Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver
A3 miles on Thai Air trip

Would anyone be able to check my thinking on this? I currently have 9900 A3 miles and an upcoming trip from Islamabad to Chiang Mai via Bangkok in April. Distance seems to be something like 5,426 or so in total, return.

So my question is this: if I book in business on Thai (200% earning on A3) is there any reason why the trip will not earn me 5,426 x 2 = 10,582 miles and therefore tip me over the threshold for A3 Gold? For instance, will the BKK-CNX leg earn me 200% as well, as it's now operated by Thai Smile?

Thanks for any advice. As you might have guessed I'm relatively new to this sort of thing!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:34 pm
wln

Programs: A3 G, UA 2P, US S
Just curious about crediting UA N fares. It isn't listed on A3's site as earning anything, so I assume it does not. However, when A3 last updated their UA earning, N was not a revenue bucket. Am I right to assume that it won't earn anything until A3 updates to include it, or has anyone noticed that it earns anyway? If the latter, 50% or 100% or what? Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:26 am

Thumbs up Good news

Originally Posted by mjgodden
Follow up to this - I contacted NZ via their website and they replied stating that they upgrade to R to denote that the passenger is not entitled to any class of service bonus beyond their original ticketed class. They pay their own Airpoints members based upon original booked class and asked me to ask A3 to send through a manual claim to them and they would honour based on original class, in my case, A.

Will update again as this progresses. Good news so far though.

Mark
Pleased to advise that mileage was credited last week and status changed to *G.

Very pleased.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Anyone have info on united N fares? Found a really good deal of like to pickup for this Friday but all 3 segments are N.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:16 am

LX flight booked on Lufthansa

I had a question for the more experienced Aegean fliers on this thread. I am looking to book a BOS-ZRH-NCE ticket on Lufthansa.com that operates on Swiss and has LX flight codes (can't find same flight on Swiss website). It is an S fare on Lufthansa.com, which gives me 100% miles on Swiss flights but 50% on Lufthansa according to Aegean's tables.

So my question is: Since the flight is listed as an LX flight, even though I book on the Lufthansa website, will it count as a Swiss S fare flight and get me 100% miles?

I hope that makes sense and thanks for any help!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
It should be the operating carrier that counts. However, you need to be careful, as LH S class does not necessarily translates automatically into LX S class. You should call Swiss to find out what is the equivalency for LH S class in LX.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:36 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by victoras
I had a question for the more experienced Aegean fliers on this thread. I am looking to book a BOS-ZRH-NCE ticket on Lufthansa.com that operates on Swiss and has LX flight codes (can't find same flight on Swiss website). It is an S fare on Lufthansa.com, which gives me 100% miles on Swiss flights but 50% on Lufthansa according to Aegean's tables.

So my question is: Since the flight is listed as an LX flight, even though I book on the Lufthansa website, will it count as a Swiss S fare flight and get me 100% miles?
I booked an LX S flight on lufthansa.com and was credited 100%.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by iamaho
It should be the operating carrier that counts. However, you need to be careful, as LH S class does not necessarily translates automatically into LX S class. You should call Swiss to find out what is the equivalency for LH S class in LX.
Thanks for the info. Called both Swiss and Lufthansa. They said they had consolidated their fare classes so that they were the same between airlines. Both reps said if listed as an S class on the Lufthansa site for a Swiss Air flight it would be an S class on Swiss Air when booked. Hopefully they're right and I get the 100% miles with Aegean...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by :D!
I booked an LX S flight on lufthansa.com and was credited 100%.
Thanks! Very helpful! Combined with the rep info, it sounds like things should work and I'll book the LX flight...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by wln
Just curious about crediting UA N fares. It isn't listed on A3's site as earning anything, so I assume it does not. However, when A3 last updated their UA earning, N was not a revenue bucket. Am I right to assume that it won't earn anything until A3 updates to include it, or has anyone noticed that it earns anyway? If the latter, 50% or 100% or what? Thanks.
UA has some great N fares right now, but my understanding is that this is 0% on A3. Also, looking ahead, some average price economy is coming up as N fares. It appears that this may be UA new fare bucket for discounted economy. Hopefully the earning chart is updated soon.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by AS MHT
Originally Posted by wln
UA has some great N fares right now, but my understanding is that this is 0% on A3. Also, looking ahead, some average price economy is coming up as N fares. It appears that this may be UA new fare bucket for discounted economy. Hopefully the earning chart is updated soon.
If only A3 would credit UA P fares more than the disastrous 0% they do currently that would be great.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen
If only A3 would credit UA P fares more than the disastrous 0% they do currently that would be great.
It's time for another UA earning chart update. I would be happy with a 50% on N. I can't stand the thought of applying A3 FFP for benefits and not getting any miles out of the trip.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:22 am

It's time for another UA earning chart update. I would be happy with a 50% on N. I can't stand the thought of applying A3 FFP for benefits and not getting any miles out of the trip.
Sort of a kinky logic, isn't it?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Sort of a kinky logic, isn't it?
No.

I want the benefits that being *A Silver gives me from my A3 account when I travel. At the same time I would like to continue earning miles.

Let us also consider that if UA's new lowest fare class does not earn any miles in my *A program of choice and one of their competitors offer a similar fare to my destination that I CAN credit to my 1W, ST, or other program I would be more likely to purchase that ticket. How much of a factor that is in UA's fare structuring is anybody's guess (but probably not much). The biggest cross-crediting in the USA is probably UA/US (for now) and US members appear to earn 100% on UA N-Fares. AC also earns 100%.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:38 pm

No.

...UA's new lowest fare...
...UA's fare structuring...
...UA/US (for now) and US...
...UA N-Fares...
...AC also earns 100%.
Well, yes! As you can see, you cite 4 times UA's fares as well as those of other airlines, which you obviously often fly (or could, alternatively, fly). I do understand that you have the right to profit from A3's "easy" rules, but asking that an airline that will never, ever fly close to where you live and has low chances of gaining you as a frequent flyer, credits miles for the cheapest fares used on other -partner- airlines, is sort of weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.