just FLEX and take a chance you get a 100% earning class.

If you book on the AC website, you can see what class you are booked in. It is on the checkout page. If you want to book a different Flex class, you're going to need to call in to book the ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
Angry Another AC Enhancement!

AC just posted some more mileage updates today... Domestic K fares within Canada (which at least used to get 50%) have now been downgraded into Tango, so now earn 0 miles with A3. I hope nobody gets burned by that!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Glad to see that A3 is still allowing 100% on W and S fares that AC has now downgraded to Tango rather than Flex. So glad to be moving entirely to A3 rather than staying with Aeroplan and Air Canada.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Aeroplan was so good few years ago, but now it is just not worth pursuing. The only good thing left is Credit Card churning, and redeem for flights right away.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: AP elite; aa; USair; Delta; NWA
Originally Posted by YOWTraveller
AC just posted some more mileage updates today... Domestic K fares within Canada (which at least used to get 50%) have now been downgraded into Tango, so now earn 0 miles with A3. I hope nobody gets burned by that!
And some fares that earn 100% on AC, only get 50% on A3, and some that earn 25% on AC, get 0 on A3. Clearly AC is also at the same time as it reduces the perks for its own customers, is trying to stem the tide of people like me who now enjoy Gold on A3, and gave up earning points on AC.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hastuk
Glad to see that A3 is still allowing 100% on W and S fares that AC has now downgraded to Tango rather than Flex. So glad to be moving entirely to A3 rather than staying with Aeroplan and Air Canada.
Yes, but I am curious to see if these changes(in accumulation) will eventually be posted on A3's site.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Quote:

On Aegean's site it has two sections now. Earning up to Sept 23 and earning after Sept 24. Hopefully it is up to date. But surely there will be people burned by AC's latest changes.

Originally Posted by hastuk

Yes, but I am curious to see if these changes(in accumulation) will eventually be posted on A3's site.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
[QUOTE=hastuk;21503331][/QUOT

thanks will take a look.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
more changes coming on Jan. 1

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...es/#AIR CANADA
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
also for SN
I guess there will be more coming until christmas, but I doubt that there would be big surprises
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Swiss (LX) as well.
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n-miles/#SWISS
It seems it's only P that gets chopped from 200% to 100% (as is the case under M&M)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.