Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Invalid Member ID / Password?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, TG, US, Priority Club, HHonors, Club Carlson, etc.
Invalid Member ID / Password?

For the past few weeks, I had been checking my M&B account daily to see if miles were posting as I was expecting to reach *Gold with my latest flights on EgyptAir. Yesterday, most of the miles posted and my status updated to gold and I was, momentarily, quite happy. However, I checked today to see if the remaining miles posted and I am now unable to login to my account. Instead, I get the message "Invalid Member ID/Password". I tried calling their number in Greece, was put on hold for 15 minutes then was inexplicably cut off.

I have made no recent changes to my password/account. I'm getting nervous as I have about 40,000 miles credited to A3 just to get *G (had a RT BKK-JFK in Z). I was also hoping to use my *G for an extra bag on UA -- instead of paying the $200 extra bag fee.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and, if so, how did you rectify this?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Try clearing out your cookies and accessing via Chrome or Firefox.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:36 pm

ditto. I just made Blue, and went to check mileage posting and got the same error. Tried on different browser and got same error. Maybe it's their system updating the status? Will try again later this week.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, TG, US, Priority Club, HHonors, Club Carlson, etc.
A bit of a relief that others are experiencing the same. I guess I'll wait and check later.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:29 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I am also unable to log on right now. I made gold a month ago, but haven't flown on another *A flight yet, so hopefully it's just a system-wide glitch.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: None no more
Ditto here,
Should have moved to Gold sometime in the last few days based on some flights last week. So, appears to be an issue for those of us 'in transition'.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:30 pm

Same here. Panicked for a lil while as I thought they've cancelled my membership, with all my points with it. Thank god I'm not the only person to encounter this issue.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

"News" from Europe (Not Greece): the login dialog simply doesn't load on any A3/M&B page. I guess we all have to wait till they fix whatever happened...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Same problem here, cannot login. A colleague tried to register just now, also wasn't able to.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fashionfish
Same problem here, cannot login. A colleague tried to register just now, also wasn't able to.
The system is being updated currently and that is why it is not generally available, of that I have no doubt. I am not sure what is the nature of the system update but there is a system update taking place currently.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The system is available again and logging in and the other stuff is basically back to normal.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
This happens randomly for a few hours from time to time.

Just wait 24 hours and try again, and it always works again. Don't panic and try to reset your password or anything - that will just create complications.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:13 pm

Haven't been able to log in for about 2 days now. If its random, I have to worst luck
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by IAkH
Haven't been able to log in for about 2 days now. If its random, I have to worst luck
No, you are not the only one. I have the same issue.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Wasn't working yesterday until late afternoon. Now this morning I'm no longer able to log back on. I've been logging in daily for the last couple of weeks, not experienced this issue until now.

When other airlines (LH, SK) have maintenance on their website you will hear about it well in advance. Even emergencies would be flagged to customers. Here I've not seen anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.