Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Total: 10'252mi
Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nieszprot
I am not sure whether it was mentioned, but earning for Thai has changed for booking classes T, K, S (decrease) and Z (increase).
​​​​​​It looks like Z class is also a decrease from 200 to 150. Another devaluation!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Too many
How many miles will I earn from a partner flight?

Hi All

Just doing some research on some upcoming flights and not sure how to calculate how many miles I'd end up with on a paid J class fare with Thai but crediting to A3.

Route is FCO-BKK-MEL and the ticket is in J class. I've worked out (i think) that I should get 200% for the route going by ticket booking class and what A3 give Thai flights for miles.

I don't have any status with A3 however have 2 flights on their metal coming up so I may be by then.

Anyone who can assist it would be appreciated!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Hi All

Just doing some research on some upcoming flights and not sure how to calculate how many miles I'd end up with on a paid J class fare with Thai but crediting to A3.

Route is FCO-BKK-MEL and the ticket is in J class. I've worked out (i think) that I should get 200% for the route going by ticket booking class and what A3 give Thai flights for miles.
I am using owenrudge tool for a long time now and I get very accurate estimates.

I don't have any status with A3 however have 2 flights on their metal coming up so I may be by then.
Having a status with Aegean affects only the award miles credited to your account when flying on Aegean or Olympic Air (not other *A partners).
Specifically, "10%/20% (silver/gold) extra award miles whenever you fly with Aegean and Olympic Air, bringing your next reward flight even closer." [1], [2]

[1]: https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rogram/silver/
[2]: https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-program/gold/
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
You're right, and my apologies for misleading everyone. Apparently it's been like this since March 2015, which shows how long it is since I've flown long haul with UA and needed to pay attention. With a considerable amount of humble pie, I've edited my first post.

UA & LH co-operate extensively on TATL routes, and I imagine have a JV in place. I would think AC are also part of that. When the co-operation is that close, cross FFP earning is also likely to align. As A3 is not part of that agreement, it will have less influence. There is no doubt in my mind that LH are paying A3 little or nothing for their discounted fares.
I hadn't thought about the possibility of JV affecting mileage earnings. That could very well be one of the reasons LH P earns in some programs but not A3.

Hi All

Anyone who can assist it would be appreciated!
While TG C, D, J earn 200%, as Jma12 posted, Z only gets 150% now, so you might want to double check.

Originally Posted by Argyris
I am using owenrudge tool for a long time now and I get very accurate estimates.

Having a status with Aegean affects only the award miles credited to your account when flying on Aegean or Olympic Air (not other *A partners).
I believe that Jinxy was referring to the fact that the FCO-BKK-MEL flights would get him/her A3 status by the time the A3 flights came into play. And, based on the 200% earning rate, Jinxy will most certainly hit A3 *S. Assuming that the Tier miles reset after the MEL-BKK flights post, s/he would have ~11k Tier Miles from the BKK-FCO flight that would count towards Gold.

Personally, I use milecalc as a guide for mileage earnings, but IME, there's always some variance. At least for A3 flights, they have the calculator, but it is a pain to not know for sure how much partner flights would earn...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:06 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Argyris
Agreed about Owen Rudge tool, I use it for checking the credit and for partners or A3 I got a result with an error margin of less than 1%
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
There are some fantastic fares in AC Premium Economy from DUS to Canada but it looks like N class (Premium Economy) earns 0 miles in A3 M&B - is this correct?

Nevermind.. the website was playing up and showing me A3 instead of AC
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
Austrian Premium Economy mileage credit

has anyone information about changes in the accrual on Austrian PE? currently all fares are not listed and A3 cutomer relations says bla bla look at the website (that means zero mileage). other carriers, like United changed it last year.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:31 am

Nothing new, so far. I used them to go to Central Europe via Vienna recently, and got 8000 Aegean miles for the 4 short segments in Z, as expected.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Tennen
I believe that Jinxy was referring to the fact that the FCO-BKK-MEL flights would get him/her A3 status by the time the A3 flights came into play. And, based on the 200% earning rate, Jinxy will most certainly hit A3 *S. Assuming that the Tier miles reset after the MEL-BKK flights post, s/he would have ~11k Tier Miles from the BKK-FCO flight that would count towards Gold.

(
I thought that on achieving silver tier miles did not reset until the end of the year meaning that those that achieved silver were kept as part of the number for gold provided you meet the qualification deadline. Provided Jinxy has 4 A3 sectors then FCO-BKK-MEL on a J ticket should get gold on one hit.

Back in the day I got my A3 gold on a single return LHR-ZRH-BKK on LX but then it was so much easier then and the miles that got me silver also got me gold about four days later.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:25 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@Dover2Golf, If you collect 14k miles + 2 legs with A3/OA, then you will need 4 legs with A3/OA + 22k miles (2k miles left from previous tier)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Kenji
has anyone information about changes in the accrual on Austrian PE? currently all fares are not listed and A3 cutomer relations says bla bla look at the website (that means zero mileage). other carriers, like United changed it last year.
At last, since July 1st 2018, the earnings table has been changed to include Austrian PE (booking classes G, E, N) at 100%.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I am not sure how this would play out, but there are some cheap fares from Shenzhen Airlines from LHR to BKK in November. I can see it for less than £300.

The interesting thing is that when I eventually tracked down the booking fare (had to go to Expedia.co.th to find it!), it books into P for the LHR-SZX leg...that's currently listed as First discounted on the A3 accrual chart (hence 150% of miles). My calculations for the whole trip make it 18,972 miles! I wonder how long it will take them to update the chart!

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by headingwest
I am not sure how this would play out, but there are some cheap fares from Shenzhen Airlines from LHR to BKK in November. I can see it for less than £300.

The interesting thing is that when I eventually tracked down the booking fare (had to go to Expedia.co.th to find it!), it books into P for the LHR-SZX leg...that's currently listed as First discounted on the A3 accrual chart (hence 150% of miles). My calculations for the whole trip make it 18,972 miles! I wonder how long it will take them to update the chart!

That's a sweet fare with even better accruals. I can confirm and experienced F bucket Y flights on ZH.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AsianaClub, Sheba
LH's P on A3?

Does anyone know the mapping between Lufthansa's famous P booking class and Aegean?
I'm having an LH business ticket in P. One leg is operated by Aegean. In the A3 booking system, the booking class P is shown (looks like: "Business class, P"). As I know, P is used for the economy by A3. I called Aegean and they repeated, business, booking class P. A bit odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.